Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a golden ticket....I've got a golden ticket.....sorry, I've found a hidden VIN. MY LR Blue/Black/Towbar ordered last July for delivery to Cork in Ireland.
That's a lot of hours reading this and the 2022 forum and thousands of checks for a VIN. Delivery window of 23/02 to 10/03. I can't wait. Any idea what ship is issuing the VINs today.

Edit: I found it on Höegh Chiba :)

Last edited:
I've got a golden ticket....I've got a golden ticket.....sorry, I've found a hidden VIN. MY LR Blue/Black/Towbar ordered last July for delivery to Cork in Ireland.
That's a lot of hours reading this and the 2022 forum and thousands of checks for a VIN. Delivery window of 23/02 to 10/03. I can't wait. Any idea what ship is issuing the VINs today.

Edit: I found it on Höegh Chiba :)
The Hoegh Chiba isn't on the tracking map I think. I got a VIN from that Ship also.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I think that’s right. No way of checking.
But you can guesstimate based on your delivery / collection date or window.

Did you ask your lease company for the VIN or did Tesla just text it to you?
Tesla customer service confirmed a car had been allocated and the lease company gave me the VIN when I asked.

I suspect it is the second ship based on my delivery date range (no text received yet).

Often wondered do they leave China with a full matched orders, or some sort of percentage matched, then the balance are floating that can be assigned

It seems Tesla predicts what will sell over the next 12 weeks (or so) and makes these cars in batches of identical specs. Then sometime after the ships have left China the cars are matched to orders with any remaining cars going on the website as inventory.

(CLearly each ship contains multiple production batches)

Reactions: JDOC