Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at this rate i'm just observing for tracking purposes..... another reorganization update today....
OD: 12/09/2021
EDD: May 30 - June 27, Oct 2022 - Jan 2023, Jan 2023 - Apr 2023, Oct 2022 - Jan 2023, May 14 - May 28, June 1 - June 29, June 5 - 19, June 3 - 17, Nov 2022-Feb 2023

I am still holding on to my May27-July1 window. Got a message out of blue asking me if I have a car to trade. I msgd back asking if they have an update for me and I got the standard ‘check your app’ msg. I wouldn’t be surprised if my Edd gets pushed again.

Does having a car to trade in help or delay with delivery? Or it doesn’t matter at all ?

I do have a car to trade in but it’s not a must. I do want to see if it’s a good price to decide trade in or not. But if that May put me back to queue for saying I have a trade in I rather say I don’t have.

My profile complete date is February because that’s when I took over the account. But the order date is September. Tesla combined the order date, profile complete, configuration, and location for the EDD. It isn’t just one that solely effects EDD

Does having a car to trade in help or delay with delivery? Or it doesn’t matter at all ?

I do have a car to trade in but it’s not a must. I do want to see if it’s a good price to decide trade in or not. But if that May put me back to queue for saying I have a trade in I rather say I don’t have.
IMO with no real insight since I don’t work at tesla, it’s better to have your order set to cash and no trade ins. Figure all that once you get your VIN

It doesn't matter. When you get close to your EDD window it's common to get a text asking for trade-ins, but even that doesn't guarantee you'll be getting a VIN soon. As @Suns mentioned, as long as your order is set to cash you've effectively claimed your spot in line. The most convoluted and nonsensical line ever.

Reactions: Tezla.