Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the cfc update and noticed a slight change in the font. UI update imminent or just a random tweak? Screenshot_20170906-134631.png IMG_20170906_082617.jpg

So, it's really 2017.34, or 17.34. The hash code means little, and we have to keep looking it up to know what you mean. :) Let's use the numbers that are useful! 17.34 is the main release from week 34 of this year.

upload_2017-9-6_18-30-57.png

On the font, is that really different? Looks like what I remember, but I don't have a car nearby (yet...). :D

The only real difference I can tell from the photos is that in one of them the "1" has serifs at the bottom of the vertical stroke and in the other, it doesn't. Look closely at the range next to the battery gauge. There's more to it than that? (I'm running two-month-old firmware...ancient! :D)

Bruce.

Reactions: JohnnyG
The only real difference I can tell from the photos is that in one of them the "1" has serifs at the bottom of the vertical stroke and in the other, it doesn't. Look closely at the range next to the battery gauge. There's more to it than that? (I'm running two-month-old firmware...ancient! :D)

Bruce.
All of the numbers are thinner/sharper. Text on slacker and the time are different. Navigation looks to be the same.

Reactions: bmah
All of the numbers are thinner/sharper. Text on slacker and the time are different. Navigation looks to be the same.

Ah, OK, thanks. I'm all for change that actually implements an improvement, as opposed to the User Interface Trend du Jour. :)

(As to which this represents, or what might be coming in some unspecified future update, I have no idea!)

Bruce.

Reactions: fasteddie7
Only mounted it and the test drive was very short. I have found no output improvements in the auto-pilot. Clearly I've been on a secondary twisting path and it's hard to tell what "better" entails ... Still I almost took the mailbox of my neighbor down. Aah the font is also change as I like fancy fonts very much so I have noticed it. I'm happy that they keep putting out little updates sometimes. It improves a bit-and over the last few months it has changed significantly.

Only mounted it and the test drive was very short. I have found no output improvements in the auto-pilot. Clearly I've been on a secondary twisting path and it's hard to tell what "better" entails ... Still I almost took the mailbox of my neighbor down. Aah the font is also change as I like fancy fonts very much so I have noticed it. I'm happy that they keep putting out little updates sometimes. It improves a bit-and over the last few months it has changed significantly.

Did you really mean to reply to a thread that's discussing a minor user interface change from over two years ago? :)

Bruce.