Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3-month FSD 'free' on new HW4 cars is useless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this message on my Tesla app. Getting to try out for a full three months anyway! :)

IMG_5774.PNG

Same here. Picked up '23 MYLR on 30-Aug via referral and have 90d of "fsd".
Since I didn't purchase FSD, or even subscribe, assuming that there are some HW4 cars getting some ver of FSD beta, would I qualify for that?
Also, since I am driving a Y would that preclude me from getting the HW4 beta that's sort of going around? I mean, is it just for HW4 S and X at this time?

Finally, does anyone have a grasp as to how the general car fw is designated and delivered? My Y has v2023.20.200. But I know there are other secondary versions in active release (26, 32, etc.) Do the different models get different trains of fw?

I just got that message as well, but I've only had FSD for 5 days before that. but i am glad they made good with their offer i been using since mid July
It sounds like you had FSD since mid-July, and now you have FSD Beta. (Two different things.)

I think it is good that they restarted all of the FSD trials so people can get a full 3 months of FSD Beta and not just plain FSD.

Ahh yes this is true. I am happy not complaining. I have used it to drive my son to school which goes through like 4 traffic circles..... it performed well in all but the same traffic circle each time. Otherwise, it's worked really well, even in merging/traffic situations. The problem I've found. I'd rather still do it myself., i feel like i make faster decisions on getting where i need to go fastest. But, if i was lazy or just wanna test it out, it works as intended except that traffic circle. Oh and one time.. turning left at a light, it got into the right lane then figured out it was in the wrong lane, by that time, noway to get back over as the lane was backed up

Same here. Picked up '23 MYLR on 30-Aug via referral and have 90d of "fsd".
Since I didn't purchase FSD, or even subscribe, assuming that there are some HW4 cars getting some ver of FSD beta, would I qualify for that?
Also, since I am driving a Y would that preclude me from getting the HW4 beta that's sort of going around? I mean, is it just for HW4 S and X at this time?

Finally, does anyone have a grasp as to how the general car fw is designated and delivered? My Y has v2023.20.200. But I know there are other secondary versions in active release (26, 32, etc.) Do the different models get different trains of fw?
And now I have 2023.26.9. Weird.
The release notes was a single sentence of no value. Well, time to figure out what’s what.

Picked mine up July 28th. Still listed as expiring Oct 27th.
Sat night downloaded update.

It is interesting to say the least. But so far from true FSD. In 1 day and 8 miles, I had to disengage too many times to count. Only once did it ask me to record a reason (or maybe I just noticed it once). I think it probably depends on how you disengage. Most of the time I did by forcing the steering wheel.

Just got this message on my Tesla app. Getting to try out for a full three months anyway! :)

View attachment 970199
Lucky you! I bought my Y on the last day in June just before the “one-time FSD transfer” started. I got 3500 Tesla credits for loyalty, but the app requires 10,000 credits for the three month FSD trial.

I’m going to redeem my credits for 500 Supercharger miles plus four cybertruck raffle tickets.

Reactions: Jaymc5
I picked up my new model Y 5 days ago and since I used my friend’s referral code I am supposed to get 3 months FSD. However under Autopilot it says FSD will be available on the next software update. So I guess I will lose my full 3 months trial?

I picked up my new model Y 5 days ago and since I used my friend’s referral code I am supposed to get 3 months FSD. However under Autopilot it says FSD will be available on the next software update. So I guess I will lose my full 3 months trial?

No, you just need to connect your car to wifi and update the software. It took about 40 minutes for my car. Then FSD should show up under autopilot.