Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grande New Jersey has really slowed down going around Portugal.

It’s got some knots to do to get to Southampton in 25 hours…
I wonder if it has been told to delay its arrival - Tesla always maintained, in multiple calls recently despite the ETA being brought forward from ship tracking, that my M3 RWD is due in the country only on the 16th March. I have also questioned if my scheduled collection of AM on Friday 17th March could possibly be brought forward if the car arrives early, and they have told me every time that it will not be - the 17th is the earliest possible pick up day...

I wonder if it has been told to delay its arrival - Tesla always maintained, in multiple calls recently despite the ETA being brought forward from ship tracking, that my M3 RWD is due in the country only on the 16th March. I have also questioned if my scheduled collection of AM on Friday 17th March could possibly be brought forward if the car arrives early, and they have told me every time that it will not be - the 17th is the earliest possible pick up day...
I have a date of 16/03 so this worries me!

Monday 13 Mar 23 SUMMARY

GRANDE NEW JERSEY
ETA Southampton Western Docks 16:30 15 Mar. Note the latest updated time of arrival. The weather in the Bay of Biscay is pretty hairy at the moment with some big 7m+ waves. The waves being caused by the gale force winds are aligned with the Atlantic swell which means the occasional monster wave is likely. An uncomfortable night ahead for her. All the cars will be lashed down to the deck but nevertheless the ship will want to avoid any damage to its cargo and will reduce its speed. It means the ship will be late but that is preferable to the alternative.

GRAND HERO ETA Barcelona 11:00 local tomorrow.

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

HOEGH OSAKA ETA Zeebrugge 19 Mar. Has 760 MS and 664 MX onboard.

HOEGH BANGKOK ETA Zeebrugge 30 Mar Currently still in the Gulf of Aden but should enter the Red Sea in a few hours time.

If you are in the EU and have a VIN, check HERE to confirm whether your car is onboard a Hoegh ship or not.

CHANG DA LONG In view of the latest WuWa video it's almost certain this ship delivered a bunch of cars to Thailand today.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.' At the moment the only suspect ship remaining is DREAM ORCHID. We shall have to see where she plans to dock in Southampton to see if that rules her out.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Reactions: lakes1 and XHabjab
Manchester collection - I really don't think it's likely now though, going to ring tomorrow...

GRANDE NEW JERSEY is still doing 8.7 kts and has 750 miles to go..
Can you give us a shout on here mate when you get your vehicle successfully please? And maybe if you do call them today and what they advise re. your car's location, just to effectively verify it's on GRANDE NEW JERSEY?

Update, didn't specifically say where the car was but said all still OK for 16/03, can only assume my car is already in the UK and I've been tracking GRANDE NEW JERSEY unnecessarily 😅😅
Ha classic - I've just been given my reg. in a call with Tesla who confirmed again my pickup in Manchester is ok for Friday morning, car still due in the country on 16th, so fits GRANDE NEW JERSEY I think and hoping it arrives 15th for a bit of buffer time!

Tuesday 14 Mar 23 SUMMARY

GRANDE NEW JERSEY
ETA Southampton Western Docks 17:30 15 Mar. Note the latest updated time of arrival. She should just make it.

GRAND HERO She arrived in Barcelona earlier today from Shanghai.

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 11:00 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar. She may have some Teslas onboard amongst Kias/Hyundais.

HOEGH OSAKA ETA Zeebrugge 19 Mar. Has 760 MS and 664 MX onboard from Baltimore

HOEGH BANGKOK ETA Zeebrugge 30 Mar Currently in the Red Sea.

If you are in the EU and have a VIN, check HERE to confirm whether your car is onboard a Hoegh ship or not.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Any idea what ship bound for Zeebrugge could possibly be carrying RHDs for Ireland Market? I have an email from Tesla stating that pushing the delivery out to Sept was the result of a computer error and will be moved back soon as they are still aiming for a May delivery in IE.

Any idea what ship bound for Zeebrugge could possibly be carrying RHDs for Ireland Market? I have an email from Tesla stating that pushing the delivery out to Sept was the result of a computer error and will be moved back soon as they are still aiming for a May delivery in IE.
I don't believe there is a ship at sea presently with anything for Ireland.
For a May delivery I would expect to see a departure from Shanghai during April (which is when I would in any case, expect to see the next shipment to EU depart).
You don't need to spend long in this forum to find out that the expected delivery dates shown on the Tesla account can be wildly inaccurate and should be largely ignored. Unfortunately , experience has also shown that getting reliable information from Tesla can also be a challenge despite the best intentions of the Tesla rep. My advice is to learn how to search your account for a hidden VIN (multiple threads on this forum) daily. When you find it, post some details on here (1st 4 digits of the 6 digit number are useful to get a rough idea of production date) and it may be possible to identify which ship it is likely to be on or in some cases, exactly which ship. Your car will be shipped via Zeebrugge. Don't expect to hear anything from Tesla until very late in the process. Read post #1 to this thread and enjoy the wait....