Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 CA Rebate Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone getting the lower Income extra? If household income is less than 75-77k then you get $4500 Instead of $2500. Does that change application time?
I highly doubt that anyone buying a Model 3 would fall into the 300% category. If they do, then they need to get their priorities straight. Granted, a family of 4 with two kids and a stay at home parent could sneak into this range but again, priorities...

I highly doubt that anyone buying a Model 3 would fall into the 300% category. If they do, then they need to get their priorities straight. Granted, a family of 4 with two kids and a stay at home parent could sneak into this range but again, priorities...
Thanks for the input, everyone has different priorities, is my response to that.

I fall into that category. Some others probably do who have went through this

Reactions: paladinfello
Thanks for the input, everyone has different priorities, is my response to that.

I fall into that category. Some others probably do who have went through this
Sorry, didn't mean to put you or anyone else down. Was just making a general statement based on spending a years salary on a vehicle at one time (not accounting for the fact of taking a loan out, saving over several years, etc.) Living in the Bay Area on 70k at times seems like it should be the poverty level, not 3x it.

Reactions: Scrutmonkey
I don't remember the days mine took, however, two things to note: 1) the actual processing time was very close to the time it said it would take on the website; and 2) the State was very good with communication on notifying the rebate was approved and that the check was being mailed (with a picture of what the envelope looks like). I was impressed with the level of communication from a Government agency.

Reactions: ericbs
Some retired folks will fall into this category. If you have no debt and significant assets, particularly if many of those assets are tax sheltered, then you don't actually need a high taxable income to live comfortably. I doubt that the larger rebate was truly intended for such folks, but if you fit in this category, you might as well take the $4500. On the other hand, you might not be able to claim the entire $7500 federal tax credit.

Some retired folks will fall into this category. If you have no debt and significant assets, particularly if many of those assets are tax sheltered, then you don't actually need a high taxable income to live comfortably. I doubt that the larger rebate was truly intended for such folks, but if you fit in this category, you might as well take the $4500. On the other hand, you might not be able to claim the entire $7500 federal tax credit.
Very good point. My peabrain finds it hard to wrap around the notion of living on 36-49k upon retirement but I chalk that up to living here in the Bay Area ($117k is considered "low-income"). You figure once you own your home you just need to worry about property taxes and daily expenses.

Submitted 7/10, still waiting for approval. It's now 15 days past the initial estimate of 45 days when I submitted. Should be any day now...

As expected (based on @9erDog 7/4 > 9/5), my response came back yesterday (7/10 > 9/11). However, they had an issue with my Driver License scan, so I resubmitted within an hour of receiving the notification. Was worried it would take another 60 days, but it was just approved this morning. Looking at 1-day turn-around for resubmittals.

Reactions: 9erDog