Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are not even responding to my request, the download still stuck in 100%.
Hey Kent, had similar issue, my car was picked up on 11/3, so pretty new on the MY long range. Originally brought in early in december, they took it in and did a hard reset which worked for about a week. I brought it back last week and they said they are now ordering new computer, but the ETA for new computer was almost a month for them. Had them do a hard reset again and its working temporarily until they get the new computer. My service date is 1/9 now, keep ya updated.

• Informative
Reactions: Dayreg
Hey Kent, had similar issue, my car was picked up on 11/3, so pretty new on the MY long range. Originally brought in early in december, they took it in and did a hard reset which worked for about a week. I brought it back last week and they said they are now ordering new computer, but the ETA for new computer was almost a month for them. Had them do a hard reset again and its working temporarily until they get the new computer. My service date is 1/9 now, keep ya updated.
Thanks for the info, i will try call them up.

Same thing happened to my car. It is now in the service center as they try to diagnose the problem. The service center did say they saw this problem with Model Y's after the 44.1 software update. They were nice enough to provide me with a loaner. Hope this is resovled sooner than later. I've only had the car a month and I am becoming very diasppointed. It drives well, however this should NOT be happening with a new car.

I have all these problems, on a 2023 X HW4. No response to 12v disconnect cold boot.
It started 1 week after 2023.38.9, and after a carwash (not sure that's relevant of coincidence). Service center said software related, wait until next update. I said, it's federally illegal for new car to not have a backup camera (though I'm more peeved about losing GPS, FSD, blind spot monitors, etc). So they reluctantly scheduled me for a service next week. WTF is going on.
They replaced the FSD computer and reverted software to 2023.20.100. They told me it's a fleetwide firmware issue with new software update nerfing the Ryzen/HW4/No-USS AKA all new cars for the past 6ish months.
It has worked for 1 day so far. That said I (probably mistakenly) just installed 2023.44.1 so, let's see if it recurs.

Cameras and Autopilot not working after latest update to 2023.44.30.2 on 12/20/2023. GPS location is frozen at home.
I have a 2021 MYLR with 49510 miles.
I already did a soft reboot with 2 buttons, and 2 buttons with pedal. I also did the “power off”. No improvement.
I set a mobile appt for 12/27 via the app.
Called Tesla Support today and they couldn’t help.
Let’s see how the mobile appt goes on 12/27.

• Informative
Cameras and Autopilot not working after latest update to 2023.44.30.2 on 12/20/2023. GPS location is frozen at home.
I have a 2021 MYLR with 49510 miles.
I already did a soft reboot with 2 buttons, and 2 buttons with pedal. I also did the “power off”. No improvement.
I set a mobile appt for 12/27 via the app.
Called Tesla Support today and they couldn’t help.
Let’s see how the mobile appt goes on 12/27.
So I went on a drive today. Cameras, GPS, Autopilot still not working.
Then I noticed that the display and mirrors were all dimmed as if it was night, but it’s 9:50am in the morning.
When I get to my destination about 10 miles from home, I “power off” my MYLR 2021, wait 2 minutes, and turn it back on. Guess what? To my surprise, everything now works again. Cameras, GPS, Autopilot, and the display now is no longer dimmed.
Remember that “power off” did not fix the issues on 12/20.
When I look at the software update time, it shows last updated at 5:47am today, 12/22.
Tesla must have pushed this update after they messed things up with Wed’s update on 12/20, and “power off” today enabled the update to take effect.
So 2023.44.30.2 is a newer update compared to my update from 12/20, which was an earlier version.
Hope this helps others out there.

Then I noticed that the display and mirrors were all dimmed as if it was night, but it’s 9:50am in the morning.
When I get to my destination about 10 miles from home, I “power off” my MYLR 2021, wait 2 minutes, and turn it back on. Guess what? To my surprise, everything now works again. Cameras, GPS, Autopilot, and the display now is no longer dimmed.
When I look at the software update time, it shows last updated at 5:47am today, 12/22.
Tesla must have pushed this update after they messed things up with Wed’s update on 12/20, and “power off” today enabled the update to take effect.
So 2023.44.30.2 is a newer update compared to my update from 12/20, which was an earlier version.
Good to hear that, my update still stuck at 100%, not able to perform the installation, i called couple times to Tesla, all the response i got were they are still working on that, someone going to call me, but I've never receive any call from them since my first service request.

This is an issue that's occurring to lot of people across different threads. Reportedly its cause the computer is getting perpetually stuck trying to update and glitching. Some people across threads had success from doing a hard 12V reset. My first service center attempt tried and worked for a week before it started happening again. Others had their computers replaced, which seemed to fix the issue. Mine is getting replaced on 1/9. Frustrating for sure, also seems to affect cars that have HW4.

This is an issue that's occurring to lot of people across different threads. Reportedly its cause the computer is getting perpetually stuck trying to update and glitching. Some people across threads had success from doing a hard 12V reset. My first service center attempt tried and worked for a week before it started happening again. Others had their computers replaced, which seemed to fix the issue. Mine is getting replaced on 1/9. Frustrating for sure, also seems to affect cars that have HW4.
I read a recent report where tesla replaced the computer and the issue returned.

2023 MYLR 2600 miles. I have had all of the problems described in this thread since Oct 25. Had one service center call shortly after. They reloaded all the firmware and latest software and things worked for an hour or so. I ended up taking it home with all the problems it came in with and them telling me to wait for a future update that should magically fix it. Many updates have been pushed but none have successfully installed. The car is scheduled to go in on Dec 26, where, I'm sure, they will get all the latest upgrades loaded and probably it will work, at least, temporarily. I'm not very optimistic about the outcome judging from others experiences here. I'll let ya know how it turns out. And the beat goes on.

For those in the US who continue to have camera problems, if the rear camera doesn't work despite all of the steps, updates, etc. you should Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA. Or, just visit www.safercar.gov and click on the button in the upper right.

Backup cameras have been mandated in the US for years and plenty of cars have faced recalls for backup cameras that don't work, may stop working or don't work reliably. Just Google for recall backup camera for examples. So, given that there have been recalls, it not working clearly meets the bar for reporting a safety defect.

This is anecdotal but:

On reddit some people said that this issue appeared for them as soon as they downloaded the 2023.44.30.2, 2023.44.30.3, 2023.44.30.4 updates, but was resolved with 2023.44.30.6.

Good luck all.

Second this. I turned off the sentry mode, then power off the car for two minutes. Then the DAS ECU became nornal again

IMG_1343.jpeg

For those in the US who continue to have camera problems, if the rear camera doesn't work despite all of the steps, updates, etc. you should Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA. Or, just visit www.safercar.gov and click on the button in the upper right.

Backup cameras have been mandated in the US for years and plenty of cars have faced recalls for backup cameras that don't work, may stop working or don't work reliably. Just Google for recall backup camera for examples. So, given that there have been recalls, it not working clearly meets the bar for reporting a safety defect.
And I’m guessing would qualify for a lemon law return after multiple repair attempts.

2023 MYLR 2600 miles. I have had all of the problems described in this thread since Oct 25. Had one service center call shortly after. They reloaded all the firmware and latest software and things worked for an hour or so. I ended up taking it home with all the problems it came in with and them telling me to wait for a future update that should magically fix it. Many updates have been pushed but none have successfully installed. The car is scheduled to go in on Dec 26, where, I'm sure, they will get all the latest upgrades loaded and probably it will work, at least, temporarily. I'm not very optimistic about the outcome judging from others experiences here. I'll let ya know how it turns out. And the beat goes on.
Sounds about like our experience, plus computer replacement.