Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the first of several videos that I am going to do about the new Highland Model 3 Performance. Yes, Tesla does in fact refer to it as the "Highland" Model 3.

This is a deep dive video into optimizing the 2024 Highland Model 3 Performance for both acceleration and efficiency. Here are some of the facts this video demonstrates. Later on I will add other videos that go into more detail about tires and optimizing them for Performance and Efficiency and also some helpful hints on how to utilize the S3XY buttons and Teslogic Display to add different features to the car.

1. The car is in fact called the "Highland" Model 3 by Tesla.
2. HP is well over 510 HP. It is closer to 615 HP for the US Model.
3. 0-60 mph in the US is closer to 2.7 seconds than 2.9 seconds.
4. The car can do a 10.75 @ 126+ mph 1/4 mile with a fully optimized battery.
5. The New car's 0-130 MPH is close to the old car's 60-130 MPH.
6. 18" 235 wide Efficiency All Season tires don't really slow the car down over the stock summer tires.
7. Efficiency at 60 mph can be almost as good as a Model 3 RWD on 18's if the new car uses the ultra efficient Hankook iON EVO AS tires on 18" wheels.

Best 2022 vs Best 2024.jpgBest 2022 vs worst 2024.jpgBest 2024 vs worst 2022.jpgJust Best MP3 Dyno Graph.jpgJust 2022 MP3 Dyno Graph.jpgJust 2024 MP3 Dyno Graph.jpg

Reserving this post for more pictures and future information.
The forum software doesnt really work that way. Once the edit period on a post passes, thats it, it cant be edited anymore unless one has mod rights. You are not going to be able to reserve the first post(s) in the thread for your content.

The only way to do that is to make the post a wiki post, which can be done by the site admins (not me), but then the first post is editable by anyone, not just the poster or a select group of people.

Also, I know I mentioned I would likely sticky your "deep dive" post, but since its a re direct to a video I am not going to be able to do that.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
The forum software doesnt really work that way. Once the edit period on a post passes, thats it, it cant be edited anymore unless one has mod rights. You are not going to be able to reserve the first post(s) in the thread for your content.

The only way to do that is to make the post a wiki post, which can be done by the site admins (not me), but then the first post is editable by anyone, not just the poster or a select group of people.

Also, I know I mentioned I would likely sticky your "deep dive" post, but since its a re direct to a video I am not going to be able to do that.
Thanks for the clarification. I had to make it a video because it is just too long if I write it in a post. I just want everyone to have the information. This should be the most efficient way to get that information to them.

Incredibly valuable as I sit on the LR/Perf fence (and coming from a 2018 P3 stealth).

60-90 is an eye-opener. Here in California, people sometimes make it difficult to merge in at freeway speeds from short on-ramps. Important to know that one can do what's necessary to slide up and in.

Efficiency with 18s was also a show-stopper. We do long road trips ... often across empty desert to snowy mountains ... so 20s would fail on efficiency, ride, and flat-resistance.

I think you've convinced me that the wheel-switch hassle would be worth it. And we've got @TSportline right around the corner.

Reactions: Hebber
New M3P feels like a much larger improvement than the 0-60 times alone would indicate. Anecdotally, from a quick test drive it feels substantially faster than a LR AWD acceleration boost through the full range of 0 - ~90 (allegedly, lol). My car really drops off after 60 or so.

New M3P feels like a much larger improvement than the 0-60 times alone would indicate. Anecdotally, from a quick test drive it feels substantially faster than a LR AWD acceleration boost through the full range of 0 - ~90 (allegedly, lol). My car really drops off after 60 or so.

Yeah...seems like it holds speeds much better to 130mph. I'll order it when/if some discounts are offered along with low financing rate. If nothing is offered by next summer, I may not be able to resist :D

• Funny
Reactions: gsmith123

(moderator note)

I have been thinking about this, trying to balance the TMC rule against redirecting to another site, to the spirit of what that rule is in place for. After consideration, I am going to sticky this thread, at least for now.

@mpgxsvcd, your post has me ready to pull the trigger on Performance over LR. Incredibly valuable!!

Based upon what you saw putting the TSportline 18s onto your car, do you think that 18-inch Photons or original aeros would also fit?

I'd love to swap my aeros on. Failing that, I've been PMing a member who wants to trade Photons for Warps for his Highland LR.