Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
April 12th order date, delivery updated again this morning

Originally October 22 - January 22
1st Update: December 22 - March 23
2nd Update: November 19th - January 14th

I honestly have no idea what I'll end up doing with this order - we ended up picking up a CPO Infiniti QX60 as our second vehicle - wife wanted something with 3 rows that resembled her minivan that we got rid of last year, ended up hating the 2 row Mercedes that she traded it in for, sold the Mercedes for essentially what I paid for it a year later and picked up the Infiniti to use primarily in the times that we pick up an extra kid from school for a play date, or her parents go to dinner with us and we all want to fit in one vehicle - and for the space when we drive 10 hours on vacation. I'd wager it will get less than 5k miles per year on it.

Will probably all come down to how much I can get for my 21 Model 3 LR when that time comes. If I can sell it or trade it in and the price essentially end up being a wash, I may do that and just have two 7 passenger vehicles - otherwise my options are eating the $250, selling the reservation (not even sure how that works, though I know people do it) or taking delivery and trying to immediately sell for profit.

Last edited:
April 12th order date, delivery updated again this morning

Originally October 22 - January 22
1st Update: December 22 - March 23
2nd Update: November 19th - January 14th

I honestly have no idea what I'll end up doing with this order - we ended up picking up a CPO Infiniti QX60 as our second vehicle - wife wanted something with 3 rows that resembled her minivan that we got rid of last year, ended up hating the 2 row Mercedes that she traded it in for, sold the Mercedes for essentially what I paid for it a year later and picked up the Infiniti to use primarily in the times that we pick up an extra kid from school for a play date, or her parents go to dinner with us and we all want to fit in one vehicle - and for the space when we drive 10 hours on vacation. I'd wager it will get less than 5k miles per year on it.

Will probably all come down to how much I can get for my 21 Model 3 LR when that time comes. If I can sell it or trade it in and the price essentially end up being a wash, I may do that and just have two 7 passenger vehicles - otherwise my options are eating the $250, selling the reservation (not even sure how that works, though I know people do it) or taking delivery and trying to immediately sell for profit.
I’m tired of waiting as well. If the car doesn’t get delivered by Aug, I’ll prob pick up a 7 seater used ICE. The only reason I’m still holding on to this reservation is because I secured October 2021 pricing.

Yeah, I know. I prefer not to ICE… but my driving situation has changed since Oct 2021. My new company provides a car and pays for gas. But I still need a 7 seater. I’m willing to pay for gas for those occasional trips that require a 7 seater.
My company doesn't pay for gas, but with my MYLR7S coming in at close to 70k all said and done, we are in a similar boat to you in that the 7 seater is for occasional trips and vacations...and picked the CPO Infiniti for a shade under 40k. I'd much rather have the Y, but I'm not sure that 30k gas cost will ever be made up.

Reactions: fishy21
My company doesn't pay for gas, but with my MYLR7S coming in at close to 70k all said and done, we are in a similar boat to you in that the 7 seater is for occasional trips and vacations...and picked the CPO Infiniti for a shade under 40k. I'd much rather have the Y, but I'm not sure that 30k gas cost will ever be made up.
If it’s way too expensive for you don’t buy one. Very simple

Reactions: PeloDaveInKY
same here. I’m looking at $40-50k on a CPO. Out the door will be around $67k for the MY7.

I’m just tired of the games…. Clearly they are producing cars, they just choose to fulfill more profitable orders first.

Reactions: bluewhite79
Umm guys. I'm shook lol. My Delivery dates went from May 2022 (after adding FSD) to Sep to Jan 2023, to Dec to Mar 2023 yesterday, and today I suddenly got an email asking for final payment before delivery. Checked my delivery date and it's June 22 - June 26. This came out of no where and completely unexpected. My OD is March 12, 2022. No VIN yet.

Here's my spec out - MY7S, MSM, White Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow, FSD

Anyone else go through this? Also should i believe Tesla lol? That 1 week EDD seems promising.

Reactions: Tezla.
Umm guys. I'm shook lol. My Delivery dates went from May 2022 (after adding FSD) to Sep to Jan 2023, to Dec to Mar 2023 yesterday, and today I suddenly got an email asking for final payment before delivery. Checked my delivery date and it's June 22 - June 26. This came out of no where and completely unexpected. My OD is March 12, 2022. No VIN yet.

Here's my spec out - MY7S, MSM, White Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow, FSD

Anyone else go through this? Also should i believe Tesla lol? That 1 week EDD seems promising.
March OD and delivery date set? Man FSD and elon worked for you. People are still waiting from August last year. Happy for you tho

Reactions: ItsToasty
March OD and delivery date set? Man FSD and elon worked for you. People are still waiting from August last year. Happy for you tho
dude i'm shook myself. Because i was for sure expecting a lot longer of a wait time the way things were going and the fact that people are still waiting from last year. But yeah.. maybe the FSD rumours are still true..