Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting ridiculous. Is Tesla not making 7-seat any more? Why did they have a delivery estimate at all at time of order if it means nothing?
It is ridiculous. 8+ months waiting, then get pushed back every time you reach a delivery window with no explanation. No communication whatsoever. Supposedly people with less wait time and the same options selected managed to already get their cars somehow. About ready to give up on the 7-seat and switch to Performance just so I can get something this year. Probably would only use the 7-seat once or twice a year anyway.

Reactions: fishy21
It is ridiculous. 8+ months waiting, then get pushed back every time you reach a delivery window with no explanation. No communication whatsoever. Supposedly people with less wait time and the same options selected managed to already get their cars somehow. About ready to give up on the 7-seat and switch to Performance just so I can get something this year. Probably would only use the 7-seat once or twice a year anyway.
From what I can tell, without conducting a scientific study, one of two things are true for anyone that's gotten a 7-seater for an order placed after mine (Aug 6th).

#1: it has FSD
#2: on the rare exception #1 isn't true, it doesn't have tow

Yeah, I've considered other cars. Unfortunately, the prices are ridiculous and I'm not in the mood to let someone else rip me off. I was hoping for Jun/July but now it seems I'll be lucky if I even get it in the fall.

I read on Reddit that they have to change the production line for 7 seaters. So they don’t build them until they have enough orders. Not sure how accurate that is, since I’m July/Aug.
I'm pretty sure they have a lot of pending orders for 7 seaters, so not sure how accurate this is. Would have been nice if they used Austin to produce either 5 and/or 7 seater LRs to alleviate the backlog. Instead of using it to create another SR variant of the Y that is essentially leaving the factory as a waste of time and space. Seems like Tesla claims they are the role model of efficiency one minute and then do the opposite of Lean Six Sigma the next day.

From what I can tell, without conducting a scientific study, one of two things are true for anyone that's gotten a 7-seater for an order placed after mine (Aug 6th).

#1: it has FSD
#2: on the rare exception #1 isn't true, it doesn't have tow
Probably true. I have white paint + induction + tow. The FSD line jumping then canceling it really pisses me off. We were told last year to order the induction wheels or other upgrades and get your car faster. What a load of crap. My neighbor ordered a non-7-seater White with Gemini wheels and no options well after mine. Has had his car for nearly 3 months now.

I'm pretty sure they have a lot of pending orders for 7 seaters, so not sure how accurate this is. Would have been nice if they used Austin to produce either 5 and/or 7 seater LRs to alleviate the backlog. Instead of using it to create another SR variant of the Y that is essentially leaving the factory as a waste of time and space. Seems like Tesla claims they are the role model of efficiency one minute and then do the opposite of Lean Six Sigma the next day.
This is just dumb and pathetic. They open a new production line, only to produce another variant that isn't even available to purchase.

Ok, no more negativity. Let's just hope for a delivery soon.

Reactions: Alittleglow
I'm going with the first one is related to profile completion based on the context (Aug 19th for me) and the second is related to registration, which will probably be around 2022-12-25 at this rate.

Don't worry, Tesla will let us know if we need to do something.
I got reply for my text and it says my profile was completed on Nov 14 and just waiting for vin match. So dunno when they will be producing the car to match my order