Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery Report:

The Car is Awesome! Overall fit and finish is very good. Driving it is infinitely better than my old ICE. I did find a bunch of very minor issues and have a service appointment set up for next Monday. I tried to upload pictures of everything to the app, which meant I needed to add more than 5 pictures. For most of these, if they didn't correct, I would be fine. Generally:

1. Front Right Joint between door, quarter panel, and windshield trim not prefect @ the side view mirror;
  2. Tail lights do not align perfectly between hatch back / trunk and car side panels;
  3. Door trims misaligned
    1. 1/8" to 1/16" both sides;
  4. Inconsistent gap between the the top trim and and back right window trim, both sides;
    1. Up to 1/8" issue;
  5. Tape on back right tail light (where he light returns to the trunk);
  6. Passenger side door handle not perfectly flush;
    1. 1/16" issue;
  7. Interior trim at joint between hatch back and glass roof has plastic or something hanging down;
  8. Passenger side rear door black trim @ window, exterior, has minor finish issues;
  9. Wheel well alignment not perfectly consistent against bottom side trim, all 4 locations;
    1. 1/16 to 1/8" issue;
In looking at our other car - Mazda CX-5, I think some of the alignment issues I'm pointing out seem to be within industry standard for that car, for sure. Specifically the tail light and side view mirror issues seems to be not atypical in cars I've been looking at since having taken delivery. Everything above needs a fine eye, nothing is eggregious.
Great run down of what you've documented. Were you able to test moving the passenger side second row seat forward (as to get into third row) and tilting it up, then restoring seat back to it's position? Hopefully you don't receive any non-locking alerts like I did (got resolved today after taking it into Tesla service).

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Took delivery today on my way home from a vacation and then drove it for 4 hours the rest of the way home. It’s perfect, I haven’t noticed any issues with manufacturing.

I did notice that the superchargers I used charged much slower than I expected, even with preconditioning. One was a v2, the other v3 and they were maxing out at around 300ish miles per hour. I’m not sure if it’s because of my battery level but it was just something I didn’t expect.

Another thing I noticed was that the app has all 7 seats with heat control though the car only shows 5. Maybe there’s a software update soon which will enable the back two from the car?? The app responds just fine to touches, but I didn’t check to see if it actually heats the rear seats.
interesting my app only shows 5

Great run down of what you've documented. Were you able to test moving the passenger side second row seat forward (as to get into third row) and tilting it up, then restoring seat back to it's position? Hopefully you don't receive any non-locking alerts like I did (got resolved today after taking it into Tesla service).
I was. No issues at all with the second row. I did specifically ask the delivery team to review second row functionality before delivering it to me based on posts I’ve read here - I’m guessing yours. The Delivery agent @ Costa Mesa told me they were aware of such issues and checking specifically for them.

Originally ordered more than a year ago...order last modified (incorrectly, they now have me down for a 5-seater) by Tesla on March 26th, 2021. No VIN, but I have an estimated delivery of April 14-May 2nd

Just left another voice message for my sales advisor...

My order is now stating: Estimated Delivery: May 22 - June 11​

Placed an order Mar 14 2019!
Dang, I had hoped all of the 2019 orders had been processed by the end of March. Has your order been altered since you first placed it?
I have refreshed a few times this morning and I still don’t show estimated delivery dates.

I’m not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing.
I spoke to someone yesterday and they said there are several 7seaters in pre production and he estimates I will see a vin around april 19th and delivery a week or so later.
I’m hopefully but not holding my breath as I was told the EXACT same delivery dates For March.

ordered 1/23/21
W/B/19s/tow

Good to hear yours is resolved. I received an update yesterday and they are replacing the sensor and seat because the seat also doesn’t fold down. So I’ll be 2 weeks w/o the car :(. At first I didn’t mind because my PPF install is not until 4/12. The car sitting at service will limit the chance of getting road chips but then I realized the car will be in the shop for almost another week getting the PPF, so that’s almost 3 weeks. The delivery day was such a teaser.

omg I just got a vin and an updated delivery time. If anyone got a delivery time update today, worth refreshing your Account page. Was originally mid month of April and just update to ASAP

Ordered 03/06
Vin: 145XXX

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 2.33.36 PM.png

Also re-sharing EchoDelta's checklist from page 106 as I'm gonna go ahead and print this
and the github: polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist

Hey all - I modded a checklist I had done for our Model 3 for a Model Y 7-seat, thought I might share.
I like printing it (it fits in one sheet) and having a blue or red pen to check off boxes.
Remember to make a copy if you will edit it.
Printable Delivery Checklist for Model Y 7-seater early 2021

Last edited:
omg I just got a vin and an updated delivery time. If anyone got a delivery time update today, worth refreshing your Account page. Was originally mid month of April and just update to ASAP

Ordered 03/06

View attachment 650322

Also re-sharing EchoDelta's checklist from page 106 as I'm gonna go ahead and print this

Congrats, still waiting on our match. MYLR Black/White/20”/7 seat/no fsd, no tow. Were told we were soft matched for the 30th, that day came and went. Then was told looking at early April. At this point I’m over fabricated dates haha

Reactions: kentoe

Ordered 03/06

View attachment 650322

and the github: polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist
Wonder why the VIN is so low? I’m guessing you should be getting a call soon to schedule delivery with those dates showing.

Reactions: kentoe
Just checked my bank account and tesla left me one last surprise! They charged me twice for my MY. Just finished straightening it out. If you financed 3rd party or payed using a check, take a look at your account. My bank told me that tesla put my check through twice!

Just checked my bank account and tesla left me one last surprise! They charged me twice for my MY. Just finished straightening it out. If you financed 3rd party or payed using a check, take a look at your account. My bank told me that tesla put my check through twice!
Seems like the news is right, they're double charging. But how is it possible a bank would let two withdraws of the same check to go through? That's almost like a fraudulent thing they should've caught it the second time.