TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2448cfc new font

Discussion in 'Model S' started by fasteddie7, Sep 6, 2017.

1. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

I just received the cfc update and noticed a slight change in the font. UI update imminent or just a random tweak? Screenshot_20170906-134631.png IMG_20170906_082617.jpg

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

So, it's really 2017.34, or 17.34. The hash code means little, and we have to keep looking it up to know what you mean. :) Let's use the numbers that are useful! 17.34 is the main release from week 34 of this year.

upload_2017-9-6_18-30-57.png

On the font, is that really different? Looks like what I remember, but I don't have a car nearby (yet...). :D

3. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I believe I only see the font difference in Night Mode, in day mode it seems the same. But in Night Mode the font is thinner yet brighter… crisper, I'd say.

4. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

The only real difference I can tell from the photos is that in one of them the "1" has serifs at the bottom of the vertical stroke and in the other, it doesn't. Look closely at the range next to the battery gauge. There's more to it than that? (I'm running two-month-old firmware...ancient! :D)

Bruce.

• Like x 1
  5. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

All of the numbers are thinner/sharper. Text on slacker and the time are different. Navigation looks to be the same.

• Like x 1
  6. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Ah, OK, thanks. I'm all for change that actually implements an improvement, as opposed to the User Interface Trend du Jour. :)

(As to which this represents, or what might be coming in some unspecified future update, I have no idea!)

Bruce.

• Like x 1
  7. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

I find the night mode font on the navigation is way, way better. It used to be basically unreadable to me. Now it's clear as a bell.

• Like x 1