Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to get impatient seeing all these deliveries. Placed my order on 10/23/2021 with a May 2022 EDD. This has since been pushed back repeatedly. My most recent EDD was a 35 day window from 10/6 to 11/5, but I just got a new EDD window of 11/8 to 12/13. I get that some of the people who ordered later than me and taken delivery might be closer to the factories (I'm in MN), but the constant delays are getting to me. Already called Tesla twice over the past 3 months, and they said they would "put in a note." Clearly that hasn't done anything. I wanted to trade in my Model 3, but with the timing, I'll likely have to repay the tab renewal on that vehicle right before trading it in.

Anyways, thanks for hearing me vent.
I still don't understand how some people have such a long wait. I get that some people get lucky and catch someone in the area who either can't pick up their car or someone cancels their order. So they get their car early but how are some people waiting for such a long time. Do you have some odd configuration, put your car on hold somewhere in the middle or forget to finish your profile after putting down your deposit?

I'm starting to get impatient seeing all these deliveries. Placed my order on 10/23/2021 with a May 2022 EDD. This has since been pushed back repeatedly. My most recent EDD was a 35 day window from 10/6 to 11/5, but I just got a new EDD window of 11/8 to 12/13. I get that some of the people who ordered later than me and taken delivery might be closer to the factories (I'm in MN), but the constant delays are getting to me. Already called Tesla twice over the past 3 months, and they said they would "put in a note." Clearly that hasn't done anything. I wanted to trade in my Model 3, but with the timing, I'll likely have to repay the tab renewal on that vehicle right before trading it in.

Is your signature out of date? I recently picked up my MYLR7 from Maplewood and it was a pleasant experience. They fixed all the minor issues I had. Tomorrow they are doing a driveway service at my home to fix the passenger side visor light that never worked.

Umm, I thought 3rd row doesn't have heated seat, only front and rear.

I saw a few reviews with heated seats in the 3rd. Do you mind double checking if yours has it? I never got around to checking mine before rejecting

Start at 11:30 in this second video

In other news I got a second VIN assigned to me. Fingers crossed this one will be flawless!!

11/2021 order date
9/25/2022 first vin
9/28/2022 second vin, delivery dates available are the 29th and 30th.

Got a Tesla call last night to say MY is at Buena Park, CA … we changed from home delivery to pick up at Buena Park. So this might end my reading of this blog … it was helpful to all who added to this. Was happy to see new post everyday. PATIENCE is what I kept telling my husband and also my sister who is waiting for her Plaid. It will come and you will forget the wait.

I saw a few reviews with heated seats in the 3rd. Do you mind double checking if yours has it? I never got around to checking mine before rejecting

Start at 11:30 in this second video

In other news I got a second VIN assigned to me. Fingers crossed this one will be flawless!!

11/2021 order date
9/25/2022 first vin
9/28/2022 second vin, delivery dates available are the 29th and 30th.
From what I read, there was a bug on the Tesla app which shows heated 3rd row. It's not there on the car's screen, and people tested it; it didn't work for them. Seats were not getting hot.
I don't see the option either on the app or the car's screen.
Maybe someone else on this thread can help to confirm.

From what I read, there was a bug on the Tesla app which shows heated 3rd row. It's not there on the car's screen, and people tested it; it didn't work for them. Seats were not getting hot.
I don't see the option either on the app or the car's screen.
Maybe someone else on this thread can help to confirm.
I don't have them in my app or on the screen for my MYLR7 born on August 22nd.

Reactions: hd325
37FC9A3D-5877-4974-A461-5D6813E3B4ED.jpeg
F385D51E-1893-4329-A3C4-F5AF9CEEECE5.jpeg

So I took delivery today. Ordered on 11/17/21. She came with the updated door panels, matrix headlights, updated CPU and all season tires. To my surprise all panels lined up nicely, no paint imperfections, seats look great, interior pieces line up nicely. Only thing I put was some sticky residue on the third row seat, but the Tesla rep cleaned it up for me before I took her home. I was also sent off with a full charge and fresh wash. Great experience!! There is some light at the end of the tunnel for all of you!!

