Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So excited! I put my 7 seat order in the first weekend it was announced, extended range 4wd.
I'd really like a picture of the footwell with that 3rd row, if only to easy my anxiety about it. If it sucks, I guess my daughter will be bummed, and we will only use that as a contingency if the minivan is unavailable. If it's decent, then that opens up some longer trips with the whole family.
A while back I changed the exterior from Black to Red, but I'm considering going back to Black (White interior). Anyone know of resources where people compared these? I want something less frequently found, and while my BMW in Black rarely looks clean, when it is it looks fantastic. I live in Arizona so dust is a thing...

I will update when I hear more!

I am pleasantly surprised. I was hoping for a sliding 2nd row, and we're getting it! Honestly there's quite a lot of leg room in the 2nd row, so I think you can take a few inches to help with foot room for the 3rd row. Can't wait until we see actual hands on videos and for when I can get to the showroom to see it!

Just disappointed that the performance can't be ordered with the 7 seats. So now do I compromise and get the Dual Motor and acceleration boost? I have a P3D- so was hoping for a sleeper Y 7 seater!
This is exactly where I’m at. Technically I have an order right now for performance 7 seater, but after seeing the config options, I wonder if they’re gonna force me to change in order to take delivery.

Truth is, the LR would probably be totally fine. Much more practical since I have 3 kids and seats are more important than speed. Also, far more practical and economical tires and range. Plus, $10k cheaper.

ah decisions...

I reached out to me SA proactively to see what my options are. If she doesn’t have definitive messaging they my config will never be made, I might wait until I’m either forced to or wait to see what the 3rd row looks like in person to decide between 5 seater performance or 7 seater LR.

Greatly disappointed my performance order on hold for 7-seats will not be fulfilled (at least yet?). Come on! Is it the lower suspension? That is the only thing I can think of. *privileged problem*
Is that official? or are you just speculating.

I'd REALLY like to get a firm answer from TESLA on this, because if they're going to build a 7 seater Y in the near future...I'll wait. Or if they aren't, I'm going to change my order and GET A FREAKING CAR.

Ok -- it's confirmed.

Unfortunately, we will not be producing a 7-seat performance spec. Model Y so when looking at your build if the 7-seat config. is a necessity I'd highly advise leaning towards either the Long Range or Standard range options.

Tesla has no plans to build the 7 seat performance. I just changed my order to a LRAWD 7 seater (because seats are more important than speed). In the end, saving $10,000, gaining 24 miles of range, having more practical/comfortable tires seems to be worth it.

Plan to buy the acceleration boost for sure and hopefully I'll have the best of both worlds.

Unfortunately, we will not be producing a 7-seat performance spec. Model Y so when looking at your build if the 7-seat config. is a necessity I'd highly advise leaning towards either the Long Range or Standard range options.
That suggests to me that something got in the way of the third row seats. Was it a bigger motor or bigger controller for performance version?

Hi, I spoke to my friendly local SA (Seattle) about upcoming 7-seat Model Y deliveries (LR, 19, White on White, FSD) about tow hitches and delivery dates.

1) Since the initial config was available, tow hitches appeared, but also price of FSD went from 7k to 10k. I asked about adding the tow hitch without triggering a re-pricing of FSD, and he said it wouldn't be an issue. We submitted the case and crossing my fingers ( and taking lots of screenshots). Also, adding a tow hitch is doable post-delivery he said. I'd avoid extra car service events if possible, so trying to match to the right car from the get-go.
2) Looking at the reservation, he went "oh..., interesting...." (one thing you don't really want to hear from SAs). He said the reservation had a "match date" (date before which they don't notify you) of Jan 2022. We changed it to March 2021. I had a minute-1 reservation, and I wonder if at some point in time some batch process just slapped beginning 2022 on all orders. (and if, conversely, some new batch process will go and bring the date forward as different geographies get it). If you talk to your SA, it may not hurt to double check that match date.

When I stopped by the store earlier today, I was told our order was still marked "ineligible" for delivery, but later someone else said that they're going through all orders and unmarking that status.

I asked about adding the tow hitch without triggering a re-pricing of FSD, and he said it wouldn't be an issue.
Our 7 seat order from 2019 price updated to the latest FSD pricing when adding the tow hitch, but maybe you'll be lucky to keep the original FSD price.

Our 7 seat order from 2019 price updated to the latest FSD pricing when adding the tow hitch, but maybe you'll be lucky to keep the original FSD price.
Exactly - I wouldn't dare to do it via the website. That's why I called so they change it in the backend. If you have proof of your order (even if they should figure it out) and nudge someone I'm sure they can correct it back. It is not fair to have a $3k penalty for assuming their website does the right thing.

• Helpful
Reactions: dhanson865
Ok -- it's confirmed.

Tesla has no plans to build the 7 seat performance. I just changed my order to a LRAWD 7 seater (because seats are more important than speed). In the end, saving $10,000, gaining 24 miles of range, having more practical/comfortable tires seems to be worth it.

Plan to buy the acceleration boost for sure and hopefully I'll have the best of both worlds.

Ugh. I kind of get it if it's a low profile tire and weight issue though... BUT if that's the case, there could be the hope (even if it's tiny) of finding a sleeper PYD- and have best of all worlds. I wanted a sleeper anyway, to match my P3D- as I don't like low profile tires.

USB C ports are at the front of the 3rd row cupholders:
3rd usb c.jpg

https://twitter.com/tesla/status/1347673670894800898

Ok -- it's confirmed.

Where did you hear this from? If there is no performance 7-seat model Y I may change to a 7-seat long range X instead...wonder if they will allow me to just pay the $7000 FSD that I was going to pay (they let me keep that price when they told me they wouldn't be making a 7-seat model Y stealth performance awhile back and I had to switch to just the regular performance)

Where did you hear this from? If there is no performance 7-seat model Y I may change to a 7-seat long range X instead...wonder if they will allow me to just pay the $7000 FSD that I was going to pay (they let me keep that price when they told me they wouldn't be making a 7-seat model Y stealth performance awhile back and I had to switch to just the regular performance)
Got this Info from my advisor. He did say “anything could change”, but he made it pretty clear there were no plans to build it.

Where did you hear this from? If there is no performance 7-seat model Y I may change to a 7-seat long range X instead...

If they were going to do it I see no reason they wouldn't have made it available at the same time. It makes perfect sense if they have different suspension, to increase the payload capacity, for the 7-seat Model Y. They wouldn't want to have to make yet another suspension variant for the 7-seat Performance model when it would likely have a very low take rate. (So they only have to support 3 suspension variants instead of 4.)

I may just switch to a 7-seat long range X instead of being switched to a 7-seat long range Y. When they forced me to switch from the Stealth 7-seat Y to just the performance one, they let me keep the FSD at the same price. Hopefully they can do the same here.

Since TSLA has gone up so much since I first placed my order, the X is now easily in my price range....the question is is there actually going to be a refresh of it?

OK. So scratch the 7-seat performance. Hopefully they will still build the 7-seat LR RWD. Been waiting since the first week the Y was announced.

After looking at some pics of row 3 I am feeling better about how workable this config will be. The sliding second row is the key.

• Love
Reactions: ryanjeffords