TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

60 > 75 Upgrade now $2k

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kdday, Apr 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

My car has a software upgradable charger, and Tesla quoted me $2300AUD to do the upgrade OTA. That was about two months ago.
    I had to ask at the SC because it wasn't listed as an option on my My Tesla page, like the battery upgrade was.
    I decided not to do it because it wasn't quite worth $2300 to me, but if it's now cheaper I might buy it too.

2. TXcharge

TXcharge Member

Did my upgrade. It was done before I got out to the garage to check :)

3. dss33

dss33 Member

S70D @ 90% was around 211 miles
    S75D @ 90% (for the first time just now) was about 229 miles
    Charging to 100% now to see where we land

• Like x 2
  4. ssrajputev

ssrajputev Member

Yours wouldn't qualify. It's only for refreshed models (April 2016-present).

upload_2017-4-17_15-44-43.png

Tesla — 75 kWh Battery Capacity Upgrade

• Informative x 1
  5. ssrajputev

ssrajputev Member

I just did the upgrade while at work and was checking out all of the Tesla updates...instead of working. I was too distracted. :D

6. totochi

totochi Member

Upgraded S75 @100% = 242 miles so +36 miles

• Like x 1
  7. Zhelko Dimic

Zhelko Dimic Careful bull

When they increase the price, should they also go after the people that got lower price and ask for difference?
    I get your sentiment, but if one agrees to pay for something and pays for it, that's the end of the story in my book. And yeah, I was on receiving end of it...

• Like x 3
  8. NYEVDriver

NYEVDriver Member

This is great news. I paid $86,600 for an inventory car last year and asked numerous times why it will cost me an addition $3250 for 5kWh. I was told that was the price and there was nothing that can be done. I'm glad I waited to perform the upgrade (now $500). Makes the total cost of the car $87,100. I know it's not apples to apples since I don't have AP2 but I love driving the car and barely use AP1.

9. dss33

dss33 Member

Charged to 100% and I'm at 255 miles for our (now) 75D S :-D

10. energy7

energy7 Member

I agree. And, if I had purchased this weeks or months ago, so be it, that's business. But, when you make a purchase only to have the business drop the price by 70% less than 48 hours later, that might put a sour taste in the consumers mouth. Had Tesla dropped the price by $500-$1000, no big deal. But a 70% drop is big pill to swallow. Most businesses will do price matching within a certain timeframe and it would be good if Tesla did.

• Helpful x 1
  11. dragoljub

dragoljub Member

Ordered S60 a few days ago with Air Suspension and PUP. Thinking the upgrade to 75Kwh might be a great value. Wish we did not need to get the PUP for the lift gate but glad we got the Air Suspension now that it's. Not offered on the base 75Kwh.

12. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

That was great timing! Did you happen to see how the Ranger swapped out the badges, and how long it took him to do it? I am wondering if the badge simply pops off from the outside of the vehicle, or if it requires some work from inside the car.

13. croman

croman Active Member

You must use floss and some heat source to work it off. Then you glue and apply the badge. I've seen people when they get XPEL wrapped debadge and rebadge the car. There might be an easier way, but I think those XPEL installers probably know best.

14. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

My 100% on S60 was 209 and my first full charge as S75 is 239. That is +30. I was expecting 40 extra miles!

• Funny x 1
  15. Jlwine

Jlwine Member

Thanks for posting! I never intended to upgrade, but. at that price--I just could not refuse.

• Like x 1
  16. Jlwine

Jlwine Member

That's correct.

17. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

I was on a conference call and did not see everything. He had a plastic pry bar which pry'd off the old stuff (it's held on by adhesive and requires nothing inside the car). He buffed off any residuue and then just slapped the 75 on! Will try to post a pic!

I had him there for a minor lighting issue and the badge. Total time for both.....30 minutes!!!!

Attached Files:

• 75.jpg
      75.jpg
      File size:
      259.6 KB
      Views:
  18. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

Just did the upgrade. Car updated almost instantly. I figure it added value to my car if I ever planned on selling it. I too never intended on upgrading but I couldn't pass it up for the price. Helps with the range anxiety if I have to travel far

19. bridgetown

bridgetown Member

I've got that unicorn's twin.

20. sheenn

sheenn Member

Interesting that the last 10% (90-100) yields more than the (80-90). So with the 75 are you supposed to daily charge to 80% or 90%? Seems like minutiae but my daily commute is around 100mi so even an extra 10 miles is a good buffer for me if I need to make a stop on the way home. (If I don't charge every night.)