Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40 kWh Delivery Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They enabled my delivery button (early) but my delivery window is terrible. I got the May 31 to June 14 window. Considering my production number was 6831 and I have responded with everything quickly, within a few days of receiving the email notices I am a little disappointed that my delivery is so late. I have talked up Tesla and electric cars in general at work so much that I have helped to sell another 60 and an 85 to co-workers, which have already received their cars even though they purchased 6 months to a year after me. Obviously there isn't much I can do about this since the response to this complaint is that the production number doesn't mean anything.

They enabled my delivery button (early) but my delivery window is terrible. I got the May 31 to June 14 window. Considering my production number was 6831 and I have responded with everything quickly, within a few days of receiving the email notices I am a little disappointed that my delivery is so late. I have talked up Tesla and electric cars in general at work so much that I have helped to sell another 60 and an 85 to co-workers, which have already received their cars even though they purchased 6 months to a year after me. Obviously there isn't much I can do about this since the response to this complaint is that the production number doesn't mean anything.

I feel your pain . . . I, too, was an early supporter and depositor (08/2009). I also recommended Model S to numerous friends who have been enjoying their cars for weeks and months. I guess we suffer from the "40kWh" penalty . . . Alas!

Everybody gets the button and then things go quiet? That isn't what I would expect from the 40 group. Since GeorgeB started this thread I wonder if he reads it? If he does, I would like to say that I am disappointed that Tesla couldn't roll out the deliveries for the 40 reservation holders quicker and in a row. We have been passed over by every available option and configuration and now shipments to other countries. Que us up front and crank these things out.

I want to be a Tesla supporter, hell I tried to name my son Nikola when he was born but you guys make it hard sometimes.

I'm still waiting for my button...I wonder if Elons announcement tomorrow will be that all 40kwh will get their cars in 2014 LOL

Everybody gets the button and then things go quiet? That isn't what I would expect from the 40 group. Since GeorgeB started this thread I wonder if he reads it? If he does, I would like to say that I am disappointed that Tesla couldn't roll out the deliveries for the 40 reservation holders quicker and in a row. We have been passed over by every available option and configuration and now shipments to other countries. Que us up front and crank these things out.

I want to be a Tesla supporter, hell I tried to name my son Nikola when he was born but you guys make it hard sometimes.

I'm still waiting for my button...I wonder if Elons announcement tomorrow will be that all 40kwh will get their cars in 2014 LOL

I think you are in the same batch as me, which has a delivery time of early June. We shouldn't see the button for a little while longer but I contacted my DS and he activated it. It doesn't seem to change anything, you answer a few questions, submit and then the button is gone.

boilerbots, did you call 888-771-2505, option #2. Most of the 40's have moved up a week. Have them email the contact information for your DS and get the ball rolling. I had nothing yesterday, but emailed, now I have a delivery date of 5/16, and have to really get started on the financing. You can call until 7:00PM PST. Go for it!

boilerbots, did you call 888-771-2505, option #2. Most of the 40's have moved up a week. Have them email the contact information for your DS and get the ball rolling. I had nothing yesterday, but emailed, now I have a delivery date of 5/16, and have to really get started on the financing. You can call until 7:00PM PST. Go for it!

I recommend skipping calling the central number. I called, got a voice mailbox, asked to be contacted back with contact info for my DS. Never got a call back, so decided to just call my local service center the next day and ask to speak to whoever my DS would be. Even that didn't work at first. Ended up in someone's voice mailbox that read his recorded name, I left a message, and still didn't get a call back. Called the service center again later, asked by name for the person whose mailbox I was in when I asked earlier to speak to a DS and was told that person no longer works there! So I explained again I wanted to find my DS, and they told me who it was and gave me her direct contact info and I was then finally able to reach the DS

So skip the step of not getting called back by the folks at the central number and start right at your local service center.

My last contact with them was Friday through email which I prefer. I probably pissed them off because I complained that my delivery date was in June yet my original production sequence is 6831.

Yea. My experience was that the more I tried to pull information out of Tesla regarding delivery status, the more frustrating it is. I started calling every day about a week before my delivery window. The DS was nice and seemed to always have one more bit of intel. It may be a more pleasurable experience to just wait for Tesla to contact you on their own schedule. Most cars are ready for pickup around the beginning of the delivery window.

Also, note that new service centers are opening - it may be possible to pick up your Tesla at one of the "coming soon" service centers - this doesn't show up when you are selecting your delivery options.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who kept getting a voicemail, and no info, when I called the main number. I am probably almost the last person who finalized a 40. What is the latest delivery window on here as of now? Late june? That's probably around when I'll get my car. I'm just going to wait to be surprised, I guess!