Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3G Composites NOT any better than CarbonOne/John Perez

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Oct., Alan Eosso, who claimed that he, like some of us at TMC, had paid CarbonOne/John Perez for parts he didn't receive, decided to go into business with John as his partner. He posted an introduction and explanation here: If-you-ve-had-dealings-with-Carbon-One-please-read

In it Mr Eosso said:
I think I can get this all cleaned up in a relatively short period of time and make sure you all get that for which you've paid.

A reliable source told me that Mr Eosso told them he expected to have the entire backlog cleaned up within 45 days.

It's now been 10 months and many Tesla owners still don't have parts they paid for. As we know, Mr. Perez repeatedly lied to us about the status of our orders. I was lucky enough to have gotten warning from others in time to reverse the charges to CarbonOne, which consequently caused John Perez to make my order first, under the assumption that I would pay him when I received the parts. This was not fair to the people who had ordered before me and were beyond the charge reversal timeframe. Unfortunately, there were quality issues with one of the door sills, so I paid for one good sill as well as another $50. He told me I'd get the replacement sill within 2 weeks.

Well, of course that never happened. I should have not sent any money until I had received a good pair.

Months later Alan Eosso comes along and decides to "form a partnership with John Perez." Naturally, that raised more than a few eyebrows, but some here were optimistic.

In less than 2 months, though, Eosso changed his tune. Instead of cleaning up John's mess "in a relatively short period of time" he said:
I can clean it up slowly and methodically, but I simply can't afford to front the entirety of his back log without selling more product.
See Post95790. He was selling parts to other car groups. That created additional angst here, but Eosso deflected it saying that he was not selling to Lotus nor Tesla groups, but that he needed to sell to other groups to keep going. He might as well have been telling us what the definition of 'is' is.

It now appears to me that Perez's practices have rubbed off on Eosso. On Feb. 10, he wrote back to a query from me on my replacement sill: "The first shipment will go out next Friday to user Jaff." Then in March, over a month later, Benji4 posted : " The first set of sills will ship to Jaff within the next few days, and the plan from here out is to take care of one set every 2 weeks until the list is taken care of."

Well, that didn't happen. When I asked in May about the status of my sill, Mr. Eosso said: "We recently shipped the first set to Jaff." This is almost 3 months after the "next friday" promise.

I recently impatiently contacted Mr. Eosso about the status of my replacement sill, and he basically told me I would never receive it, because I "lack courtesy."

35m2rz.jpg

Right. Is/can anyone pursuing legal action?

though i have no "dog in this race" i would chip in $100 to help sue this vendor on behalf of TMC folks with long-unfulfilled orders. while it would be best if the vendor made good on their commitments (or returned monies), it would be a consolation prize to punatively drive them out of business. if enough of us were willing to contribute to pursue the matter in court, it seems like at least one of those outcomes might be instantiated.

though i have no "dog in this race" i would chip in $100 to help sue this vendor on behalf of TMC folks with long-unfulfilled orders. while it would be best if the vendor made good on their commitments (or returned monies), it would be a consolation prize to punatively drive them out of business. if enough of us were willing to contribute to pursue the matter in court, it seems like at least one of those outcomes might be instantiated.

It slips my mind now, but I recently came across a site that made small claims quite easy and inexpensive.

Right. Is/can anyone pursuing legal action?
There's very little chance of getting anything (read the whole CarbonOne thread for details and posting by real attorneys - I will recall the following from memory).

We paid John Perez/CarbonOne for parts. John ran out of money, moved to Florida, and began working for Alan. Alan knew of John's past and told us here that he would make good on John's prior commitments. IANAL but as I understand it, legally Alan didn't have to do that nor can we hold Alan legally liable for John's commitments prior to working for Alan. So one could sue John personally but my assumption is he doesn't have a "pot to pi$$ in" as they say so you would quickly spend more in legal fees than you could possibly recover.

- - - Updated - - -

It slips my mind now, but I recently came across a site that made small claims quite easy and inexpensive.
Sure, but when you win in small claims it's up to YOU to recover the money. If John Perez doesn't have any money (or you can't find it) then you have a worthless judgement.

As I made very clear when doug went on his little theater a few months ago: I don't care what any of you people who are not owed product think.

As smorgasbord said in his first post: I CLEARLY said it wouldn't happen over night, but it would happen.

Adding insult to injury, smorgasbord CONVENIENTLY left out of this thread the fact that he received his parts from John but never paid for them in full. He HAS his parts but did a charge back, keeping both the parts and the money.

