Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40.2.1 rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloading now. I find that for blank release notes you have to wait for a bit. They seem to be silently downloading from the Tesla website and they didn’t have any visual indication of that. I’ve had to wait up to the next drive to see the release notes but YMMV

I just read the release notes. They say
  1. Stop Sign Execution

Tesla's equipped with the HW3 are now able to recognize stop signs, and steer into them in order to flatten them against the terrain. This solution makes it possible for the HW2 Tesla's to not have to deal with the problem, since their puny hardware is too unsophisticated to do anything with stop signs.

And they lived happily ever after. The End.

But seriously, why doesn't Tesla give an up-front explanation of the new SW release? It seems a little 'autocratic' for them to expect people to take on the new SW, without question.

Mine is MS 100D AP2/MCU1..

No. No Stop light recognition or stop sign still for HW2.0 vehicles. Again no benefit for HW3 vehicles so I could care less at this point.
20191210_190308.jpg
20191210_190255.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I just read the release notes. They say
  1. Stop Sign Execution
Tesla's equipped with the HW3 are now able to recognize stop signs, and steer into them in order to flatten them against the terrain. This solution makes it possible for the HW2 Tesla's to not have to deal with the problem, since their puny hardware is too unsophisticated to do anything with stop signs.

And they lived happily ever after. The End.

But seriously, why doesn't Tesla give an up-front explanation of the new SW release? It seems a little 'autocratic' for them to expect people to take on the new SW, without question.

Can we please get a traffic light execution feature next? There are about a hundred too many of those things where I live, and most of them would be better as stop signs. :D

It took the car forever to download - most likely because the WiFi signal at work is pretty weak. It took 2.5 hours to download 60%. It finished the rest at home a lot faster. I am curious if anyone knows the actual size of a download? 500mb, 1gb?

I really like the improvements with the lane change. Changes I initiate happen almost immediately with a faster, but still well-controlled move. The NOA changes without confirmation still allow enough time to cancel the change, but also happen a bit faster.

Stop sign recognition is a good start I hope towards auto navigating them, but what I would like to see is the ability to handle roundabouts better. I am seeing in N. Illinois a lot more intersections with stop signs being replaced with roundabouts. I have not tried to navigate one on AP since we have the ability to slow the speed down much more, but I don't think it has the specific logic built-in just yet. I know Europe has almost no stop signs and a lot more roundabouts. Is anyone's experience different?

Finally got to the V3 here in Las Vegas at The Linq. I got the car down to 26%, pre-conditioned after driving for at least an hour and a half running errands. It took off pretty fast but maxed at 127kW.

I have a June 2019 build. SR+ w/ FSD.

Attachments

• 988F1317-E9A2-4CEF-BADE-E2D68396DA57.jpeg
    988F1317-E9A2-4CEF-BADE-E2D68396DA57.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 05E61187-8C66-4133-B387-1AE7ECCD2008.jpeg
    05E61187-8C66-4133-B387-1AE7ECCD2008.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 50
  • B58F42C4-2BE8-459C-8A0D-A2FA570E5B5F.jpeg
    B58F42C4-2BE8-459C-8A0D-A2FA570E5B5F.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Informative