Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
09 Jun 23 Summary

SUNBELT SPIRIT
has arrived in Southampton.

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT Revised ETA Barcelona 11 Jun.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA Revised ETA Zeebrugge 12 Jun. (Routed via scheduled stops in Turkey & Italy).

GRANDE TORINO ETA Southampton 24 Jun. Not yet positively confirmed to be carrying Teslas but highly likely to be.

MORNING CECILIE More RWD MY for US/Canada. ETA Tacoma 13 Jun and New Westminster (Vancouver) 17 Jun.

HOEGH ASIA which arrives in Zeebrugge on 23 Jun is a possible carrier too. Easily checked if you have a VIN.

A VIN allocation suggests that there could be an MS/MX shipment onboard PATRIOT ETA Bremerhaven 14 Jun and Antwerp 18 Jun. These are not usual ports of entry for Teslas but because of the small number of vehicles involved it may mean that Tesla may not have a choice. The ship is stopping first in Southampton but not in the Western Docks, which would be used if she was unloading Teslas.

There is a probable MS/MX shipment to Southampton arr 16 Jun departing Baltimore on HOEGH TARGET. If you have been given a VIN keep checking HERE to see if your new LHD MS or MX is onboard. Don't forget to let me know!

A game of musical chairs is happening at Pier 80 in San Francisco at the moment. The ships involved are VIKING ADVENTURE and VIKING DRIVE. Worth keeping an eye on.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
spot on tracking.
I ordered MYLR on 30th May and collected it on 15th June.
The car wasn't prepared for collection when I did PDI, and there was a slip on rear seats with some bar codes and “SUNBELT SPIRIT” written on it.
The store manager confirmed the date of arrival in Southampton and later to London.
Well done!!

CRYSTAL RAY has now departed Shanghai South for Suez.
This may not be a Tesla shipment because of the timing - having $200m+ of cars at sea straddling a quarter-end is not in Tesla's playbook.
Let's hope a WuWa video surfaces soon.
Having said that, this quarter's output figures will have been affected by the shutdown of M3 production as the lines are reconfigured for the new M3. Whilst MY production will be at an all time high, I'm sure the total figures will prove disappointing to some and 'prove a drop in demand and the end of Tesla's meteoric ascendency'. The short sellers will have a feeding frenzy! Tesla may wish to burn their fingers by having a large number of cars at sea over quarter-end ('unsold stock - Tesla can't shift them' will be the headline) which will just add to a record breaking Q3. The logic being that the Q2 figures will be badly received and so there is no harm in making them a little worse, or simply taking a longer term view of gain over short term pain. Some shareholders may not be happy with that strategy having already endured a painful 18 months.
We shall see.....

That's my reading of the tea-leaves too.

The logic being that the Q2 figures will be badly received and so there is no harm in making them a little worse, or simply taking a longer term view of gain over short term pain

Time to look under the mattress and get ready to buy some stock ...

Some shareholders may not be happy with that strategy having already endured a painful 18 months.

best they sell now then :) Tesla stock has been skyrocketing recently ...

tesla05.gif

I ordered my UK MYP mid-May, with an original EDD of 24-30 June AFAIR. When Grande Torino sailed my EDD got pushed back to July 8-23. It's not VIN allocated yet, but watching closely - I don't think CRYSTAL RAY can make July 08 but does seem in the right ballpark.
  • My EDD date seems to imply there will be cars in-transit across the end of Q2
  • Being bumped out of Q2 makes me feel good for Q2 numbers, as they did not have enough supply to get to me.
  • Could those holding 28-30 June dates without VIN be on a reserve list, for allocated cars who do not complete their purchase? Or are those pleasant surprises when EDDs move forward?

I ordered my UK MYP mid-May, with an original EDD of 24-30 June AFAIR. When Grande Torino sailed my EDD got pushed back to July 8-23. It's not VIN allocated yet, but watching closely - I don't think CRYSTAL RAY can make July 08 but does seem in the right ballpark.
  • My EDD date seems to imply there will be cars in-transit across the end of Q2
  • Being bumped out of Q2 makes me feel good for Q2 numbers, as they did not have enough supply to get to me.
  • Could those holding 28-30 June dates without VIN be on a reserve list, for allocated cars who do not complete their purchase? Or are those pleasant surprises when EDDs move forward?
If CRYSTAL RAY were to be heading to Southampton then I estimate she would arrive around 12 Jul, at best.

I think the delivery dates will be based on ordered specification rather than reserve list. Some specs will be less common than others in both orders and in manufacture, when that guessing game doesn’t align some people wait ages while others get rapid delivery. It’s all part of the Tesla waiting game.

I'm not quite sure why GRANDE TORINO is taking a more northerly course than absolutely necessary but if my memory serves me right I seem to recall that another ship took a similar course in the past. It headed to Syracuse in Sicily before sweeping back down into the normal shipping lanes. Scenic cruising or more likely a sail past for the familia. It was all the rage at one time but then COSTA CONCORDIA happened....

Actually, my very old 2021 order was cancelled by Tesla.
After a little scandal, In made a new order in January and they applied the old price.
Now they say that It’s not possible to sell me a stock car with the old price.
I must wait for the system to assign a VIN for me.
I smell bullshit, as usual with Tesla…

@Mr Miserable any hint on the whereabouts of NOCC OCEANIC?
We (~300 people) just got our delivery appointment delayed for the 3rd time 😭 seems like she stopped AIS transmission 18 hours ago. Hope she's still above sea level
I just took a look and she is on course for Ashdod passing to the north of the Suez Canal, therefore she should arrive tomorrow morning. (Mon 19)

Reactions: Liorbo
VIKING SEA It looks like she will dock tomorrow at Shanghai South. Another trip to Canada must be on the cards.
I very much doubt she will make it before the end of quarter though. 1st or 2nd July would be my best guess ETA for Vancouver.
for us Canadians, will we be getting our VIN before the Carrier leaves Shanghai or will we get out VIN after it arrives to Canada?