Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent price drop and tax credit eligibility I am seriously considering ordering a model y, color blue, 19” wheels. Does anyone know the approximate current wait time for delivery if an order is placed now? I would also welcome any information on the Tesla delivery process as it is a bit unclear to me. I am in Kentucky where I do not believe Tesla has a store location.

"...Tesla delivery process... is a bit unclear to me..."

Welcome to TMC! As for the delivery process, it has never been predictable, it is constantly changing, and with the uproar of price changes, anyone's experience from the last several months wouldn't be reliable. Sorry about that.

As for purchasing a Tesla in a region that has limited Service Centers, make certain you understand the inconvenience of this. It isn't trivial.

Reactions: Northramp
Due to recent price reductions and availability of the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, people are placing Tesla orders like crazy. No need to go to a store location to order. Super easy to configure and place $100 deposit from your computer or smart phone.

Delivery times will change due to production schedules for the specific configuration you choose. A call to your local delivery center will get you information on which options might cause delays.

No need to even pick up your car from delivery center if it is far away. Tesla will have your car delivered directly to your home or place of business at no additional charge. They also provide some home Ranger services for warranty work or service if it is far from their center.

Thousands are cancelling EV orders from competitors due to better pricing on current Tesla.

There is no guarantee how long these current prices will be offered. Pricing could go up or down in the future.

The marketplace has turned the corner towards EVs and away from internal combustion engines. More and more are choosing electric for their future.

Reactions: Pricedm
No need to even pick up your car from delivery center if it is far away. Tesla will have your car delivered directly to your home or place of business at no additional charge. They also provide some home Ranger services for warranty work or service if it is far from their center.
Just want to say that for most areas it's at least $500 for home delivery, maybe more if you're further from a delivery center. California has free delivery for some areas - I don't think this is the case anywhere else in the US.

With the recent price drop and tax credit eligibility I am seriously considering ordering a model y, color blue, 19” wheels. Does anyone know the approximate current wait time for delivery if an order is placed now? I would also welcome any information on the Tesla delivery process as it is a bit unclear to me. I am in Kentucky where I do not believe Tesla has a store location.
You order the car through tesla.com and check out what is the nearest service center in another state. The car will probably be built in Texas so no $1250 like if it were coming from Freemont. Or maybe make a road trip and drive to Texas and pick it up

I don‘t know if this is dumb luck or not, but…

14 Jan - Placed order for MY LR, grey exterior, black interior, 19” wheels, 5 seat, enhanced autopilot (shout out to our awesome sales advisor “Jack” at the Rockville, MD showroom. We’ve NEVER had a more pleasant car buying experience!)

Delivery estimated “January - March”

17 Jan - VIN assigned and delivery window of 20 - 21 January.