Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
39FA7818-C905-4581-959C-E13649389CCF.jpeg
Delivered this afternoon! I had a checklist but was too excited to go over everything (plus I had to get back to work). Everything appeared perfect and I definitely took the scenic route back.

As I promised, a quick update regarding delivery. I took deliver yesterday and it was, as expected, an easy process. Of note ...
  • My visual inspection of the vehicle revealed nothing out of place. No missing caps in the second row (as some others have reported), no panel gaps, no paint issues, etc. In a nutshell, the MY7 seemed to be in perfect shape.
  • As others have reported. I have the updated heated steering wheel and center console (I would have been shocked to NOT have them). No updated headlights or HEPA filter.
Overall, both my wife and I are incredibly happy with the car. We're looking for excuses to run errands now.

Best of luck to all in CA and the west coast. I'm a great example of a quick turnaround between VIN notification and vehicle delivery (3 days between receiving a VIN and delivery). I bet many of you will fall into that category as well.
Huh. I had my delivery scheduled for this past Tuesday and my car was stuck on the train. New delivery day is Thursday (tomorrow).

Reactions: Anser
Huh. I had my delivery scheduled for this past Tuesday and my car was stuck on the train. New delivery day is Thursday (tomorrow).
My delivery is scheduled for Friday 3/26 morning and I am planning a 3000 mile road trip in the MY leaving in the afternoon. Yesterday, mine was also on a train passing thru Idaho heading east to Chicago. Hope I get it in time, otherwise my trusty Highlander hybrid is up for the job, albeit in a much boring, but cushier way.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
This is my first time going through this. I just want to make sure I have done everything I need to prior to getting a VIN. On the Tesla account website, under Next Steps tab, I uploaded a picture of my insurance card. I cannot progress past this screen. I am planning to pay in full via a checking or savings account, but I never entered the specific account information anywhere. It says under "Next Steps" they will contact me to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.

So is there anything else I need to do, or am I good to just wait for now?

Thanks!

Ordered 2/2 LR black, white interior, 7 seater, 20”, no hitch no fsd. Account still doesn’t show a vin but spoke with my SA a few min ago and was told her system shows a soft match and delivery scheduled for the 30th. She explained the soft match was basically it’s in the process or scheduled to be built, currently in parts so that’s why there’s no vin assignment. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is my first time going through this. I just want to make sure I have done everything I need to prior to getting a VIN. On the Tesla account website, under Next Steps tab, I uploaded a picture of my insurance card. I cannot progress past this screen. I am planning to pay in full via a checking or savings account, but I never entered the specific account information anywhere. It says under "Next Steps" they will contact me to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.

So is there anything else I need to do, or am I good to just wait for now?

Thanks!
It looks like you've done what you need to do for now. I got an email (it was also on my account) to may my final payment. You can only pay by entering in checking account info so you're good!

Change of plans! Classic Tesla, they told me I have a VIN! I feel bad for those who are anxiously wanting it. I honestly didn't want one :) I haven't completed paperwork or even entered payment info for the RN....but the VIN is plain as day on the site. I may be convinced to just go YOLO and take delivery now. But this is superextra pushy.
151xxx, Seattle, Ordered the first minute the site opened day of unveil, LRAWD, white, white, 7-seat, 19, FSD (hitch did not exist back then so adding post delivery). For our M3 a couple years ago, our DS was Stephen V, and delivery experience at Sodo Seattle was an "11".

Oh no, really?! Well, paying for the car is the first step so that has to come before the 28th! Sending positive vibesi

Change of plans! Classic Tesla, they told me I have a VIN! I feel bad for those who are anxiously wanting it. I honestly didn't want one :) I haven't completed paperwork or even entered payment info for the RN....but the VIN is plain as day on the site. I may be convinced to just go YOLO and take delivery now. But this is superextra pushy.
151xxx, Seattle, Ordered the first minute the site opened day of unveil, LRAWD, white, white, 7-seat, 19, FSD (hitch did not exist back then so adding post delivery). For our M3 a couple years ago, our DS was Stephen V, and delivery experience at Sodo Seattle was an "11".
This is wonderful! Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: duran505
Haha, definitely a little jealous. I'm anxiously awaiting my VIN...pickup for me will be Renton. I have the same configuration except black interior. Ordered 2/3

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Placed my order 3/12 for MYLR, White, White interior, 20" wheels in the Bay Area but didn't feel quite confident I would receive it before the quarter ended given how many people are in queue on the google doc.

