Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Story time! Last night I noticed that my account said pay final payment again and the adjustment for my grant was gone. The next morning as soon as the SC was open, I called and asked what was going on. I was told that since there was a change to my account my vin was released. Meaning they gave someone else my car!, BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Then like I've already shared with you all, they offered to match me ASAP but they only had cars up north that required a $500 transport fee. The Nice guy at the SC told me that he would talk to his manager to figure it out for me when I reminded him that my grant was still an issue and that it expired today! He said, "TODAY! " then I said "today" he then told me to give him an hour to straighten this out. Almost exactly an hour later I get an email saying your vin is in! He calls back a few seconds later to confirm. He asks if everything was good and I tell him yes. He says, let me look and see where your car is....... hmm.... it looks like.... it'sssss...... HERE! would you like to pick up today? Y'all know what I said! Anyways everything moved light speed and I'm home with my car! It looks good, only complaint was the door handles are not sitting flush, they're a little pushed in.
Awesome Congratulations!!

Reactions: Axeman
Story time! Last night I noticed that my account said pay final payment again and the adjustment for my grant was gone. The next morning as soon as the SC was open, I called and asked what was going on. I was told that since there was a change to my account my vin was released. Meaning they gave someone else my car!, BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Then like I've already shared with you all, they offered to match me ASAP but they only had cars up north that required a $500 transport fee. The Nice guy at the SC told me that he would talk to his manager to figure it out for me when I reminded him that my grant was still an issue and that it expired today! He said, "TODAY! " then I said "today" he then told me to give him an hour to straighten this out. Almost exactly an hour later I get an email saying your vin is in! He calls back a few seconds later to confirm. He asks if everything was good and I tell him yes. He says, let me look and see where your car is....... hmm.... it looks like.... it'sssss...... HERE! would you like to pick up today? Y'all know what I said! Anyways everything moved light speed and I'm home with my car! It looks good, only complaint was the door handles are not sitting flush, they're a little pushed in.

Wow... Congrats. Was keeping an eye for you. Share a few pics when you can...

Here's my story, probably a little crazier than yours :)

If you guys recall, I was asked to cancel my MY order because I placed an MX order since my wife got a job. Today, I was looking at the inventory, found a car that matched my earlier specs (red ext, black int) with less than 50 miles. I checked its not a demo vehicle. Called Portland Tesla and they said a new order needs to be placed. Me and my wife discussed for 5 minutes about if getting MX is the right thing given it costs 45K more and how it is better to save it for our upcoming baby (yes, we are due in August). We ended up placing an order, immediately got assigned a VIN (150xxx), finished all the loan etc. The same j*** SA called (who made me to cancel my MY order) saying it will delivered to my home on 3/31. Glad that they aren't delivering it tomorrow (or are they?) as I will be out getting CoVID vaccine.

Now my MX order is still there... Lost a few bucks in this whole ordering and canceling but I am getting what meets my current needs.

That’s a good idea. How much time did you have in looking it over? I heard many times they drop off the car and leave after a few minutes.
I was told I can only look from the outside and that I have to complete the purchase to check out the interior. However, the guy who dropped it off was pretty chill. There's only so much to look at, so it didn't take too long. Nothing obvious and definitely nothing that made me want to reject delivery. In addition to handing over the cashier's check, I also had to sign a couple of documents. He then grabbed an Uber and took off. Whole process was pretty smooth.

Hey all - just checking in. Ordered on 1/8/21, no VIN yet. White ext / black int / 19" wheels / Tow hitch / Autopilot

I received a call from Tesla on Thursday informing me it would be at least another month due to "parts delays". Anybody else get this line? It's been 12 weeks since order and I'm getting tired. There are around 10 seven-seat orders in the spreadsheet that are older than mine which don't have VIN's yet. I have no idea of the accuracy of that data (I can imagine people get their car and lose sight completely of the spreadsheet).

If the Mach E had seven seats I'd probably be canceling my order with Tesla and making a new one with Ford.
Message me directly about this if you haven’t already found resolution. I am in the same boat (with the exact same config) and was able to connect with a team of Tesla agents that are now updating me daily regarding cars that they can match me with. Today they said there are several in pre production that they hope to manually connect me with as soon as their system allows it.

Good morning. I am so glad to see all the VINS being added! Hopefully the unmatched will see something today.

I ordered my LY Model Y 7 seater, white, white, tow, FSD on 1/8 in central FL. Received a VIN 3/12. Picked up the car yesterday as it took a little longer to get here. My SA was awesome, always kept in touch. A slight twist was that we gave our son our newer car and he traded in his old car to Tesla. My son lives in Michigan so timing of the trade in was key. We also had to make sure the plate transfer for us is on the car we gave to our son, not his old car trade in. Fun times! It all worked out and we could not be happier with the car. We did have an issue with the sound after the software update (back speakers stopped working) but an hour later when we stepped into the car they were back on. I just mention this in case it happens to any of you.

Good luck with your deliveries and hope we can all enjoy the ride!

Congratulations!!!

And just like that, in one day, went from not knowing when would get our tesla to having it delivered to our driveway at 9 pm tonight. Car is great!! only two small things to take care of (will give a more thorough look in the morning). Very happy with delivery person - he stayed and answered all our questions and walked us through what we needed to do on our end- he was exceptional!!

