Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Insurance Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They managed to scoop mine. Cheapest on just about all comparison sites albeit some with a fair bit more commission than others. Paid £704 other than the £645 for the essential since this took a few privileges away such as European full coverage cover and driving other cars I believe.
One of the guys on an EV Whatsapp chat I am on has just received his Direct Line renewal quote. Was paying £1447. Renewal quote £3469. A 2.4x increase. Yowza!

• Informative
Reactions: Pagemakers
I was with direct line, paid £950 last year but have been quoted over £1,550 this year. Just got off the phone to them and they have no room to manoeuvre.

I’ve had a quote from admiral for £1,330 - does anyone know if this is negotiable?

Good job I’m saving a fortune on ‘fuel’ although my savings are swallowed up by insuring the bloody thing.

Admiral
I was with direct line, paid £950 last year but have been quoted over £1,550 this year. Just got off the phone to them and they have no room to manoeuvre.

I’ve had a quote from admiral for £1,330 - does anyone know if this is negotiable?

Good job I’m saving a fortune on ‘fuel’ although my savings are swallowed up by insuring the bloody thing.

Admiral usually only offer some discount for existing customers or when you take a multi car policy... even then its not a lot.

March 2023 renewal with Admiral was £505, I have since added Home insurance with them. I didn't even receive a March 2024 renewal so checked my online account and they were planning to take £895 on 3 March. In the time I was hanging on to speak to them I started a comparison quote. Eventually when I got through, he "found a discount" to £745 then reduced to £664 by withdrawing commuting which I no longer do.

Wasn't that happy with the price but then the comparison result came through, lowest quote £1,600. So renewed with Admiral. Seems that you shouldn't take their first price but not much else came up for me, although I could have tried other comparison sites plus those who only sell direct.

Renewal quote just dropped.

Churchill who were cheapest last year wanted £1850 to renew, basically an 80% increase, like similar stories Admiral were cheapest this time around, they actually were slightly cheaper than last years policy with Churchill so I’ll be with going with them for the year ahead.

Reactions: AnthonyLR