Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have all these problems, on a 2023 X HW4. No response to 12v disconnect cold boot.
It started 1 week after 2023.38.9, and after a carwash (not sure that's relevant of coincidence). Service center said software related, wait until next update. I said, it's federally illegal for new car to not have a backup camera (though I'm more peeved about losing GPS, FSD, blind spot monitors, etc). So they reluctantly scheduled me for a service next week. WTF is going on.

Anyone get the gps and cameras fixed after the software update? The service center told me it will fix by the latest update, finally i was received a update notification two days ago, but it stuck in the 100% download stage, i send a request, and still has no one contact me. I done the hard reset and power off procedure, still the same.

Anyone get the gps and cameras fixed after the software update? The service center told me it will fix by the latest update, finally i was received a update notification two days ago, but it stuck in the 100% download stage, i send a request, and still has no one contact me. I done the hard reset and power off procedure, still the same.
My car is at the sc now might get it back 12/24

Which update? 2023.44.1 didn't resolve it for me. The new holiday update 2023.44.30 hasn't been delivered to my car yet.

so basically most of the new cars within two months have this cameras and gps issues.... My car just two months old..
We don't know that this is true. The tesla service advisor said it was "many" newer 3's and Y's with the "lastest autopilot computer". I asked for numbers but they wouldn't or couldn't say. They must know how many cars are affected through because there are many error messages in the logs associated with the issue and Tesla collects those logs remotely. They used those log entries to determine, in my case, that my issue was not hardware and instead must be fixed by software. Of course, they could turn out to be wrong about the diagnosis. I am waiting for the second update since my issue got bad to see if its resolved. I really would prefer they don't open up the car to replace the computer, the car has enough rattles already.

We don't know that this is true. The tesla service advisor said it was "many" newer 3's and Y's with the "lastest autopilot computer". I asked for numbers but they wouldn't or couldn't say. They must know how many cars are affected through because there are many error messages in the logs associated with the issue and Tesla collects those logs remotely. They used those log entries to determine, in my case, that my issue was not hardware and instead must be fixed by software. Of course, they could turn out to be wrong about the diagnosis. I am waiting for the second update since my issue got bad to see if its resolved. I really would prefer they don't open up the car to replace the computer, the car has enough rattles already.
They are not even responding to my request, the download still stuck in 100%.

Attachments

• 17031033139236971689451158787306.jpg
    17031033139236971689451158787306.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 44