Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So according to Tesla live chat agent, the current flood of MYs into the IE inventory is coming from the UK. The boat arrives in 2 weeks, MYs first and then M3s. They told me my M3 order is heading towards a May delivery and once the M3s start "getting moved" they'll be in touch

So according to Tesla live chat agent, the current flood of MYs into the IE inventory is coming from the UK. The boat arrives in 2 weeks, MYs first and then M3s. They told me my M3 order is heading towards a May delivery and once the M3s start "getting moved" they'll be in touch
I’ve just had delivery confirmed for this Friday (31st March). So some must be here already.

As I feel I’ll likely be paying less attention to the shipping thread going forward, I have to say thank you to Mr Miserable for all the info!

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Just confirmed VISION and got a VIN on my page. 7SAXCCE57PF3xxxxx. According to the Tesla vin decoder this is MX from 2022 ?. Does this mean no HW4? Or does the Vision mean HW4? What else can I be missing?
Calling Tesla to check. Car is onboard TROTTER from Baltimore to Rotterdam by the way. ETD in Rotterdam 30 march. ETD Stockholm 4-14 April.
Anyone else with 7SA and an Model X? Says on certain pages that this is the new VIN for MX?:)

Edit. Spoke to Tesla. Car is produced end FEB 2023. 7SA seams to be new VIN for MX.

Last edited:
Just confirmed VISION and got a VIN on my page. 7SAXCCE57PF3xxxxx. According to the Tesla vin decoder this is MX from 2022 :(. Does this mean no HW4? Or does the Vision mean HW4? What else can I be missing?
Calling Tesla to check. Car is onboard TROTTER from Baltimore to Rotterdam by the way. ETD in Rotterdam 30 march. ETD Stockholm 4-14 April.
Can one push the delivery and get a new one? Without the price being changed
Anyone else with 7SA and an Model X? Says on certain pages that this is the new VIN for MX?:)

Edit. Spoke to Tesla. Car is produced end FEB 2023. 7SA seams to be new VIN for MX.
I also got a VIN today for a car on board of the Trotter. FYI @Mr Miserable

Just confirmed VISION and got a VIN on my page. 7SAXCCE57PF3xxxxx. According to the Tesla vin decoder this is MX from 2022 ?. Does this mean no HW4? Or does the Vision mean HW4? What else can I be missing?

7SA is the VIN prefix for new MX and MY.
The factory code is either F for Fremont or A for Austin - Yours is clearly Fremont.
I will add HOEGH TROTTER to the tracker. She is presently entering the English Channel and is scheduled to arrive in Rotterdam on Thursday morning.
Thanks for letting us know!

Last edited:
HOEGH BANGKOK has arrived in Zeebrugge. I don't believe she is carrying a lot of Teslas.

Quite which ship is carrying the Irish cars is a mystery at the moment. It's especially strange that the cars are being routed via Southampton. Despite having a full record of every ship that has departed the various ports of Shanghai I still can't identify the ship involved especially if it is due due arrive in 2 weeks time. GRANDE HOUSTON departed Shanghai South on 25 Mar which was a during a period which WuWa videos showed there was a sizeable number of RHD cars in the compounds. This ship is due to arrive in Southampton on 27 Apr after port calls in Turkey and Italy. We shall see....

In the meantime I'm looking for the 1st ship of Q2 for EU/UK to turn up at Shanghai South. Only a few days to go....

Reactions: WannabeOwner
HOEGH BANGKOK has arrived in Zeebrugge. I don't believe she is carrying a lot of Teslas.

Quite which ship is carrying the Irish cars is a mystery at the moment. It's especially strange that the cars are being routed via Southampton. Despite having a full record of every ship that has departed the various ports of Shanghai I still can't identify the ship involved especially if it is due due arrive in 2 weeks time. GRANDE HOUSTON departed Shanghai South on 25 Mar which was a during a period which WuWa videos showed there was a sizeable number of RHD cars in the compounds. This ship is due to arrive in Southampton on 27 Apr after port calls in Turkey and Italy. We shall see....

In the meantime I'm looking for the 1st ship of Q2 for EU/UK to turn up at Shanghai South. Only a few days to go....
Irish cars coming from the UK could be moved by trucks on ferries, it has been done before. I was on a ferry coming into Rosslare and there were a couple of car transporters with Teslas loaded. This was a long time ago; before Brexit.

Reactions: ringi
Irish cars coming from the UK could be moved by trucks on ferries, it has been done before. I was on a ferry coming into Rosslare and there were a couple of car transporters with Teslas loaded. This was a long time ago; before Brexit.
You are correct. Until Jan 2021 Teslas were shipped to Ireland via UK, latterly Southampton. Since then they have all been routed via Zeebrugge to Dublin.
Quite frankly I am surprised that this may have reverted.

MORNING CALYPSO is making her way to dock at Shanghai South in a few hours time. We discussed this ship a few days ago - her itinerary takes her to Barcelona on 24 Apr which is interesting but her subsequent stops in Antwerp and Bristol are distinctly non-Tesla which makes me doubt whether she is carrying any Teslas at all. We shall see ... A WuWa video would be helpful! She is not due to depart until early on 01 Apr so there is time for a video, please!

Further research suggests she may be carrying Mazdas.

Last edited:
You are correct. Until Jan 2021 Teslas were shipped to Ireland via UK, latterly Southampton. Since then they have all been routed via Zeebrugge to Dublin.
Quite frankly I am surprised that this may have reverted.
I think it's more likely that there's a smallish vehicle carrier leaving a UK port and heading for Dublin. If the cars never leave the UK port confines, would they be considered as not imported and just transiting? Which port is likely to have received cars recently? Southampton? Is there a carrier leaving there in the next 2 weeks with destination Dublin?

I have no clue, I'm just throwing possibilities around. :)

7SA is the VIN prefix for new MX and MY.
The factory code is either F for Fremont or A for Austin - Yours is clearly Fremont.
I will add HOEGH TROTTER to the tracker. She is presently entering the English Channel and is scheduled to arrive in Rotterdam on Thursday morning.
Thanks for letting us know!
I believe Trotter has arrived in Rotterdam.
Any idea how to find out the which is the next ship. Rotterdam to Stockholm (Södertälje)