Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account finally have an est. delivery date. 1/31-2/15.

still no VIN
Today was the first time I've seen a date range on our account. Estimated Delivery: January 31 - February 16. No VIN in page source.

We ordered Long Range / White / 18" / White / 7 Seat / FSD back on August 2019 and added Tow Hitch July 2020 (and wheels changed to 19" at some point).

I suppose with estimated delivery dates differing by just a few days for various people, I guess they are indeed doing something specific to each order as opposed to the generic 2-6 weeks when ordering right now.

For us, we're trying to decide if we will sell before renewing by mid-February with smog and end up with just 1 vehicle for a bit. Although the horror stories of things getting delayed or rejection at other Tesla deliveries is a bit concerning. Fortunately, a new Tesla showroom opened up 15 minutes away vs 2+ hour drive through snowy mountains that we needed to pick up for our Model 3.

I wish deliveries happened by order date. Seeing orders from this month getting Vins while my Dec 2019 doesn't has me anxious. I get the whole region and spec differences but I just want my car lol

I agree. The guy who got his VIN just ordered this year this month while I ordered mine 2 years ago(April 10, 2019). However, my advisor said next weekend for my delivery so I'm hoping that is accurate!!

Ordered 3/18/2019. Red with white interior; Scottsdale AZ. No VIN or anything.
Stopped into the Scottsdale Kierland store last night, 1/30. They were supposed to have a 7seat last week so I brought the whole fam to see how we fit but they still hadn’t received one yet. Supposedly this week.

Haha, I was staring right at the headlights of the 7 seater in the showroom and thought "how do I tell if these are new or not"...and then didn't take a picture or anything because...I'm not so worried about which headlights I get.

Also, I didn't check for the HEPA because I also don't really care about that... I don't live in a heavily polluted area. Can confirm working steering wheel heater, "old" console, and "old" door panels.
.... awww, for the team!

Reactions: Axeman
Same config as yours except tow hitch and with FSD... But ordered on Jan 9th 2021. Given you ordered in 2020, you very well deserve to get it early. When's your delivery? Do post pics.
ETA is Feb 10-16

Gosh. This is all so surreal. I am not a patient person, so waiting this long...I almost had to let myself believe it wasn’t real just to get through the wait.
I guess now I have to check out all those delivery checklists...finally.

ETA is Feb 10-16

Gosh. This is all so surreal. I am not a patient person, so waiting this long...I almost had to let myself believe it wasn’t real just to get through the wait.
I guess now I have to check out all those delivery checklists...finally.

I just got one too! 116XXX. Like 10 minutes ago. No ETA yet, although my account showed an ETA of Feb 4 - 24 when I checked it earlier in the day. I ordered in November 2019. Long Range / Blue / 19" / White / 7 Seat / FSD. I agree it's so surreal after more than a year long wait! And +1 on finally having a reason to crawl through the delivery checklist threads :)

Reactions: ryanjeffords
I just got one too! 116XXX. Like 10 minutes ago. No ETA yet, although my account showed an ETA of Feb 4 - 24 when I checked it earlier in the day. I ordered in November 2019. Long Range / Blue / 19" / White / 7 Seat / FSD. I agree it's so surreal after more than a year long wait! And +1 on finally having a reason to crawl through the delivery checklist threads :)
Where are you located?

Anyone in Colorado have an ETA? Ordered March 2019. Still none on my end.

Attachments

• 368EFE55-F00A-4269-94A4-E6E159D4CECC.jpeg
    368EFE55-F00A-4269-94A4-E6E159D4CECC.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 55
The only thing that changes for me is the earliest delivery date. I keep hearing that these estimates are meaningless. Enemy.I though, I hope to get mine before March. This car buying experience is unreal. This is my first tesla. I've wanted one since the first concept roadster, now getting one and having to wait am indefinitely is driving me up a wall! If the SA had actual real useful information all the time for everyone would take the edge off a ton. I waited this long what's another 4 weeks right?

Reminds me of when I got my first tesla. As one of the line-waiters, I thought the year-long wait to be able to configure the order was long! Little did I know that waiting the few weeks for a VIN would actually feel MUCH longer!

Congrats on your order! Once you get it, all that anxiety will be washed away and you'll have been innoculated for your next Tesla (for your spouse, your kids, parents, friends, etc).

Reminds me of when I got my first tesla. As one of the line-waiters, I thought the year-long wait to be able to configure the order was long! Little did I know that waiting the few weeks for a VIN would actually feel MUCH longer!

Congrats on your order! Once you get it, all that anxiety will be washed away and you'll have been innoculated for your next Tesla (for your spouse, your kids, parents, friends, etc).
My kids can't wait for me to get one so I can stop pointing them out and identifying them every time I see one.

I ordered at that time too and nothing on my account. It's kind of annoying that others who ordered so long after me are getting VINs. I'm in New Mexico, so close to you.

Do you happen to have a “target factory gate day” or whatever the hell it means :)? ryanjeffords had this information from his advisor and was told that he will be assigned a VIN anytime soon.

Given you guys ordered so ahead of me, I am even embarrassed to ask my “target factory gate day” from my Tesla advisor :(

Reactions: duran505