Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent price increase - does anyone know if changing to a regular Model Y or Model Y Performance (from the MY7S that I have reserved) will get me the old pricing, or does that change me to the new pricing? Situation has changed a bit since original order and may not want/need the 7 seater now. I'm in the US if that matters.
If you ordered after Aug 1st then you will keep old pricing. There is a a whole thread about it.

Reactions: PeloDaveInKY
So I managed to snag a demo unit LRY-7 last week....unfortunately at the higher prices (sent in a request about price matching but expecting Tesla to tell me to pound sand). Exact same spec as the Y on order except the demo has a tow hitch. Supposed to be home delivered this weekend. My question is: is it a crapshoot whether this demo will come with a charging cord? It was built in early April, so before the 28 April cutoff for the change to no cords included.

So I managed to snag a demo unit LRY-7 last week....unfortunately at the higher prices (sent in a request about price matching but expecting Tesla to tell me to pound sand). Exact same spec as the Y on order except the demo has a tow hitch. Supposed to be home delivered this weekend. My question is: is it a crapshoot whether this demo will come with a charging cord? It was built in early April, so before the 28 April cutoff for the change to no cords included.
I picked up an inventory M3 after they removed the charger and still found it in the trunk. Don't ask them or raise awareness of it. You will likely get one. Seems like there is a shortage of chargers.

I picked up an inventory M3 after they removed the charger and still found it in the trunk. Don't ask them or raise awareness of it. You will likely get one. Seems like there is a shortage of chargers.
I figure if they used this demo for test drives/overnighters, it had a charging cord included with the car. Would seem petty for them to remove a used charging cord before delivering the demo.
I'm just hoping the demo is delivered in decent shape as it has over 4k miles on the odometer.

I figure if they used this demo for test drives/overnighters, it had a charging cord included with the car. Would seem petty for them to remove a used charging cord before delivering the demo.
I'm just hoping the demo is delivered in decent shape as it has over 4k miles on the odometer.
I picked up my Model 3 as a demo with 2k miles on it back in December. Overall it was in good shape. Only two issues of note, each was resolved pretty easily - badly curbed rim that they replaced before I took delivery (happened to have one on site) and a factory paint issue (red dot about the size of a pencil eraser) on the front passenger door that necessitated the door be repainted - did that a few months later at my convenience and gave me a rental car while it was being worked on. Overall a good experience, especially to get my car quicker.

• Informative
Reactions: bro1999
Pushed again from my fourth two-week window to a month.

Another forum poster who is located close to me got his car delivered in the beginning of June, despite ordering two months after me. The only difference between our orders was 20" wheels. They added FSD in May; I supposed I should have done the same thing.

Reactions: Aviateur17
May I asked which thread? I have a M3SR ordered last Nov w EDD of July. I'm thinking about switching it to M3LR for better resale value given the recent price increases.
If you read through any of the "Month" threads you will find numerous people making changes to their orders and they all get pricing honored at the time they placed their original order.

You can use this link to do the change yourself. There may be an increased Delivery fee but you won't be subjected to any price increases that have occured since November.
Link: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN######### Use your own unique RN# at the end of that URL.

Reactions: Senpai
Pushed again from my fourth two-week window to a month.

Another forum poster who is located close to me got his car delivered in the beginning of June, despite ordering two months after me. The only difference between our orders was 20" wheels. They added FSD in May; I supposed I should have done the same thing.
My EDD got pushed out a few days today, but narrowed down to less than 30 days. Same exact EDD as you. I'm out of town last week of July. Watch it get delivered then. Lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Stirfry
Delivery is moved up to tomorrow at 6:00. Car came in earlier than expected!!

I remember you got VIN after me. I just called and they said my car is still in Chicago and will be here in a couple days ;). Wondering if they are trying to reroute to someone else since I dropped FSD. Will see.
They are saying that my car is still stuck in Chicago. Not giving anymore information. Keep an eye on silver/black when you go to pick out later today.