Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess what they can see is the last known location where the car was within cellular reach, so if the car is at sea they wont know where it is, or do they have other means for communicating with the cars?
Most likely so, but they won’t tell you that location - tried asking for mine. Wouldn’t tell even factory gated date, which in inventory cars is public data on every car.

Pretty useless SA - atleast here in Finland.

Chat service seemed to be the same, an AI answering - sad I couldn’t get Noah’s supervisors email to give direct feedback of how bad that customer service event was.

Only data I could get was that I was matched to a car 20 days ago (few weeks before hidden vin). So much have rolled out of factory some time before that.

I guess what they can see is the last known location where the car was within cellular reach, so if the car is at sea they wont know where it is, or do they have other means for communicating with the cars?
It will show where it was last in cellular contact. It'll be pretty obvious if it's on a ship. (eg Last seen in Shanghai 2 weeks ago - would be a clue) The fact that you have a VIN and were expecting delivery should mean the car will be easily located.

Mr Miserable,
"Drammen, Norway has hundreds of MY on the dockside at present."

- Do you think they distribute the VINs on these cars when they are at Drammen dock or do you think they are already matched up already?

I have a order in for a MYP Quicksilver with EDD 12.-30.6, no VIN yet. Not sure how many more shipments to Drammen there is before the window of June deliveries closes.
They will all have been allocated but sales do fall through. and a reallocation takes place.

They will all have been allocated but sales do fall through. and a reallocation takes place.
Thank you for your answer!
In Norway now, almost all of new registrations of MY are LR, only a couple of MYP every day.
Have seen in Norwegian forums that there is quite a lot of people who ordered in the beginning of this quarter with a wide spread EDD, have now all in common EDD 12th-13th jun - 30th june, me included. Hopefully there is coming a new ship from Germany full with MYP soon :)

03 Jun 23 Summary

VIKING SEA
is now alongside in Vancouver (Richmond).

RCC AFRICA dep Pier 80 to Tianjin ETA 5 Jun.

SUNBELT SPIRIT Currently heading for Tarragona, Spain. Expected to then head to Southampton ETA around 10 Jun. Has RHD cars onboard.

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT ETA Barcelona 12 Jun.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Zeebrugge on 16 Jun. (Routing via stops in Turkey & Italy).

GRANDE TORINO ETA Southampton 24 Jun. Not yet positively confirmed to be carrying Teslas but highly likely to be.

MORNING CECILIE More RWD MY for US/Canada. ETA Tacoma 13 Jun and New Westminster (Vancouver) 17 Jun.

HOEGH ASIA which arrives in Zeebrugge on 23 Jun is a possible carrier too. Easily checked if you have a VIN.

A VIN allocation suggests that there could be an MS/MX shipment onboard PATRIOT ETA Bremerhaven 14 Jun and Antwerp 18 Jun. These are not usual ports of entry for Teslas but because of the small number of vehicles involved it may mean that Tesla may not have a choice. This ship then carries on to Southampton and so if the UK VINs don't appear on the HOEGH TARGET (see below) then PATRIOT will be the prime suspect.

There is a probable MS/MX shipment to Southampton arr 16 Jun departing Baltimore on 5 Jun on HOEGH TARGET. If you have been given a VIN keep checking HERE to see if your new LHD MS or MX is onboard. Don't forget to let me know!

I don't track MY shipments from Berlin as a rule however it is believed that GRANDE MEDITERRANEO may be delivering a shipment to Turkey (4 Jun) and Israel (6 Jun). Drammen, Norway has hundreds of MY on the dockside at present.

MY/M3 for Ireland are produced in Shanghai and shipped via Zeebrugge to Dublin.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

My EDD has just been updated to be 25th to 30th June so Grande Torino is looking like a likely candidate. Do you know the usual location of the vessel when VIN's are assigned, a few years ago when I got my M3P it was on the approach to Suez but not sure if that is still the case as many people seem to be getting VINs really early nowadays.

Apologies, I'm aware this is mainly for UK/EU shipping tracking, but is there any visibility of vessels heading to NZ or Aus?

I've got an EDD of 14-30 June for a M3 from Shanghai, and I'm keen to follow the shipping updates.

Do these vessels head to AU/NZ directly from China, or do they make a stop somewhere else first?

