Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/9/2021

I ordered a white/black/19/fsd/tow but never got a VIN. I saw a new inventory car a few hours from me which was white/white/19/fsd/no tow and had my SA swap it out yesterday morning.
Congratulations! What a good idea. I just checked for inventory and there are a couple ideal cars near me on inventory. They are actually about $500-1000 cheaper even though they have an option or two I don't have (one by paint, and the other by interior color.) Both cars have "Less than 50 mile odometer." What is the catch, if any??

Reactions: mdcone
Congratulations! What a good idea. I just checked for inventory and there are a couple ideal cars near me on inventory. They are actually about $500-1000 cheaper even though they have an option or two I don't have (one by paint, and the other by interior color.) Both cars have "Less than 50 mile odometer." What is the catch, if any??
Thanks! Zero catch as far as I can tell! They are new and I think the default value for miles on brand new cars are that “Less than 50…”.

Go grab one!

Reactions: Consult
Hi everyone, congratulations on getting updates on your orders, VINs etc. Would appreciate if you guys could provide your order date so those of us who ordered more recently might have some perspective on timing. Thanks and good luck!!
Model Y, LR, 7-Seater, AWD, Dark Metallic Grey, Black Interior, Tow, 20" Wheels, Ordered 2/1/2021, VIN assigned on 3/25, Delivered on 3/27

STORY TIME!!! On the phone now with the SC and found out that they gave my car to someone else! Now my grant is set to expire today and they are saying that they'll try to match me with a vin, but all available cars are up north and carry a $500 delivery fee. They'll call me back in an hour while they try to see what they can do...
Woah, not cool! I'm sorry to hear this. They should waive the $500 delivery fee for their screwup. If your grant expires today, can you call to extend?

Reactions: Consult and Axeman
STORY TIME!!! On the phone now with the SC and found out that they gave my car to someone else! Now my grant is set to expire today and they are saying that they'll try to match me with a vin, but all available cars are up north and carry a $500 delivery fee. They'll call me back in an hour while they try to see what they can do...
That is not cool at all! Sorry to hear that. You definitely should not have to pay for the delivery.

Not sure how anybody gets any information without a vin. I've asked my SA and he said they just are waiting for a VIN as well.

Have called and talked to multiple Tesla reps on the phone and all they seem to be able to do is look at existing inventory for a match.

Where does this "soft match" for a vin soon stuff come up? Have also been checking the page source for the encodedVin field and nothing (not sure if it's even relevant this year).

I'm obviously a little earlier than some here though,

Ordered 3/6 for a MY LR 7, Blue / Black, No tow, 19", FSD

Hope you get a vin , but in the larger scheme of things - Congrats! The R1S is seems nice (i have a reservation) and Rivian seems like a solid player in the EV
After looking at their trucks, i am totally intrigued, especially with the range they are offering. They are also really working on adding to the charging network. I think they are players for sure, especially if they deliver on the Amazon and USPS orders.