Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 > 75 Upgrade now $2k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It showed up on the My Tesla page. It already had my CC info from when I purchased the car. It was done in a few minutes. If it doesn't show on yours give them a call, I'm sure they can help you out. At least you are already badged :)
Thanks for the response. I called ant they said would look into it.
Sounds like you know your stuff. I have another newly question. I am leaving for Las Vegas this morning. I charged my 60D to 100% last night. My numbers show 225 Est 258 Rated 322 Ideal. I see many people posting 208-210 etc. what does all this mean? I cannot quite understand these different things yet.

Sounds like you know your stuff. I have another newly question. I am leaving for Las Vegas this morning. I charged my 60D to 100% last night. My numbers show 225 Est 258 Rated 322 Ideal. I see many people posting 208-210 etc. what does all this mean? I cannot quite understand these different things yet.
The 208-210 numbers you are seeing are for the S60 (RWD). Rated range for my Dec-16 S60 at 100% charge was 206 miles. Dual motor models have slightly better range.

Last edited:

Like one of the other guys posted..don't pay to upgrade. You already have a 75 :)

Was never going to do the upgrade for $6,500 or more ad I didn't see the value. I happily paid the $2,000 and have now completed the 60D --> 75D upgrade. It was nearly instant. New rated range of 257.

My MS was delivered in March and I had paid for the Glass Roof and Premium Upgrade Package. One of the primary reasons I purchased PUP was for the liftgate. So, I paid at least $3,500 more than a new 75D owner. On the other hand, I was perfectly satisfied with my 60D purchase at the time I made it and it has free supercharging. I paid much less than 75D owners who purchased at the same time. I also was able to get perforated seats that are no longer an option. It balanced out for us.

We also took delivery on a Model X at the end of March and there were some updates that we may have considered. This just seems to be the way it works with Tesla.

Reactions: OBX John
This is BS. I just paid $7,000 48 hours ago for the 75 upgrade as I was going on a long trip. I'm going to contact Tesla to see what they can do as this gets under my skin that they drop the price by 70% not 48 hours after I make the purchase.

After many calls to Tesla and being passed around, I finally managed to get the right person on the phone. In lieu of me cancelling and reordering (which sounded like an option), Tesla offered to give me the extended warranty, making the $5,000 almost a wash. I was going to purchase the upgrade anyways so I'm pleased with the outcome :)

After many calls to Tesla and being passed around, I finally managed to get the right person on the phone. In lieu of me cancelling and reordering (which sounded like an option), Tesla offered to give me the extended warranty, making the $5,000 almost a wash. I was going to purchase the upgrade anyways so I'm pleased with the outcome :)

Good to hear!

I thought Tesla would say blunt "no."

I guess it doesn't hurt to try to contact them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic
Agree that a small performance increase would motivate a number people who won't upgrade due to primarily local use/short commutes. Is it technically possible to do this however?
Good question. I should guess it is. I always feel like 0-20 feels software limited and picks up 20-60.

That's a complete guess though. would like to know.

• Helpful
Reactions: _jal_ and Barensn
Upgrading from 60 > 75 will not yield any performance increase because the battery pack still contains the same number of cells and modules, thus the same voltage and power output. Upgrading extends range, but not performance.

Upgrading from 60 > 75 will not yield any performance increase because the battery pack still contains the same number of cells and modules, thus the same voltage and power output. Upgrading extends range, but not performance.
They increase the top speed from 130 to 140 when upgrading from 60 to 75. The question is whether there is any more acceleration to be squeezed out of the 75 pack or are they trying to keep the gap against the 90. Like the poster I quoted said, bringing it down another .2 or .3 secs would motivate people to do the upgrade (but risk the differentiation to the 90).

Just for completeness of reporting, I finally charged the upgraded 75D to 100% - 254 rated miles, so 5 miles short (or 12.2%) of what was advertised (it was supposed to increase the mileage by 41 miles form 218 to 259, and we did get 218 at 100% when it was a 60D).

Just for completeness of reporting, I finally charged the upgraded 75D to 100% - 254 rated miles, so 5 miles short (or 12.2%) of what was advertised (it was supposed to increase the mileage by 41 miles form 218 to 259, and we did get 218 at 100% when it was a 60D).

After about 14 charge discharge cycles since my upgrade, I get 256 or 7. I initially got 254. I also used to get 218 or 219 or sometimes 220 with a 60D.

Unless the voltage is higher. The state of charge is directly related to the voltage. If the voltage goes up the total power goes up (volts times amps = power). So, you would get a slight increase in acceleration.

• Informative
Reactions: Swift
Unless the voltage is higher. The state of charge is directly related to the voltage. If the voltage goes up the total power goes up (volts times amps = power). So, you would get a slight increase in acceleration.
Thanks. Makes sense. I was wondering if they artificially limited the acceleration in the 60/75 pack to further differentiate the 90.

The acceleration is artificially limited because of the limited battery voltage in the 60/75 pack vs the 90/100 packs. Full power drainage would damage the battery. Hell plenty of people with P100Ds have wrecked their batteries constantly flooring it on a daily basis.

The acceleration is artificially limited because of the limited battery voltage in the 60/75 pack vs the 90/100 packs. Full power drainage would damage the battery. plenty of people with P100Ds have wrecked their batteries constantly flooring it on a daily basis.

I'm not quite sure how lower voltage would artificially limit acceleration. They have lower voltage because they have fewer cells, lower voltage equals lower acceleration. I don't see how anything in there is artificial. Also, I don't know of a single person who has ruined their battery pack by flooring there 100s on a daily basis. do you have data that we don't know about?