Thanks.

Hi guys, I know this thread is only for UK, but it's basically the best thread about shipments that I can find online, so I'll ask anyway.

I ordered a M3RW on the 22th of May in Milan (Italy). Delivery is expected on 7-21 June.

Monitoring the Tesla ships website I noticed that tonight a ship will stop by Goia Tauro in south Italy a and another ship will stop at Tarragona in Spain.

Is it a good guess to say that my car is probably in one of those ships? When it could arrive at Milan?

By the way, I got my VIN basically the day after I placed my order, so I think the car was already manufactured and probably already on a ship coming to Europe.

Apologies, I'm aware this is mainly for UK/EU shipping tracking, but is there any visibility of vessels heading to NZ or Aus?

I've got an EDD of 14-30 June for a M3 from Shanghai, and I'm keen to follow the shipping updates.

Do these vessels head to AU/NZ directly from China, or do they make a stop somewhere else first?

Thanks.
I suspect a shipment for NZ was dropped off in Auckland by PALMELA on 22 May.
Also there is a possibility that some Teslas could have been crossloaded on to DON JUAN which currently in your neck of the woods.
To be honest, I haven't really been looking for AUS/NZ shipments.
If I see anything in the next few days I will post about it.

Hi guys, I know this thread is only for UK, but it's basically the best thread about shipments that I can find online, so I'll ask anyway.

I ordered a M3RW on the 22th of May in Milan (Italy). Delivery is expected on 7-21 June.

Monitoring the Tesla ships website I noticed that tonight a ship will stop by Goia Tauro in south Italy a and another ship will stop at Tarragona in Spain.

Is it a good guess to say that my car is probably in one of those ships? When it could arrive at Milan?

By the way, I got my VIN basically the day after I placed my order, so I think the car was already manufactured and probably already on a ship coming to Europe.
Thanks for posting.
I don't think it's likely that your car would be aboard SUNBELT SPIRIT and so we can rule that one out.
GRANDE CALIFORNIA would be my favourite.

Hi all, I know this is not the right section, but I hope someone can help me. I bought an M3 online on May 13th, I've already paid in advance, I already have the VIN and they've already asked me for registration data on May 25th, but since then delivery has always been June 7-21st. Is there any possibility that my M3 is about to land in Italy? Or is it still in transit by sea? :( Thanks to whoever will answer

Thanks for posting.
I don't think it's likely that your car would be aboard SUNBELT SPIRIT and so we can rule that one out.
GRANDE CALIFORNIA would be my favourite.
Grande California should arrive today in Italy, so it would be great because I guess that would mean that I get my car in a week or so.

The next ship I think is Glovis Sunlight which will reach Suez in a day and then we'll see its next destination. If it doesn't stop to Italy, I think my car must be on Grande California, otherwise I don't think I'll get my car before the 21th of June

I suspect a shipment for NZ was dropped off in Auckland by PALMELA on 22 May.
Also there is a possibility that some Teslas could have been crossloaded on to DON JUAN which currently in your neck of the woods.
To be honest, I haven't really been looking for AUS/NZ shipments.
If I see anything in the next few days I will post about it.
Thank you very much 😄

[[[[[[[[[
Grande California should arrive today in Italy, so it would be great because I guess that would mean that I get my car in a week or so.

The next ship I think is Glovis Sunlight which will reach Suez in a day and then we'll see its next destination. If it doesn't stop to Italy, I think my car must be on Grande California, otherwise I don't think I'll get my car before the 21th of June
GLOVIS SUNLIGHT is heading to Barcelona ETA 12 Jun

Hi all, I know this is not the right section, but I hope someone can help me. I bought an M3 online on May 13th, I've already paid in advance, I already have the VIN and they've already asked me for registration data on May 25th, but since then delivery has always been June 7-21st. Is there any possibility that my M3 is about to land in Italy? Or is it still in transit by sea? :( Thanks to whoever will answer
Anyone please? :(

I'm told that it looks like a ship may be due into Pier 80 in San Francisco in the next day or so.
This information comes from what I regard to be a reliable source. (Long term readers will know exactly who I mean!)
Both the ship and its destination remain unknown at present however the destination is likely to be in the Far East.