Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

351 Mile Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow dude, read what I wrote again. I literally mentioned twice about “in writing.” I won’t take delivery of the car unless I get in writing that I’m getting the 351 mile range. I know not to take anyone’s word for much these days, especially a car salesman.

The point is "in writing" does not matter if it comes from anyone other than Elon.

Given that I suspect when the update for longer range comes out you will get it since you are definitely in cars built in the last few months that Elon stated.

Keep in mind that technically this is a model change and they had to do that in order to show the new EPA range. The monroney sticker will state Long Range Plus. My guess is that if I choose to sell a MX 3 years from now, there will be a premium paid for a Long Range Plus over a Long Range. This may very well be only a software change, but the documentation that is tied to the VIN will be meaningful down the road.

Reactions: shenger
The point is "in writing" does not matter if it comes from anyone other than Elon.

Given that I suspect when the update for longer range comes out you will get it since you are definitely in cars built in the last few months that Elon stated.
Well, I would think that a Tesla employee's written assurance would stand up in arbitration if my car ends up not ever getting the Long Range Plus status and the 351 mile range. Sorry if my reply came across a bit harsh.

Well, I would think that a Tesla employee's written assurance would stand up in arbitration if my car ends up not ever getting the Long Range Plus status and the 351 mile range. Sorry if my reply came across a bit harsh.

I'm quite sure Tesla's corporate training strongly prohibits anything in writing from the 22yo roaming around the dealership ... but no, it wouldn't stand up, because guaranteed that your purchase agreement strictly prohibits addendum in such a manner ... better off with a Tweet from Elon than a piece of paper from a kid who no longer works there ...

Keep in mind that technically this is a model change and they had to do that in order to show the new EPA range. The monroney sticker will state Long Range Plus. My guess is that if I choose to sell a MX 3 years from now, there will be a premium paid for a Long Range Plus over a Long Range. This may very well be only a software change, but the documentation that is tied to the VIN will be meaningful down the road.

When the Ravens came out did they do an official name change?

When the Ravens came out did they do an official name change?
They changed the name before the Raven changes actually were released. We ordered a Model X Long Range early in 2019 and took delivery of one of the first AP3 cars in April. The website and paperwork all mentioned "Long Range" but the car and badging were 100D even though the car was built after the Long Range name was listed on the website. A couple weeks later, the Raven changes (suspension and increased range) were released.

Wow dude, read what I wrote again. I literally mentioned twice about “in writing.” I won’t take delivery of the car unless I get in writing that I’m getting the 351 mile range. I know not to take anyone’s word for much these days, especially a car salesman.

No, you didn't say you were going to get it in writing. In fact you said you didn't have it in writing, I guess I could read that as you plan to.
You did say you were gonna get an email follow up, but that is about as worthless as his word, and unless it's signed, it's not "in writing".

If it's not on the Monroney sticker or in the computer you have little "proof". And even then it could disappear.

I've been burned and I've seen others burned with the same type of story.

The way it works is they will tell you anything, write anything and if it's wrong they will let you fight it and hope you give up.

Like I said, you'll probably be fine.

Note: I got 4 Likes on my post. People know. Don't get me wrong I love my X, and overall I like the company and service too. But you need to be careful with any kind of "Promise" (in writing or by a hand shake).

No, you didn't say you were going to get it in writing. In fact you said you didn't have it in writing, I guess I could read that as you plan to.
You did say you were gonna get an email follow up, but that is about as worthless as his word, and unless it's signed, it's not "in writing".

If it's not on the Monroney sticker or in the computer you have little "proof". And even then it could disappear.

I've been burned and I've seen others burned with the same type of story.

The way it works is they will tell you anything, write anything and if it's wrong they will let you fight it and hope you give up.

Like I said, you'll probably be fine.

Note: I got 4 Likes on my post. People know. Don't get me wrong I love my X, and overall I like the company and service too. But you need to be careful with any kind of "Promise" (in writing or by a hand shake).
Good advice. If you were in my shoes would you refuse delivery if you don’t have it listed on the Monroney sticker?

Good advice. If you were in my shoes would you refuse delivery if you don’t have it listed on the Monroney sticker?

I really really wanted HW3 and had no proof I would get it but based on what folks were saying I should and did. But some people didn’t, mostly base Model 3 SR out of USA.

If I were buying today, I’d really want that too. You really should get it. And I would get what you can in writing, just be prepared if something does go wrong the “paper” (or e-mail) might not be as enforceable as you might think.

I’m hoping I get the 351 miles on my 4 month old X. But I can’t get to upset if I don’t. And if I knew I had to wait a month I would have.

It was kind of odd all inventory cars had long range plus for a day and now it’s gone. What does that mean?

I’d say 99% sure you get it. Me probably a 20% chance.

I would not. This is not the first time Tesla has modified range and performance for a car after it shipped. It is the beauty of having major system in their cars software controlled and OTA updatable.

Tesla plans to increase vehicle power, range, and charging through new software update - Electrek

All of those updated 3's were sold with Monroney's that were obsoleted by the updated.

Today is the seventh day and I have been going back-and-forth about this decision. I finally received an email from the service center confirming that my car would be eligible for over the air update of the extended range. It would’ve been a hard decision to return the car considering the hassle of waiting for another six weeks and being without one.

I know the email is no guarantee but it’s better than nothing.

Reactions: wreighven
Today is the seventh day and I have been going back-and-forth about this decision. I finally received an email from the service center confirming that my car would be eligible for over the air update of the extended range. It would’ve been a hard decision to return the car considering the hassle of waiting for another six weeks and being without one.

I know the email is no guarantee but it’s better than nothing.
Do you know the model number of your battery? If you look behind the front passenger wheel, you should be able to take a picture of it.

Do you know the model number of your battery? If you look behind the front passenger wheel, you should be able to take a picture of it.

was unable to upload picture earlier... here you go!

Attachments

• E7F39836-F83D-4F1E-B35F-8B9202378F1B.jpeg
    E7F39836-F83D-4F1E-B35F-8B9202378F1B.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 220
@mswlogo for what it's worth both my Sales Advisor and my Delivery Advisor gave me in writing assurance that my vehicle will indeed get the firmware / software update to unlock the 351 miles of range. Appreciate your perspective though. And sorry for being an ass in my original reply; I projected a bit when I read your note.