Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coolio. Just asked how to check for hidden vin as I heard there is some sort of scraper that finds it?
I downloaded the tesla app onto my phone. When I log on to it, the V
Congrats but also a huge sigh...you ordered a full 32 days after me and the forums are filled with similar people. Why can't orders be fulfilled in the order that they were taken so at least it can feel legit. I mean isn't that what all of you honestly thought when you hit that submit button? It's like standing in line for bread and you're doing your best as you can see that it is a long line, but you can also constantly see people just randomly cut in line and get their bread including people that just recently arrived at the store. That's sort of how I feel right now. This site is a blessing and a curse in that way, blessing as you can share the pain of your fellow people in line and a curse as you can see all the happy people walking out of the store with their bread and know that they didn't wait in line as long. I'm sure that there will still be some May/June/August stragglers in here as March wears on. Not bagging on you Daddoe123 in particular and I am happy for you just sayin'...

Congrats but also a huge sigh...you ordered a full 32 days after me and the forums are filled with similar people. Why can't orders be fulfilled in the order that they were taken so at least it can feel legit. I mean isn't that what all of you honestly thought when you hit that submit button? It's like standing in line for bread and you're doing your best as you can see that it is a long line, but you can also constantly see people just randomly cut in line and get their bread including people that just recently arrived at the store. That's sort of how I feel right now. This site is a blessing and a curse in that way, blessing as you can share the pain of your fellow people in line and a curse as you can see all the happy people walking out of the store with their bread and know that they didn't wait in line as long. I'm sure that there will still be some May/June/August stragglers in here as March wears on. Not bagging on you Daddoe123 in particular and I am happy for you just sayin'...
I feel you. There is absolutely no logic as to what orders get filled first... at least none that makes sense to me. I definitely agree that those who ordered first should get their car first. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait... perhaps you'll get an Austin build with the new battery pack? If you live in the west coast... um... sorry? :)

Reactions: Antonius138
Yeah, unfortunately Tesla builds in batches (paint color, MYP, 7-seaters, etc), vs other (ICE, at least) car manufacturers who have a just-in-time Toyota Kata type of system, where each car coming through is different, and the correct parts are delivered when the assemblers need them. It’s pretty cool, but yeah, Tesla isn’t there. They may need to get there once they have real competition, but for now they can do whatever they want because there’s a line of people ready to buy their cars.

I feel you. There is absolutely no logic as to what orders get filled first... at least none that makes sense to me. I definitely agree that those who ordered first should get their car first. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait... perhaps you'll get an Austin build with the new battery pack? If you live in the west coast... um... sorry? :)
I agree provided they did not put a hold on their delivery after the VIN is assigned. Many of them put a hold to get a better upgrade with the old price these orders should go back to last in line; so that they can get an even better upgrade.

Yeah I'm in Oregon so no such luck if I am to believe that Austin will supply west of the rockies...

Yeah, unfortunately Tesla builds in batches (paint color, MYP, 7-seaters, etc), vs other (ICE, at least) car manufacturers who have a just-in-time Toyota Kata type of system, where each car coming through is different, and the correct parts are delivered when the assemblers need them. It’s pretty cool, but yeah, Tesla isn’t there. They may need to get there once they have real competition, but for now they can do whatever they want because there’s a line of people ready to buy their cars.
Yeah hence my comments about 7 seaters being built by Smurfs like for two hours a week. I'm trying to apply manufacturing logic from when I worked for a small sit stand desk manufacturer to Tesla and that road leads to ruin.

Yeah hence my comments about 7 seaters being built by Smurfs like for two hours a week. I'm trying to apply manufacturing logic from when I worked for a small sit stand desk manufacturer to Tesla and that road leads to ruin.
Hah, yeah I used to work for a small (but growing) circuit board manufacturer. Batch processing is fine when you’re only making a few widgets, but terribly inefficient when you’re making lots of widgets, so I have no idea what kind of logic they’re working off of. Probably just a “we can afford to do whatever we want” type of logic.

Spoke to Tesla; he said they are pushing as many vehicles before the quarter-end. He if do not get VIN within 5-7 days then most likely I will get another EOD. No VIN is yet assigned from the Austin factory and they still waiting for final approval. Some vehicles are shipped and are now at service station lots waiting for VIN assignment. Without even asking for information on the latest upgrades; he said all Y models shipped from CA will come with AMD, Li-Battery, and heated wipers.

Thank you for sharing. I hope my EDD recent move to June will return back to April or May latest lol.

Hah, yeah I used to work for a small (but growing) circuit board manufacturer. Batch processing is fine when you’re only making a few widgets, but terribly inefficient when you’re making lots of widgets, so I have no idea what kind of logic they’re working off of. Probably just a “we can afford to do whatever we want” type of logic.
My red MYLR 7 EDD was just changed again this morning to March 9-23. Maybe ours are being made in the same batch.

Reactions: Otter2007
Hi all. New to forum.

Ontario, Canada
Ordered 11/26
Original delivery date May-June
Found out last week it was pushed to Mid March
As of today EDD March 11-17
Red, 7 seats, 20” wheels, full self driving
Talked to customer support yesterday I was told I was assigned a vehicle yesterday and he can see my VIN but will not give it to me yet as he said sometimes they become unassigned. He said just to wait for the text.

Do we think this EDD is true or can this still change? Thanks all.

Reactions: Otter2007
WTF. I ordered in April 21. . ETA July 22

LOL. WTF is wrong with Tesla.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn (in my best Chris Tucker voice) and I thought waiting since early September was too much. I'm sorry that it's taken so long for you. I knew there were some stragglers, but I didn't know there were people waiting since before May 2021. You should definitely be at the front of the line. Have you gotten anything from your SA? That SA should be buying you drinks every weekend.

Got my VIN today. I knew it was already on my account but I have not received a text, not showing in app and I wanted confirmation. So I called today and lady said she was going to send a text with my VIN and delivery requirements. She also said another text will be sent to me for delivery date once the car is closer to the border. Current EDD March 11-17.

Reactions: Otter2007 and RocY