Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

351 Mile Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was unable to upload picture earlier... here you go!
Interesting, my 12/2019 build battery has the same part number but labeled differently. They no longer indicate 100kwh on yours.

Attachments

• D272CED2-D787-4517-97ED-DFD248A7FE88.jpeg
    D272CED2-D787-4517-97ED-DFD248A7FE88.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 209
@mswlogo for what it's worth both my Sales Advisor and my Delivery Advisor gave me in writing assurance that my vehicle will indeed get the firmware / software update to unlock the 351 miles of range. Appreciate your perspective though. And sorry for being an ass in my original reply; I projected a bit when I read your note.
Did they give any indication as to what cars are available for this update? i.e all the cars produced since ??? will get this or all 2020 models?

Hey guys! Stealth Model 3 owner here look for advice.
My parents got the Tesla bug and ordered a Model X on 2/3/20. They are scheduled to pick up on Saturday and are obviously wanting assurance that their X will have 351 mile range. Their delivery advisor has been less than helpful. On a call today, they mentioned they could bring the X back to get the update to 351 in a few weeks, but that doesn’t sound right at all given I’ve had range extensions via OTA updates at home. They’re confused and not sure what to do.
Any insight or wisdom here?

Hey guys! Stealth Model 3 owner here look for advice.
My parents got the Tesla bug and ordered a Model X on 2/3/20. They are scheduled to pick up on Saturday and are obviously wanting assurance that their X will have 351 mile range. Their delivery advisor has been less than helpful. On a call today, they mentioned they could bring the X back to get the update to 351 in a few weeks, but that doesn’t sound right at all given I’ve had range extensions via OTA updates at home. They’re confused and not sure what to do.
Any insight or wisdom here?
Looks like they’re going to get an inventory car. I would tell them to cancel delivery on this one and request a new fresh one from the factory. Tesla will be more than happy to oblige.

Assuming they can wait, of course!

Elon's statement was that even S/X made months ago were capable of this extended range. New cars being delivered will get it, and earlier cars will have it enabled via OTA firmware updates.

Nothing specific as to precisely how long ago would be "months".

More details to come (hopefully).

Tesla has done this before. They uncorked my 2017 75X a few years ago to give additional performance, and other cars have gotten OTA update for additional power and range.

Sometimes it comes down the the individual configuration and serial #.

Earlier the Raven models began arriving with little fanfare and came with unexpected additional range, suspensions, charging speeds etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I think if you or your parents check the battery part number at pickup, that would confirm it's a 351 mile car. There is a picture a few posts back. Look for the -F in the part number.

It is not clear when the software update will be available, but it should come via wifi at home.

was unable to upload picture earlier... here you go!

Interesting, my 12/2019 build battery has the same part number but labeled differently. They no longer indicate 100kwh on yours.
Thanks for the pics. I didn't know if the Raven battery still indicated the 100kWh. Now we can see that something has changed recently (hopefully more than just the label).

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread. Amazing how quickly this group worked together to answer each other’s questions.

Proud future owner here— feeling lucky to benefit from the collective wisdom of this great community. ❤️

It says :

ASY, HVBATT, S7, 400VDC
(P) 1086755-00-F

can someone please help decode it :D

it is a new version of raven battery pack. it was (P) 1086755-00-E.

so, tesla may update some change on the battery pack

I also have an X with a 12/2019 build and my label does not indicate 100kwh.
View attachment 513338

Just chiming in to say that I have an X with a 02/2020 build date (took delivery 2/15) that does not show the kWh number. (It looks like @Venkatsg's and @msm859's labels.)

Elon's statement was that even S/X made months ago were capable of this extended range.

No he didn't. He said that all of the ones made recently are capable of more range than they are currently showing but most would be somewhere between the 2020 LR rating and the 2020 LR+ rating. (Depending on how many of the small hardware changes they got.)

• Helpful
Reactions: Jwalker9 and Hebert
For me, It SEEMS LIKE there’s something different than just software between a 2020 Long Range and new Long Range Plus.
Not sure if anyone else saw that after the Plus announcement, the X inventory cars changes to Plus in description, then were changed back to just Long Range a few days later. Wish there was a little more transparency on the differences to better make a decision on passing up an available custom order 2/3/20 long range x order for a post 2/14/20 long range plus car and waiting another month...the possibility of a 110 sized battery sounding more convincing.