Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Puck size (austin build)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just measured the hole for the lift point to attach the pucks.

The size is 24.65 mm and not the 20 mm other people were saying. I measure using a micrometer.

My car was built in Austin and I picked it up early September 2023.

Just measured the hole for the lift point to attach the pucks.

The size is 24.65 mm and not the 20 mm other people were saying. I measure using a micrometer.

My car was built in Austin and I picked it up early September 2023.
You don’t need to attach the pucks. You don’t even need pucks. But if you want to use them, they don’t need to attach to the jack points.
As long as it fits in the hole it’s fine.

I put a hockey puck on my floor jack and watch carefully as I lift the car. Just to make sure the force is on the lift point and nothing is hitting the battery.

How often does everyone jack up their car that it matters that much?

I put a hockey puck on my floor jack and watch carefully as I lift the car. Just to make sure the force is on the lift point and nothing is hitting the battery.

How often does everyone jack up their car that it matters that much?
Once is more than enough. Why risk damaging the battery when it's easy locate the lift point with a puck hanging from the hole? Less $20 for four (4).

Also I have a hard time believing the jack point hole size was EVER 20 mm. Don't think Tesla would arbitrarily change the hole size for one model year.

It's actually been widely reported and even many places on Amazon has updated their Puck sizing. Austin 2023 Model Y's have a different puck size starting sometime around March 2023. So yes, Tesla DID arbitrarily just change the puck holes for 2023 Austin Model Y's.

Here's another thread that discusses this.

Last edited:
It's actually been widely reported and even many places on Amazon has updated their Puck sizing. Austin 2023 Model Y's have a different puck size starting sometime around March 2023. So yes, Tesla DID arbitrarily just change the puck holes for 2023 Austin Model Y's.

Here's another thread that discusses this.
It's been clarified that ONLY the Model Y AWD (base version) built in Austin has the 20 mm holes. Not the MYLR or the MYP built in Austin.

Once is more than enough. Why risk damaging the battery when it's easy locate the lift point with a puck hanging from the hole? Less $20 for four (4).

Also I have a hard time believing the jack point hole size was EVER 20 mm. Don't think Tesla would arbitrarily change the hole size for one model year.
I can confirm this is the case, whether you can easily believe it or not. Now I'm in a position of reading every single internet discussion on this topic, in an attempt to rotate my tires on my own :(

The puck centering knobs that I 3D printed for my Model 3 years ago were 25.7mm and fit snugly enough to hold the puck in easily. So snugly in fact that I've driven away with one still attached and had opportunity to grab it 10+ miles later when I remembered that I didn't put it away.

I clicked in for curiosity in case I make a snap decision to get a Y before end-of-year.

Attachments

• IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    888.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2569.jpeg
    IMG_2569.jpeg
    861.9 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: andrewr83