Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.0 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Federal Department of Transport, or whatever their equivalent name is this week (has also gone by the acronym DOTARS). I suspect Tesla only recently applied to all other countries, so we might be in for a wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that would be bad.. Seems unlikely though since there's nothing in Autopilot that doesn't basically exist already in other cars and has done for some time.
Can't say I'm aware of a car in Australia that lets you drive endlessly without holding or regularly touching the steering wheel.

Federal Department of Transport, or whatever their equivalent name is this week (has also gone by the acronym DOTARS). I suspect Tesla only recently applied to all other countries, so we might be in for a wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't say I'm aware of a car in Australia that lets you drive endlessly without holding or regularly touching the steering wheel.

No but it depends if they make that distinction from other cars with lane keeping. Hopefully they don't delve that deep or if they do that Tesla has opened this dialog a long time ago!

image.jpeg

I like the clean look. New UI is great. And apparently more changes coming to that in 7.1.

Autopilot worked in stop start traffic but was a bit jerky with steering and deceleration was a bit abrupt. Maybe I need to increase following distance.

Vehicle hold is brilliant.

Lot of wasted central real estate though. I get that is meant to be the lanes either side, but if TACC is not engaged, why do you need it? And yes, I DO want the temp time and date permanently displayed in the instrument cluster. In fact I also want an interior temp display. The data is available since it comes up in the app.

- - - Updated - - -

i assume it was loaded while your car was in service?

Is there a tyre pressure app on the small screen?

that is one of the options for the dashboard yes.

- - - Updated - - -

So LGGD, when did you notice you had the update and how long did it take to install?
I haven't received any updates since getting the car, I'm on 6.2 (2.5.21)

Today. I didn't take note of how long it took. Less than 2 hours for sure.