Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just responding to your comment.
Yeah it’ll get 600-700 miles or so if you drive slowly as you said, which is corrected to 450 miles.

On the freeway it’ll be more like 350 miles, maybe a bit higher. 600Wh/mi.
There are fleet drivers getting over 500 miles on the 4WT trucks today mostly city driving. Again, pretty impressive, haven't seen any real world mostly highway posts as yet.

232 miles towing a 6500 lb box trailer at 1.13 miles/kwh using 204.9kwh from a 213kwh battery pack.
I’d expect about 120 miles from Cybertruck on this test. Very roughly.

There are fleet drivers getting over 500 miles on the 4WT trucks today mostly city driving.

Yeah very reasonable - UDDS scales to 490 or so. I sure hope it is possible to do better than 420Wh/mi in city at low speeds with LRR tires!

wow such a dead thread we have here.
Why? If Tesla cannot deliver 500 mile range - or even a 400 mile range without a range extender that by their own admission won't be available until "late 2024" - if not longer - I think it's perfectly reasonable to discuss alternatives. Tesla's mission is to promote and accelerate the transition to an electric vehicle fleet - and even Elon has repeatedly said he wants other manufacturers to succeed as Tesla's long term plan to manufacture 20mm vehicles only meets 20% of global production. I am pro-EV - and that includes Tesla and many other EV manufacturers - in this case GM/Rivian specific to longer range pickups that are available today for prospective buyers.

Why? If Tesla cannot deliver 500 mile range - or even a 400 mile range without a range extender that by their own admission won't be available until "late 2024" - if not longer - I think it's perfectly reasonable to discuss alternatives. Tesla's mission is to promote and accelerate the transition to an electric vehicle fleet - and even Elon has repeatedly said he wants other manufacturers to succeed as Tesla's long term plan to manufacture 20mm vehicles only meets 20% of global production. I am pro-EV - and that includes Tesla and many other EV manufacturers - in this case GM/Rivian specific to longer range pickups that are available today for prospective buyers.
I was joking.. I made this and many people hated on me for doing so. :) thanks for participating.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
It's possible that the Cybertruck can get 400 or more miles of range traveling the same speeds as the Chevy in Urban areas. Going from Urban to Rural areas we don't know what the combined mileage would be on the Chevy loaded down with equipment while towing something heavy.

It's possible that the Cybertruck can get 400 or more miles of range traveling the same speeds as the Chevy in Urban areas. Going from Urban to Rural areas we don't know what the combined mileage would be on the Chevy loaded down with equipment while towing something heavy.
I highly doubt that - has anyone actually achieved more than the EPA mileage on a Tesla in the real world? Because Tesla chooses to use a generous factor for their EPA range estimates, whereas almost all other manufacturers use a much more conservative factor, this is highly unlikely. Almost all other manufacturers us 0.7 - whereas on the CT Tesla is actually using a very generous 0.89 (which IIRC is the most generous factor out of all Tesla vehicles). There have been real world tests of the 4T loaded with a 6500 lb box trailer and equipment which I already posted about in this thread previously: 500 mile range? LOL

Maybe I could beat the range if I drive at like 40mph on a day that doesn't need AC or heat... but yeah, otherwise no way.

Cybertruck getting a factor of 0.89 is hilarious. It's much less aerodynamic than the rest of the fleet, probably needs 0.6 or so to be realistic.

Reactions: Evee
Tesla will sell EVERY Cybertruck it makes for the next 2 years.

Range doesn't matter to Tesla at this point.

Complain all you want. It's a success story for the next 2 years - if not longer.
GM is selling every Hummer EV it makes .... and Rivian is selling every R1T it makes...

if Tesla is selling/producing under 50k Cybertrucks next year... that argument of "they are selling all they make" is even more pointless.

I was told this is game changer and game over for Ford/GM/RAM....

GM is selling every Hummer EV it makes .... and Rivian is selling every R1T it makes...

if Tesla is selling/producing under 50k Cybertrucks next year... that argument of "they are selling all they make" is even more pointless.

I was told this is game changer and game over for Ford/GM/RAM....

I see that I wasn't clear.

Tesla will sell EVERY Cybertruck they make NO MATTER how many they make.

How many EV Hummers is GM making? 800+ per year?
Of course they are selling every one they make. They don't even sell a thousand of them. Come on dude.

I see that I wasn't clear.

Tesla will sell EVERY Cybertruck they make NO MATTER how many they make.

How many EV Hummers is GM making? 800+ per year?
Of course they are selling every one they make. They don't even sell a thousand of them. Come on dude.

so Tesla could be selling 200k+ Cybertrucks at $80k+ annually? Sure about that?

can't prove a negative I guess...

You're the one that compared potential CT sales with the electric Hummer's sales figures.
No his point was that "selling all they make" is a meaningless metric. Tesla pretty much always sells what it makes because it tailors its production to the demand. There's a reason they've had to drop prices on all of their cars and increase the incentives they offer despite continuing to sell "all they make". Cybertruck is a far more polarizing vehicle than its current offerings. The initial hype might keep it going for a little while, but my guess is the sales figures on these will ultimately be less than the S/X

No his point was that "selling all they make" is a meaningless metric. Tesla pretty much always sells what it makes because it tailors its production to the demand. There's a reason they've had to drop prices on all of their cars and increase the incentives they offer despite continuing to sell "all they make". Cybertruck is a far more polarizing vehicle than its current offerings. The initial hype might keep it going for a little while, but my guess is the sales figures on these will ultimately be less than the S/X
exactly this. again... "they will sell all they make" is extremely misleading. Most companies only produce what they can sell. Producing and not selling lets you sit on a ton of product you can't move. hence you use pricing/production as a tool to balance out demand.

Reactions: FLRifleman
Remind me in few years to check CT sales figures.

Reactions: Yelobird