He's upset because I wont allow him to jump ahead of the line of people who are more serving and have actually experienced a loss.

So he is now throwing a tantrum like a petulant child.

Several days ago he sent me an incredibly nasty email asking for an update as if he had any loss greater than that of a failed Warranty claim. Based on his tone and level of aggression, I flatly told him he's out of luck.

I'm restating that again, right here and right now: smorgasbord, the man who RECEIVED sills but did not pay for them, will NEVER see anything other than what he has in his car right this second from me or from John Perez.

I will personally make it my life's mission to see it never happenes.

Additionally, I have answered every email and every phone call regarding the back log. I now realize I took on a much greater burden than I'd initially anticipated, and that's now my cross to bear.

What I won't stand by and watch is some ass clown who has no right.to be spitting this nonsense and vitriol suggest I have been anything but the absolute champion of those who have been done wrong.

For the hope that the people done wrong are able to hold: I have provided that.

For those who have actually received product: I have provided that.

What have any of you peopledone for neither than spit kn my face?

This is my last post on this forum. If anyone who is OWED a product has a question, please contact me through John Benjamin.

Otherwise, please feel free to high five each other about how you drove away the one guy in the universe who had your back.

I wish you well,

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
As I made very clear when doug went on his little theater a few months ago: I don't care what any of you people who are not owed product think.
???
My little theater?

The only theater I see is Alan lashing out and insulting forum members for asking what reasonable people would consider prudent questions. That's been his behavior from the start and that is not acceptable on this forum.

What a sad ending. It was very easy to see coming, as an honest business man does not partner with known scammers.

Exactly. Called this ages ago, and it was beyond evident once he started pulling the whole "I don't need this, I'm going home" crap. Sad thing is, more people will fall in line to do business with these... Gentlemen.

I came very close to ordering door sills from John before he joined this guy but glad I saw these warnings and got them from Tesla instead. I really hope you guys somehow at least get the product or your money back since I'm sure it's frustrating.

A valuable lesson is that anytime you order something from a non-major retailer (not Amazon.com, BestBuy.com....etc) and you haven't received it within your credit card's dispute window (must use a credit card of course for this) then you have to dispute the charge before time expires or you're out of luck.

OK, let's get the facts straight here.

Adding insult to injury, smorgasbord CONVENIENTLY left out of this thread the fact that he received his parts from John but never paid for them in full. He HAS his parts but did a charge back, keeping both the parts and the money.

That's a lie. What Alan CONVENIENTLY left out is that I received a defective sill. After sending John a photo and talking with him about it, John immediately accepted my offer to pay for the one good sill plus some additional (and sans promised discounts and promised free shipping), with his promise that he'd ship me a replacement for the defective one within 2 weeks. Needless to say, I never got the promised replacement sill. Would you be happy paying $45 for an $80 pair of shoes when one shoe has a tear in the front leather? If you would be, let me know - I have some CF door sills to sell you.

He's upset because I wont allow him to jump ahead of the line of people who are more serving and have actually experienced a loss.

Ironically, it was John who decided on his own to send me parts ahead of people who had earlier paid in full, even though the chargeback was done. I believe John did this because of the chargeback. He knew that I'd pay him for parts received, and he needed the money. Sending parts to people who had already paid wouldn't help his financial situation. Pretty savvy on John's part. BTW, I never asked Alan to fix my problem ahead of other people's. Never.

Based on his tone and level of aggression, I flatly told him he's out of luck. .... I will personally make it my life's mission to see it never happenes.

And the CF nazi says: "No Carbon Fiber for you!!!" It'd be funny if money wasn't involved. OK, I better restate that - It'd be funnier if money wasn't involved.

What I won't stand by and watch is some ass clown...

It's pretty clear to everyone who's "spitting nonsense and vitriol."

Several days ago he sent me an incredibly nasty email asking for an update ...

The entire subject of the email was: "Am I ever going to get a replacement door sill?" and the entire content of the email was: "It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

I now realize I took on a much greater burden than I'd initially anticipated, and that's now my cross to bear.

Alan can try to play the victim, but that fails pathetically. We told Alan what he was getting himself into.

For the hope that the people done wrong are able to hold: I have provided that.

My take is that Alan has held John's victims hostage - making their unfortunate situation even worse, not only with promises to us he hasn't kept, but with his demands that us victims not speak up if we wanted CF. Obviously, I'm not kowtowing to that anymore. No soup for me!