Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any of you who ordered in Spring 2019 gotten delivery info yet? VINs?
I believe acacia in AZ originally ordered around then and has received VIN:
It a a feeling I’ve gotten used to. Since March 2019, lol. Hopefully I don’t reach a 2 year anniversary of waiting, but we are closing in on that...
Account displayed delivery date last night. Got a VIN this morning!
xx116xxx

Reactions: duran505
I believe acacia in AZ originally ordered around then and has received VIN:
Correct. I ordered 3/18/2019. Received this text this morning. I will respond tonight, I’m probably going to schedule for Monday.

Attachments

• C0DD6A1E-0337-4AD4-9A8B-CEBB3F94B2AB.jpeg
    C0DD6A1E-0337-4AD4-9A8B-CEBB3F94B2AB.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 85
Just curious, did the text phone number come from your local advisor or an area code in CA ?
It was a 510 area code number for us. We received a previous text from this same number about "Tesla Trade-in update: We are missing…"

For those updating insurance for the 7-seat Model Y VIN, looks like at least for AAA online policy editing interface and normal phone agent method, the VIN isn't recognized, but the phone agent put me on hold and figured out some alternate way to add it to our policy. Turns out for us, a 2021 Model Y is cheaper to insure than a 2018 Model 3 by $17/mo and $26/mo more than a 2014 vehicle that originally cost half of the Y.

Reactions: acacia
Just visited a service center today and messed around with a 7-seater in the show room.

It would work great for my family (me, my wife, my 4 yr old, and my 2.5 year old) for many years. I'm 5'11" 165 lbs and was almost comfortable in the third row....but my head would bump on the glass if I ever tried to ride back there.

It seems easier to access the third row by just folding down the 2nd row seats rather than trying to push them forward and then up.

• Informative
Reactions: Axeman
Portland, OR got one 7 seater for display. Me being 5'9'', one thing I noticed was it is quite easier to get in and out into the 3rd seat. I was able to sit comfortably and the glass was 2-3 fingers above my head. Other than bumps, which is rare in my neighborhood, there is a bar separating the glass roof. If anyone breaks, one might hit their head in that bar. It also came with heated steering wheel and we tested it out too.

Another surprising thing was in when the 3rd seat is folded, the phots showed it has a bump so car camping may not be possible. However, the cover can be placed upside down and it will turn out to be a flat surface.

They looked into their records and it is estimated that the car will leave California on February 17th, and should reach Portland on 19th. Excited for the car now :)

I think it's important to remember that no matter when you got in line for your MY, previous tesla owners get first dibs. I'm not one of them so I'm just excited that people are getting theirs now, and don't forget the Cali, west coast get deliveries next in the line. That means that the rest of us won't be too far behind.

Reactions: Giraffe950
So, my Tesla Advisor just emailed me and said my expected build slot is around Feb 9 and delivery date would be about a week later. He originally told me my delivery estimate was the first weekend of February. I'm not sure why it is pushed out further. I genuinely do not understand how priority works. We are not first-time Tesla owners so I was told old Tesla owners have priority. We literally ordered this car when it was first announced early 2019 (so about 2 years ago). I'm reading many people already have their VINs and delivery scheduled and some just ordered their cars only 2-3 weeks ago. So, I'm not mad. I'm genuinely confused how Tesla delivery priority order works. Someone had mentioned in a forum that Tesla does one color at a time. I order MSM so is it because those haven't been built yet? Who else ordered MSM (LR AWD)? Have you received your VIN #s and/or delivery dates? To those who have received VINs and/or delivery date texts or schedules, what are your exact configurations? Thanks!

Reactions: Axeman
So, my Tesla Advisor just emailed me and said my expected build slot is around Feb 9 and delivery date would be about a week later. He originally told me my delivery estimate was the first weekend of February. I'm not sure why it is pushed out further. I genuinely do not understand how priority works. We are not first-time Tesla owners so I was told old Tesla owners have priority. We literally ordered this car when it was first announced early 2019 (so about 2 years ago). I'm reading many people already have their VINs and delivery scheduled and some just ordered their cars only 2-3 weeks ago. So, I'm not mad. I'm genuinely confused how Tesla delivery priority order works. Someone had mentioned in a forum that Tesla does one color at a time. I order MSM so is it because those haven't been built yet? Who else ordered MSM (LR AWD)? Have you received your VIN #s and/or delivery dates? To those who have received VINs and/or delivery date texts or schedules, what are your exact configurations? Thanks!
I'm also MSM and no VIN. First time Tesla buyer, night one order.

Model 3 owner and placed my 7 seat Model Y order within seconds of the ordering window opening 2 years ago. I have not seen a VIN and I'm in CA.