Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My White Ex, Black In, 7 seater, 19in, tow, also went down 1k overnight.
I’m a little confused. Why would Tesla reduce prices toward the end of a fiscal quarter and on the eve of a (possible) tax credit? They desperately need to show that they are becoming profitable to justify their current stock price.

I’m certainly not complaining about a 1k savings, but in the true scheme of things it’s not that meaningful in the scheme of a nearly 60k transaction.

I’m simply trying to speculate as to why it is happening and if it precludes future price decreases.

The word is on the verge of an EV takeover and there are some major players that are about to throw their hats into the ring. Is Tesla slowly dropping prices to remain competitive? What does that mean for my long term purchase/ resale value?

I have no intention of delaying my personal delivery but it does cause one to ask a few questions.

If you ever decide to become a TSLA investor, you should know that Tesla does things differently.

They might reduce prices to spike orders for the short-term, but their ultimate goal is to get as many people switched to EV's as they can build them to trigger Wright's Law. As more get built, it becomes cheaper to build them. So the cars will get cheaper over time (just look at the price and features of a model S over the past 8 years to see this played out). If you're worried about them being in financial trouble, they are not. If you're worried about demand issues, know that seasonal fluctuations are a thing, and Tesla deals with it however they see fit.

If you're worried that future iterations will be cheaper with better features, don't worry, they WILL be. But if you wait for it, then you'll miss out on enjoying the use of the car now and incur the expense of further depreciation and operating/maintenance costs of your current vehicle. They're like smart phones, buyer's remorse is a thing, but the updates are free, and NOT having it isn't an option either. Just know that your car now is the best version of the model that they're currently making and enjoy it.

Last edited:
If you ever decide to become a TSLA investor, you should know that Tesla does things differently.

They might reduce prices to spike orders for the short-term, but their ultimate goal is to get as many people switched to EV's as they can build them to trigger Wright's Law. As more get built, it becomes. cheaper to build them. So the cars will get cheaper over time (just look at the price and features of a model S over the past 8 years to see this played out). If you're worried about them being in financial trouble, they are not. If you're worried about demand issues, know that seasonal fluctuations are a thing, and Tesla deals with it however they see fit.

If you're worried that future iterations will be cheaper with better features, don't worry, they WILL be. But if you wait for it, then you'll miss out on enjoying the use of the car now and incur the expense of further depreciation and operating/maintenance costs of your current vehicle. They're like smart phones, buyer's remorse is a thing, but the updates are free, and NOT having it isn't an option either. Just know that your car now is the best version of the model that they're currently making and enjoy it.

Well said. I appreciate your insight and perspective.

Reactions: camthehombre
Ordered jan16 toronto ....MY SR 7 seater MSM....just got the vin today 132xxx
What about new headlights? Asking because I just ordered on Saturday, same config as you, and am hoping to get new console, heated wheel AND new headlights.
Not sure SR will get new headlights .haven't seen a single person reporting new headlights with SR.and at this time of this SR mess I wont worry about the headlights anyway .I just want the damn car

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmcn
Ordered jan16 toronto ....MY SR 7 seater MSM....just got the vin today 132xxx
AWESOME!!! Nice to see a SR 7 seater get a VIN! Fingers crossed! What did your ETA look like prior to the VIN being assigned? Was is blank?

Congrats to you and @antmantbone for getting assigned a VIN!
It was blank and I was worried that all SR orders will be canceled but called my SA and was told they will fulfill all orders with deposit .
And last night I got the vin and now on phone with them to set delivery date .want to pick it up asap before tesla mood changes again

Hey everyone, been lurking here for a while. Got my VIN last night so I just wanted to update and give others hope:

VIN: 131xxx
Ordered 1/31
Blue/Black, Tow Hitch, 19" wheels
Picking up in Cincinnati OH

Apparently you can contact Tesla (not sure exactly how, I’m a noob) to find out if you got (1) new console, (2) heated steering wheel, (3) new headlights and (4) HEPA filter. Would you be willing to do that and let us know?

Hey everyone, been lurking here for a while. Got my VIN last night so I just wanted to update and give others hope:

VIN: 131xxx
Ordered 1/31
Blue/Black, Tow Hitch, 19" wheels
Picking up in Cincinnati OH

same config but ordered 1/8 and nothing so far - frustrating

Interesting - I drove from Sacramento to San Diego over weekend to see my Daughter and passed at least half a dozen car carriers with Tesla's on then. So you SoCal folks may be in for a treat