Checked the existing inventory nearby in the Bay Area and there were (and still are!) several non-demo vehicles in blue and red with my same specs. Placed a separate order for blue and spoke to a SA-- VIN is already showing on my account & MVPA. MVPA shows 15 miles on the vehicle, VIN 157xxx. I initially wanted blue, so it works out!

I've been reading that the vehicles listed here may not meet quality standards...I'm hoping that's not the case. We'll see what happens! Just waiting for someone to contact me for delivery.

So... my vin showed up this morning, then late this afternoon I got a text saying it would be delivered to my house in 2-4 days. Strange thing is that back when I ordered, it would not let me choose home delivery and said I have to pick up from showroom (3 hours away). Not that I'm complaining; just unexpected.
I'm guessing this is their way of somewhat guaranteeing I take delivery before end if quarter? Anyone else have this happen?

Still in the #TeamNoVINGroup
I've been refreshing my order page since I woke up this morning 😫 SA told me I should get the car end of the month but who knows =(
Order Date : 1/21/21
MY SR
White Ext , Black Int
19 in" Gemini
Tow Hitch

This is my exact Config and almost my exact order date except I went with the LR.
I just got off the phone with Tesla and they said based on their projection tool I may be delayed until June.

June?!?

What was disconcerting is apparently there are exact match vehicles that are pre production (nearly complete with vins issued) that they may be able to match me with if I canceled my order and started a fresh order. I would forfeit my deposit and would have to pay the current MY price ($1000 more than my current price) but I may be able to get something delivered in the next week or so.

The rep I spoke to was great, but it blew my mind that the only way to get Tesla to make good on our agreement (though still almost a month later than their initial worst case delivery projection) was to CANCEL my original agreement and pay a higher price.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any suggestions or solutions you have been made aware of?

I really dislike that I have to be the one to call and try to needle info out of the company that, in my opinion, should be offered up freely to the buyers. Fortunately the Tesla Rep I spoke to is on it and has been incredibly helpful in navigating the inner workings.

One last thing I found interesting was he mentioned that Tesla’s normal quarterly model dedicates the first two months of car production to overseas orders and the final month of the quarter to domestic delivery. This will most likely change with the China and Berlin factories starting to lessen the strain and local production should even out once Texas starts to see cars roll out toward the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: jendegooze
This is my exact Config and almost my exact order date except I went with the LR.
I just got off the phone with Tesla and they said based on their projection tool I may be delayed until June.

June?!?

What was disconcerting is apparently there are exact match vehicles that are pre production (nearly complete with vins issued) that they may be able to match me with if I canceled my order and started a fresh order. I would forfeit my deposit and would have to pay the current MY price ($1000 more than my current price) but I may be able to get something delivered in the next week or so.

The rep I spoke to was great, but it blew my mind that the only way to get Tesla to make good on our agreement (though still almost a month later than their initial worst case delivery projection) was to CANCEL my original agreement and pay a higher price.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any suggestions or solutions you have been made aware of?

I really dislike that I have to be the one to call and try to needle info out of the company that, in my opinion, should be offered up freely to the buyers. Fortunately the Tesla Rep I spoke to is on it and has been incredibly helpful in navigating the inner workings.

One last thing I found interesting was he mentioned that Tesla’s normal quarterly model dedicates the first two months of car production to overseas orders and the final month of the quarter to domestic delivery. This will most likely change with the China and Berlin factories starting to lessen the strain and local production should even out once Texas starts to see cars roll out toward the end of the year.
Huh? Why wouldn’t you just be in line for one of those Ys just about to be assigned a VIN? That’s just bizarre.
I have the exact same config btw, nice taste 😄

Reactions: jendegooze