Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40 kWh Delivery Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery today! My first ever brand new car; it was well worth the wait of a lifetime.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 380
I got my 40 Thursday morning. White w/ tan leather interior, Tech, studio sound, and active air.

It's been a long wait - I reserved early in 2012. They were nice enough to deliver to my house - though they originally wanted me to go and pick it up. Apparently, for early reservation holders, they make an exception to the new policy of requiring pick-up. Got financing at 1.49% for 72 months.

I'm never going to push the limits on this car (my daily round trip commute is about 6 miles). Don't think I'll ever even need range mode. It's a shame that this price point won't be an option in the future. I really pushed the limits of what I'd be willing to pay for a car. However, I'm very happy to finally be electric - just sold my ICE to Carmax this morning. Been a busy few days.

Last edited:
I reserved early in 2012. They were nice enough to deliver to my house - thought they originally wanted me to go and pick it up. Apparently, for early reservation holders, they make an exception to the new policy of requiring pick-up.

Not always. I said to my DS that since we reserved in 2011 and finalized in 2012 when home delivery was part of the promise of the purchase experience, and it was not OUR choice to wait this long to receive our car they should grandfather us in for home delivery. At first she agreed to do that for us, but a few days later she called saying her supervisor will not allow her to bring it to us and we have to go in to get it. I didn't want to make a huge deal of it because I just want the car now, but I did say that I don't think it's right that home delivery was promised and now they won't provide it. I asked that my comments about it be relayed up the chain. This is one of several promises I know of that Tesla made at time of reservation and finalization that they decided to back out of: Alcantra headliner, fog lights, and now home delivery. I'm sure when I get the car on Friday I won't be thinking about this, but for now it bothers me.

I'm glad you WERE able to get the home delivery you were promised.

Well according to some posts on the TM forums, it appears to charge the bottom 72% of battery to equate to 40kw = ~144 rated miles 160 ideal. So this would be one instance where there would be no real reason to charge at any other percentage than 72%=100%.

I do hope they start working on reducing the 4KW a day vampire draw.

Mine has no badge, just like the early deliveries.

nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Well according to some posts on the TM forums, it appears to charge the bottom 72% of battery to equate to 40kw = ~144 rated miles 160 ideal. So this would be one instance where there would be no real reason to charge at any other percentage than 72%=100%.

I do hope they start working on reducing the 4KW a day vampire draw.

If I'm parsing this correctly, we can range charge with no ill effects, correct?