Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$35,000 Base Tesla Model 3 Predicted To Arrive Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
When will the sought-after $35,000 Tesla Model 3 actually come to market? Sadly, there’s no way to really know. But, notoriously Tesla-negative outfit Seeking Alpha seems to think the highly anticipated base Tesla Model 3 might be available in the upcoming months. While some people, in addition to Seeking Alpha have asserted that it may never...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/02/27/35000-tesla-model-3-predicted-soon/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Elon, seems to me, always admits his mistakes.
- Roadster mistake thinking a Lotus Elise glider would save money [ <7% lotus parts].
- Two speed gearbox and after 3 transmission companies failed, they went 1 speed.
- He defended Eberhart longer than he should have as Elon didn't want to do anything but SpaceX.
- SpaceX planned to launch 3 rockets and at least one would work - wrong all blew up and Elon scrambled to try 4th time.
- Model S seats from supplier had to change to "make" Tesla own seats (who else does that?)
- Model X was late as it was too complex and feature creep kept up delays.
- Model 3 ramp up tried to be too automated fell back to tried & proven "human robots" on the factory floor.
These are just the "mistakes" that I remember Elon pointing out.

(Elon has had 3 failed marriages and you can see this disappoints him tremendously.)

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger
they aren't sold out here in US.

True. But if the combined global demand is enough for all the production capacity they have today and for the next several months, then why announce the date for $35k car now? That will Osborne the current high margin trims.

So if they announce one today or next month, that only means they have a production capacity more than the current global demand for LR and MR.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Brando and vickh
True. But if the combined global demand is enough for all the production capacity they have today and for the next several months, then why announce the date for $35k car now? That will Osborne the current high margin trims.

So if they announce one today or next month, that only means they have a production capacity more than the current global demand for LR and MR.

unless they're getting a new price sensitive segment of the market ( e.g who wants an EV but not the luxury upgrades )

click bait? I was thrilled to see pop up b/c I thought that was today's big announcement. Q is will it be before 6/30 to get it down to $32K It would make my decision b/t a CPO MS and SR M3 easy..
Are you one of the people still holding on to your reservation from almost 3 years ago? I am guessing SR deliveries will start after Q2, with Q3 and Q4 deliveries going to the reservation holders. Even that might not be enough to get all the reservation holders the tax credit.