Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 CA Rebate Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my $2,500 Clean Vehicle Rebate Experience

• Submitted my documents/application on July 23.
• Processing time on website says 65 days which will be on Sept. 26
• Application approved on Sept. 27 (Payment to be mailed within 90 days, will be notified via email)
• Email notification that check was mailed Oct. 3

I was approved back on 9/12, still no check mailed notification!

• Application approved on Sept. 27 (Payment to be mailed within 90 days, will be notified via email)

Are you sure the email notification was for the CVRP or the CFRP (Clean Fuel Rewards Program $450)? The timeline should put it closer to the CFRP check... When I was doing this for our Model X, it took 85 days of the "within 90 days" for them to mail out the check after approval for CVRP.

• Helpful
Reactions: follow.johnny

• Submitted my documents/application on July 23.
• Processing time on website says 65 days which will be on Sept. 26

Ugh, I submitted same day as you and I still have not been approved or anything, still on this status:

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 1.54.08 PM.png

That's a lot of upset for people who have a new Tesla. I haven't done anything with my life since I got the car but live, eat and sleep Tesla. When my check came in I was surprised it was there already. I am much more excited about getting new features in the car.

-Randy

@remlemasi @Need @Bradbomb I'm sorry guys, I did get the rebates mixed up :confused: it was for the (SCE Clean Fuel Rewards Program $450)

But my CVRP has been approved, just waiting for check to get sent out.

View attachment 340470

Yup, they will mail it out probably between 80 days to 90 days. I think you will get it just after X'mas. I am about 1 month behind you on my Model 3.... I won't see the check until next year I think.

I don't think the rebate is going away. I saw on the news somewhere that CA is trying to increase the rebate amount once the Federal Rebate begins the phase out process to help offset the loss.
It’s not going anywhere. But just have to wait for additional funding when it runs out. If people want their rebate sooner then don’t stall in applying.