Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Crystalline vs PINNACLE vs Suntek CIR vs LLumar CTX vs Wincos Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up getting SunTek CIR because the installer, who is also doing my PPF, comes highly recommended. If I had more options locally I would have liked to do Xpel XR Plus because, from what I’ve seen, the numbers look impressive. Unfortunately the only shop in the area that carries the Xpel film insisted on doing the rear in 2 peices, but, for a huge upchage, would be willing to do the rear in 1 piece but they couldn’t guarantee the work would “meet their normal quality standard” - sounds like an excuse for a sloppy job, no thanks.

I wish someone would do a comprehensive comparison of tint performance.
Generally, speaking, most 20% tints (including non-ceramic) are going to do fairly well at heat rejection. The differences are more apparent at 40%, 50%, and 70%.

They do, but even low shade photosync tints beats 5% limo tint in heat rejection. I dont really care about privacy, i care about heat.

I ended up getting SunTek CIR because the installer, who is also doing my PPF, comes highly recommended. If I had more options locally I would have liked to do Xpel XR Plus because, from what I’ve seen, the numbers look impressive. Unfortunately the only shop in the area that carries the Xpel film insisted on doing the rear in 2 peices, but, for a huge upchage, would be willing to do the rear in 1 piece but they couldn’t guarantee the work would “meet their normal quality standard” - sounds like an excuse for a sloppy job, no thanks.
How much was the cost? I am thinking of doing Suntek CIR 40 for the windows and rear roof, and 80 for the windshield and the moon roof.

Ok....you have truly confused me about tint specifications. I new to the Tesla world, we just picked up our Model 3 a few days ago.

How much did you (anyone in this thread) pay for window tint and who did you use? I'm leaning toward Rodz because they have done a lot of Model 3s which is a challenging car to tint.

According to JLenin in San Jose (they do a lot of Model 3s) cost $800 for Rayno S9 for all the glass in the vehicle.

I just want to get a baseline of what it will cost to get ceramic tint.

Ok....you have truly confused me about tint specifications. I new to the Tesla world, we just picked up our Model 3 a few days ago.

How much did you (anyone in this thread) pay for window tint and who did you use? I'm leaning toward Rodz because they have done a lot of Model 3s which is a challenging car to tint.

According to JLenin in San Jose (they do a lot of Model 3s) cost $800 for Rayno S9 for all the glass in the vehicle.

I just want to get a baseline of what it will cost to get ceramic tint.

Llumar pinnacle 30 for the door windows and the rear window in one piece for $605 with the high sales tax here in western Washington

I got Xpel Prime XR Plus (45 on sides and back (one piece), and 80 on windshield) at Sunstoppers in Charlotte. Subjectively not quite as much heat blocking as Photosync (which I had on my prior P85+), but pretty darn close. TSER for the Xpel 45 is 58% compared to 71% for the Photosync 45, but the difference feels minimal. I like the look of the Xpel better - it is more of a pure charcoal grey, whereas the Photosync had a tinge of khaki/brown. $850 for everything (they charged $100 extra for the Model 3 back window because it’s ‘challenging’).

If anyone in CO is looking for tint I would recommend Auto Image 360 in Parker. They did a great job putting Suntek ceramic on my Model 3 and did the back window in one piece. I got a discount for doing both PPF and window tint that brought the tint job to within striking distance of what it would cost to have cheaper tint installed. Then on top of all of that I got another 8% off for paying cash.

Car looks great too, which is one of the more important things.

Reactions: whatthe2