Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct. Actually, owners have only been able to pull off 0-60 times of 3.3 seconds vs the advertised 3.1 in the MS LR despite Tesla NOT subtracting the 1 ft rollout time in their ads like they do with the Plaid. So the new M3P will be noticeable faster from a dig.

Jason Camissa noted on his YouTube podcast that he got sub 3 second runs with a passenger onboard without rollover subtracted. That would indicate that the Tesla might be sandbagging the true performance.

There are plenty of 2021+ Model S LR cars with 3.2 and even one with a 3.1 true 0-60 mph time on Dragy.

Camissa said he had a passenger but he did not say if the times he gave were with rollout subtracted or not. That is still unknown. However, he cited a 3.2/3.3 0-60 mph time for the current Model 3 Performance which is the time without subtracting rollout. It is entirely feasible that he was giving times without rollout subtracted but he has not confirmed that yet.

Reactions: dsc888
than the new model 3 performance? We still don’t know the quarter mile yet
Just so you're aware, the long range model S traps 130mph in the 1/4. It would pull bus lengths on the "old" M3P from a 60mph roll race.... I HIGHLY doubt the new model 3 will have its top end improved THAT much. People focus on the plaid but forget how fast the standard long range S is - primarily because people focus on 0-60 and forget about the trap speed of a 1/4 mile.

Test drive in Australia.

Acceleration is BRUTAL – I nearly made myself sick. Definitely notably faster than the previous one off the line and definitely at the limits of traction on the slightly damp road this morning.
You test drove the new M3P?!?! Good lord, tell us more! How were the seats, ride compliance, etc. How was the acceleration from 40mph+.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
You test drove the new M3P?!?! Good lord, tell us more! How were the seats, ride compliance, etc. How was the acceleration from 40mph+.
Couldn't do much in fear of getting pulled over, but did an acceleration from around 50km/h to 110km/h. Didn't detect any drop off in acceleration up to that speed, the problem was it covers that gap in nothing, it felt instant probably due to the fact my insides moved from my front to back – it is mind blowingly fast. (I had a 2019 performance 3 and it was definitely noticeable faster both on 0-100 and the 50-110).

Suspension felt fine – definitely not as harsh as old model 3 performance. Didn't really have the opportunity to try out the different modes on the public roads but I reckon it would be awesome on a track day. The seats are brilliant, the bolster is crazy good, you don't have that lateral movement you had with the old M3P, the seats are a huge improvement.

Couldn't do much in fear of getting pulled over, but did an acceleration from around 50km/h to 110km/h. Didn't detect any drop off in acceleration up to that speed, the problem was it covers that gap in nothing, it felt instant probably due to the fact my insides moved from my front to back – it is mind blowingly fast. (I had a 2019 performance 3 and it was definitely noticeable faster both on 0-100 and the 50-110).

Suspension felt fine – definitely not as harsh as old model 3 performance. Didn't really have the opportunity to try out the different modes on the public roads but I reckon it would be awesome on a track day. The seats are brilliant, the bolster is crazy good, you don't have that lateral movement you had with the old M3P, the seats are a huge improvement.
Where in Aus Are ya ? Hoping my local ( Gold Coast ) has one to drive soon.

Thanks for the information. Was this in "Insane" Mode or Track Mode? Did you do anything special like heating the battery before you drove it?