Will post picture when get a chance in the morning

Thank you all for your support and a forum to get question answer and speed up the learning curve :)
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Thank you. Any word on yours?
Yes. Thank you for asking! Yesterday my car had already arrived in Colorado Springs, had gone through the inspection, and was ready to be delivered. I am supposed to get a call from delivery person to schedule delivery. The Tesla rep was surprised the delivery person hadn't already called me, though. I assume I will get the call today or it just shows up at my house 😬 I will definitely be calling Tesla again this afternoon.

I received the same error as you. Took delivery on Saturday. Tested out the third row by reclining the second row passenger side seat forward. After setting the second row passenger seat back in it's place, the Second Row seat is not locked on floor error popped up. After multiple failed attempts of pushing seat base up and then down, the message went away. I've scheduled a service appointment for this Wednesday to have them take a look at this an uneven frunk, chipped dashboard, and uneven gap in the rear). Hope these things get taken care of.
Hey just to let you know, they need to replace the sensor that reads if the seat is locked. They don’t have a eta as they are waiting for the part to be shipped. If they need to replace the sensor, make sure you ask for a loaner because I still don’t have my car.

Yes. Thank you for asking! Yesterday my car had already arrived in Colorado Springs, had gone through the inspection, and was ready to be delivered. I am supposed to get a call from delivery person to schedule delivery. The Tesla rep was surprised the delivery person hadn't already called me, though. I assume I will get the call today or it just shows up at my house 😬 I will definitely be calling Tesla again this afternoon.
Ya we got a text at 8 pm to pick up and by time we packed up kids in car and we’re driving down our driveway the delivery guys called and said I have you new Tesla at the gate. So we met him at gate and he followed us to our house. Delivery person was great and gave us all time we needed to look over and answer our questions

I hope all goes well for you !!

• Love
Reactions: duran505 and beeb
Dammnnn, congrats! So much drama with Tesla, but very happy you finally received your car!

Dammnnn, congrats! So much drama with Tesla, but very happy you finally received your car!
AND THAT'S NOT ALL! After my delivery was scheduled, it was on my order management page with the tesla address. So I arranged a ride and got there 30 minutes early. I waited at this sign at the front door as seen in the picture. About 15 minutes pass by before someone comes to greet me. They try to lead me away from the door to show me a car as if I'm buying. I said, no I'm picking up a delivery. He says that's about a mile away down the road, this is the show room... My ride was gone and I thought, great! What could happen next! Then he tells me to go inside and he'll be right with me to help soon. Then he grabs the couple behind me and walks away to show them a car. Now I'm sitting inside waiting about 5 minutes wondering when is this dude planning to come back! Then I hear a voice from behind me say, have you been helped? So I tell him the situation, then he feels the need to explain to me what the other guy did about this being a show room and pickup is about a mile away. He then says I should have received a text with that information. I assured him that I did not receive any text at all! He then looks deep into my souls as if to judge the truthfulness of my heart. He then says, what's your phone number, as he looks up my account. This whole time I'm thinking now my appointment is about 20 minutes away! Can we fix this! He then says that the text is automated and should have come. So I decide to end this game by throwing my Trump card. I said, I never received a text and I was dropped off here, where do we go from here? He then says, no worries I'll order you an uber. He does so and now I'm starting to feel the stress release. The uber guy gets there and we're off to pick up my MY. So the moral to the story is @duran505 and anyone else that didn't receive a text. Make sure you know where your pickup location is.

Attachments

• 20210329_154830.jpg
    20210329_154830.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 59
AND THAT'S NOT ALL! After my delivery was scheduled, it was on my order management page with the tesla address. So I arranged a ride and got there 30 minutes early. I waited at this sign at the front door as seen in the picture. About 15 minutes pass by before someone comes to greet me. They try to lead me away from the door to show me a car as if I'm buying. I said, no I'm picking up a delivery. He says that's about a mile away down the road, this is the show room... My ride was gone and I thought, great! What could happen next! Then he tells me to go inside and he'll be right with me to help soon. Then he grabs the couple behind me and walks away to show them a car. Now I'm sitting inside waiting about 5 minutes wondering when is this dude planning to come back! Then I hear a voice from behind me say, have you been helped? So I tell him the situation, then he feels the need to explain to me what the other guy did about this being a show room and pickup is about a mile away. He then says I should have received a text with that information. I assured him that I did not receive any text at all! He then looks deep into my souls as if to judge the truthfulness of my heart. He then says, what's your phone number, as he looks up my account. This whole time I'm thinking now my appointment is about 20 minutes away! Can we fix this! He then says that the text is automated and should have come. So I decide to end this game by throwing my Trump card. I said, I never received a text and I was dropped off here, where do we go from here? He then says, no worries I'll order you an uber. He does so and now I'm starting to feel the stress release. The uber guy gets there and we're off to pick up my MY. So the moral to the story is @duran505 and anyone else that didn't receive a text. Make sure you know where your pickup location is.
Congratz and like the others said damn so much drama. I'm praying that I don't have these issues but I already have ordering processing issues like order stuck and etc that I had to work out with SA.

Reactions: mdcone and Axeman
Updated: I got my LR7 white/white last Thurs in Costa Mesa, CA. I am not too picky but the car is near perfect, I didn’t see any major imperfection.
There’s tiny hole on the back seat that my wife noticed and will have the chair replaced this Thurs.
One other thing is that when I turn, there’s a sound like there’s loose object on the driver side rolling inside. I will ask the SC guy to check it out.

Attachments

• F124AD70-D82D-4238-833C-5BCB6D533108.jpeg
    F124AD70-D82D-4238-833C-5BCB6D533108.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 37
Good to know. Was it the express site in Buena Park? I am going there tomorrow.

Reactions: Axeman