Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, hope mine is the same case. I ordered around the early March and they also told me mid April maybe but didn't tell me about the TH parts situation. I don't even have an estimated delivery date listed in my order let alone VIN.
Yeah, I've never had an estimated delivery date or VIN either...he assured me that I didn't need to worry about that, it was in production and on the way by those dates...we shall see...

I may have seen you if you have a white tesla. We should schedule a play date so they can play!
Haha that might have been the wife, she said she saw a new one the other day. Yeah, ours is white. Someone just down the street got a new M3 this week too. And I'll be down once I get a 14-50 installed next week. Slow charging sucks, can't go anywhere without having to stop at a charging station.

Reactions: Axeman
Haha that might have been the wife, she said she saw a new one the other day. Yeah, ours is white. Someone just down the street got a new M3 this week too. And I'll be down once I get a 14-50 installed next week. Slow charging sucks, can't go anywhere without having to stop at a charging station.
Having mine installed Monday, then front end ppf on Tuesday, then first service visit for my minor issues! Any suggestions on a good ceramic coat?

Reactions: Mcerwing87
Having mine installed Monday, then front end ppf on Tuesday, then first service visit for my minor issues! Any suggestions on a good ceramic coat?
Nope, I'm still trying to figure out some good local shops to get the car all set up. Need to get full tint after they fix my window issues. Where are you getting the PPF done? I'm going in on Friday to have the issues fixed, hopefully they give me a loaner or finish it same day.

Reactions: Axeman
Nope, I'm still trying to figure out some good local shops to get the car all set up. Need to get full tint after they fix my window issues. Where are you getting the PPF done? I'm going in on Friday to have the issues fixed, hopefully they give me a loaner or finish it same day.
My garage. I purchased the 3m pro from ebay. The bearded tesla guy can get you a discount on YouTube. Then I found a guy to come to my house to install it for $900. So it's about a $1000 savings doing it that way.

Were you able to tell how long it took to reach you from California, and if so could you share? Thanks!
No idea, SA just looked at his computer with the VIN label and said it looked like it'd be here Monday. I assume it's mid-transit but not sure when the truck left CA. Also assuming that my VIN was assigned to it mid-transit or perhaps it JUST finished and it was assigned right before leaving but I'd be surprised if someone drove the truck from CA to MA over the weekend.

Talked to my SA today. Apparently there are a few of us with this same configuration that haven't received our cars yet. They did some digging, called around, and are saying that there was a delay possibly with the parts for the tow hitch since that's what we all have in common. He says April 15-20 for delivery.

MY7LR / White:Black / Tow / 19" / No FSD
Ordered 2/20/21
This is my exact config and matches the delivery dates I was most recently given as well.
I haven’t heard anyone mention Anthony regarding tow hitch material issue, but I have heard that tow hitch cars have been slower.
I hope these are accurate dates but I’m trying to temper my expectations as originally I was told March 6th, then a car completion on March 19, then March 29th, and now the 19th of April.

I fixed the outlet, rightside up now

👍

Attachments

• PXL_20210404_161821353.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210404_161821353.MP.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 57
New here, ordered 2/12, LR 7 seat white/black/19"/no tow or FSD. Based on being in the FB groups I thought for sure 3/31 was the absolute latest we could expect it but that came and went with no fanfare and the wait continues. First my SA said, "We have been told there was a parts delay specifically for the 7 seaters so the timeline got extended a bit." And then today he said, "Right now the factory is targeting this month to get production up and running again for 7 seaters." :rolleyes: Just wanted to add that info since there was speculation that there was something about the tow package that was causing delays, but we don't have that and are still facing delays.

I sneaked into Portland Service Center, which was closed due to Easter, to check if my car was delivered or not (was told it will reach yesterday) and captured a few pics of my car. They'll do some prep work tomorrow and home-deliver it on Tuesday. Good thing is it was built last Sunday (3/28) and I ordered from existing inventory on Monday (3/29) -- was not on the inventory on 3/28. So I am hoping it is not one of those rejected ones (fingers crossed). And btw, what does the "new process" mean? Anything special about this?

Also, do you guys see any potential issues from the first two pics, i.e. a gap below the glass in the first pic and little miss-alignment in the window in the second one? Not sure if its normal and within specs; I forgot to compare it with nearby Model Ys parked.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 57
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    808.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    598.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 54
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 66
I sneaked into Portland Service Center, which was closed due to Easter, to check if my car was delivered or not (was told it will reach yesterday) and captured a few pics of my car. They'll do some prep work tomorrow and home-deliver it on Tuesday. Good thing is it was built last Sunday (3/28) and I ordered from existing inventory on Monday (3/29) -- was not on the inventory on 3/28. So I am hoping it is not one of those rejected ones (fingers crossed). And btw, what does the "new process" mean? Anything special about this?

Also, do you guys see any potential issues from the first two pics, i.e. a gap below the glass in the first pic and little miss-alignment in the window in the second one? Not sure if its normal and within specs; I forgot to compare it with nearby Model Ys parked.

I’m not the best at making those calls, but I do know that the your local Tesla technicians will go over the car before delivering it to you and often they are able to fix minor issues.