Just got my VIN today, F560. Must be a SoCal push.

I picked up my MYLR7 from the new Long Beach Tesla location this morning. I didn't go through a comprehensive checklist, but I looked over and tested quite a bit, and everything I checked looked good. Panel gaps were pretty even, better than what I have on my 2018 MS. The only thing that needed immediate attention were the installation of the plastic trim pieces that cover the front of the rear seat rails. For whatever reason, one was sitting loose in the back seat footwell and two others were in the center armrest compartment. I was surprised to see that the car came with a Tesla-marked 128 GB flash drive already installed in the glove compartment for camera recordings.

Ordered on 11/2021
Pick up date today 9/25
Fremont build with matrix lights and wood trim

White, 7 seaters, 19” wheels, tow hitch

Paint blemishes and some chips
Uneven frunk (one side bigger gap and sits flush, other side is super tight gap and sits underneath the panel next to it) but functional
All doors functional but many uneven gaps
Uneven tail lights and trunk
3rd seat has dent / creases and left over sticky residue
2nd tilt function broken
AC blows warm
Wireless charger non functional
Car center console kept shutting down to black screen and turning back on randonly

I didn’t get through half my check list before I rejected it.
I ordered mine the same time and same configurations (7 seats white on white) of yours but without a tow hitch. I am still waiting.

I picked up my MYLR7 from the new Long Beach Tesla location this morning. I didn't go through a comprehensive checklist, but I looked over and tested quite a bit, and everything I checked looked good. Panel gaps were pretty even, better than what I have on my 2018 MS. The only thing that needed immediate attention were the installation of the plastic trim pieces that cover the front of the rear seat rails. For whatever reason, one was sitting loose in the back seat footwell and two others were in the center armrest compartment. I was surprised to see that the car came with a Tesla-marked 128 GB flash drive already installed in the glove compartment for camera recordings.
When did you order yours and what is the seat color?

Sorry to hear this, I am in the same situation. OD of 10/28/21, MYLR 7 seat 20" wheels, black/black. Never had a 2 week window and just got pushed to Nov 18 - Dec 23. I have texted the SA and he has nothing helpful to say, just to be patient. There is no one to call or any reason given for why I keep getting pushed back. My trade in value is going down and interest rates going up. So frustrating.

Sorry to hear this, I am in the same situation. OD of 10/28/21, MYLR 7 seat 20" wheels, black/black. Never had a 2 week window and just got pushed to Nov 18 - Dec 23. I have texted the SA and he has nothing helpful to say, just to be patient. There is no one to call or any reason given for why I keep getting pushed back. My trade in value is going down and interest rates going up. So frustrating.
It is... I ordered 10/25/21 and got mine a week ago. From what I see, for the "old timers" the push is always at the end of the quarter not in the beginning. And I may be wrong, nobody knows how it works. My hunch is the beginning of the quarter is set for the higher priced Teslas, and the last month some allocation is made for the lowest priced ones. But, just my hunch.

This is my nightmare. That I become one of the people that fall through the cracks and end up waiting for over a year. While most people wait 8-10 months. Just had my EDD move from 11/2-12/7 to 11/1-11/29. Seems like its a good sign but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Unfortunately, after driving for 50 miles or so, I noticed there is a alignment problem with the car.
I haven't gone through any bump so far, and even today I only had a little over 100 miles on the odometer.
The SA told me to contact the service center to get it fixed, and they gave me a quote of $275. I am confused.
A new car has mechanical problem, but they want to charge me. I read online that many people actually had this issue, some got it fixed for free, some don't.
Still $275 is a lot for adjusting the alignment, even Firestone lifetime alignment doesn't cost this much.
Can non-Tesla shop do Tesla's car alignment? Anyone know? It should be much cheaper.

With the ultrasonic sensors being removed, I'm considering canceling my order and looking elsewhere. Tesla's been making so many heavy-handed cost cutting moves. If I do get the Model Y, I'm 99% sure it'll be my last Tesla.

Reactions: sk45 and c3nsored