Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60kwh supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DrManhattan you are a smart person. ;-)
The textile seats are actually a mix of textile and leather. I am fine with them, but have never had leather in my cars. I like the fact that the seating surface is not leather when I get back to the car and it has been sitting in CA sun.

I’m replying to this comment, but tagging @DrManhattan . I’ve had the textile seats in my car for over two years now and really like them. I’m pretty sure those are patches of some kind of vinyl or something—not actually leather on them. I just don’t generally like leather seats. They are too hot, too cold, too slick, etc.

Reactions: DrManhattan
I’m replying to this comment, but tagging @DrManhattan . I’ve had the textile seats in my car for over two years now and really like them. I’m pretty sure those are patches of some kind of vinyl or something—not actually leather on them. I just don’t generally like leather seats. They are too hot, too cold, too slick, etc.

Thanks I already confirmed my order, so I'm stuck with textile! :eek:

We don't know the actual SoC range that is programmed in... the problem is that you likely won't get the maximum speed since you won't be exposed to the bottom, but you also won't get the maximum taper at the top, assuming they limit both sides.

It would be in Tesla's best interest to charge from 0-60 kWH rather than having that window moved any higher as it will lesten supercharge congestion which is already a problem in some areas and will only get worse.

Lets talk batteries: I understand that you should not charge the battery to 100% unless you need to use that capacity right away, and leaving battery fully charged will damage it. So, on the other end of the scale...if you DISCHARGE the battery fast - as in calling for full ludicrous mode, are you also damaging the battery? Will a Ludicrous car have a reduced resale because the battery has been mistreated?
(I asked this question on the Porsche thread...they lead me here)

When you guys say "next gen seats" - I was selecting based on color (tan) and not "features". Can you elaborate some on what those features might be? Cooled seats? Heated seats?
The Next Gen seats have what appears to be better bolstering all around and seem to fit some folks better. I am a tall skinny guy and am fine with the standard seats (the ones you seem to have selected). But I am not used to luxury cars and high-end seats, so YMMV. If you can, try and go sit in them.

The Next Gen seats have what appears to be better bolstering all around and seem to fit some folks better. I am a tall skinny guy and am fine with the standard seats (the ones you seem to have selected). But I am not used to luxury cars and high-end seats, so YMMV. If you can, try and go sit in them.
Would "basic" seats have heating/cooling/ 8 way movement/driver position memory - maybe for several drivers. Would the Tan seats have these features, plus more (why not imagine massage rollers too).
OK - I went over board with the massage thing. But the point is that I am not finding the treasure trove of details on what I'm buying.

Lets talk batteries: I understand that you should not charge the battery to 100% unless you need to use that capacity right away, and leaving battery fully charged will damage it. So, on the other end of the scale...if you DISCHARGE the battery fast - as in calling for full ludicrous mode, are you also damaging the battery? Will a Ludicrous car have a reduced resale because the battery has been mistreated?
(I asked this question on the Porsche thread...they lead me here)
If you over current the batteries it will heat up and damage the battery. However I am sure tesla has factor this into their firmware and will prevent ludicrious mode from killing the battery. You will probably see reduce power before battery damage.

Would "basic" seats have heating/cooling/ 8 way movement/driver position memory - maybe for several drivers. Would the Tan seats have these features, plus more (why not imagine massage rollers too).
OK - I went over board with the massage thing. But the point is that I am not finding the treasure trove of details on what I'm buying.
From my understanding, all seats have the same features. Next Gen are a different shape.
From the Tesla site:
"
  • Twelve way power adjustable, heated front seats with memory and driver profile
"
Model S | Tesla Motors

Heated is included. Cooled is not, on the Model S. The Model X does have ventilated seats. At least I think that is correct. Did the new ventilated seats from the Model X get back-ported into the facelifted version of Model S?