Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3-month FSD 'free' on new HW4 cars is useless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello- Purchased a new Model S at the end of June which came with 3 months FSD trial that expires 16 September 2023. However I did not receive the software for FSD until Sept 1, so basically instead of 3 months, I get 2 weeks. I contacted Tesla service using the mobile app and they were not able to adjust the trial period. Does anyone have the contact that I should reach out to for extending this capability? I haven't read all the posts here, but maybe its been answered? If not, suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Reactions: whsbuss
How does Tesla do their version numbering. I'm guessing v11.1 2023.26.100 is an advanced version and v11.1 2023.26.11 is the standard release version. You might have picked up the advanced version first before they enabled HW4 FSD on August 30th. They enabled it on the standard version but your car won't go backwards to the *.11 version. You might have to wait for v11.2 for it to be enabled on your car.

HW4 FSD is working on v11.1 2023.26.11

Reactions: whsbuss
How does Tesla do their version numbering. I'm guessing v11.1 2023.26.100 is an advanced version and v11.1 2023.26.11 is the standard release version. You might have picked up the advanced version first before they enabled HW4 FSD on August 30th. They enabled it on the standard version but your car won't go backwards to the *.11 version. You might have to wait for v11.2 for it to be enabled on your car.

HW4 FSD is working on v11.1 2023.26.11
So typical... so I may never get to use the 3-month trial of FSD

Agreed. There's no way the current state of software is capable of parking the car using vision. I think we need another 12-18 months of training data to get it ready.
It’s just confusing because on the website when I bought my model x a few weeks ago those features are no longer listed as coming soon or temp unavailable like they had been. Wondering if the newest software update fixed it. Am I mistaken?

Attachments

• IMG_7926.jpeg
    IMG_7926.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 38
It’s just confusing because on the website when I bought my model x a few weeks ago those features are no longer listed as coming soon or temp unavailable like they had been. Wondering if the newest software update fixed it. Am I mistaken?
I messaged the service center and they said the following -

Summon is a beta version. As we transition through tesla vision over time summon will be available in future updates but no established estimate time has been announced yet.