Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party Charging Port Cover Remote Control reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Product link: https://amzn.eu/d/5yChow4

I saw this product online (available on Amazon and eBay). It’s basically used to open the charging flap and used on a non-Tesla charging cable to open the flap. Has anybody used this or a very similar device ?

I also wanted to check - does this remote unlock/release the cable when it’s charging ?

Attachments

• 2046508E-7C45-4D08-B310-E901927C9E25.jpeg
    2046508E-7C45-4D08-B310-E901927C9E25.jpeg
    832.3 KB · Views: 212
Product link: KOBONA Charging Port Cover Remote Control New Energy Car Charging Door Open Button Direct Use Remote Control Chip for Tesla Model Y 3 S X: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I saw this product online (available on Amazon and eBay). It’s basically used to open the charging flap and used on a non-Tesla charging cable to open the flap. Has anybody used this or a very similar device ?

I also wanted to check - does this remote unlock/release the cable when it’s charging ?
Yes I have a couple of these. Work as intended, I don't have to unlock the car first to be able to pop the charging port. That was my requirement.
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't release the cable lock but maybe I've not tried repeatedly enough. It shouldn't though, not if the car is locked otherwise your have people going around unplugging cars for laughs.

Upvote 0
Why would you want to use it? Just push on the flap to open it
Firstly the car will have to be unlocked for this and more importantly like I mentioned it’s for when you want to release the cable after charging. Usually you have to do this from the inside or use your app which is inconvenient
Yes I have a couple of these. Work as intended, I don't have to unlock the car first to be able to pop the charging port. That was my requirement.
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't release the cable lock but maybe I've not tried repeatedly enough. It shouldn't though, not if the car is locked otherwise your have people going around unplugging cars for laughs.
I thought you would pair your with the 3rd party button which is the point. Preventing others from doing the same.

I mainly wanted for the releasing of the cable because it’s inconvenient to fiddle with the app or the car to do that.

Wish it unlocked the port when the car is unlocked

Upvote 0