Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my VIN. Delivery window of 11/23-12/2. Ordered on Feb 16, 2022. Being delivered to Mass. Got a text today that the car is enroute and I will be contacted to schedule delivery. I ordered a bunch of accessories for day 1 like screen protector, consule organizers, floor mats, etc... Getting a NEMA 15-50 installed is my next move. I already have snow tires mounted on a second set of wheels from TireRack.com.

Reactions: Senpai
Can anyone tell me if I can make the final payment through the app the day of or does it take time for the money to clear? I linked my bank account to the tesla app like it asked.
I just went through this - took just a few minutes. Last Friday I linked a bank account with sufficient funds and paid with the Tesla app. The payment was immediatly recognized as completed by Tesla with a $0 balance due. The funds did not actually leave the bank till Monday (My delivery date)

I just went through this - took just a few minutes. Last Friday I linked a bank account with sufficient funds and paid with the Tesla app. The payment was immediatly recognized as completed by Tesla with a $0 balance due. The funds did not actually leave the bank till Monday (My delivery date)
thanks. tempted to pay it now just to get it out of the way but also would like to see the vehicle first to make sure there is nothing wrong with it before I give them the money.

I didn't want to give Plaid my banking username and password (they can download all of your account transactions on as accounts you're not even using to pay, and you give up the fraud protections the bank grants because of willingly giving access) and was unable to get the previously noted workarounds to search for a non-existent bank and exit until it offers the option to just manually enter in your ACH routing and account number.

My SA via text reported that there is no other method for them to manually do an ACH pull so I had to go pay $20 to an online bank to wire the money to my local bank (concerned not enough time for regular ACH transfer to clear) and another $10 for a cashier's check at the local bank. On the plus side, this means they won't have my bank account info to automatically make a transaction in the future (as I've seen reports when people purchase new cars a guy year or two down the road and it tries to take money out of an account that wasn't to be used).

I didn't want to give Plaid my banking username and password (they can download all of your account transactions on as accounts you're not even using to pay, and you give up the fraud protections the bank grants because of willingly giving access) and was unable to get the previously noted workarounds to search for a non-existent bank and exit until it offers the option to just manually enter in your ACH routing and account number.

My SA via text reported that there is no other method for them to manually do an ACH pull so I had to go pay $20 to an online bank to wire the money to my local bank (concerned not enough time for regular ACH transfer to clear) and another $10 for a cashier's check at the local bank. On the plus side, this means they won't have my bank account info to automatically make a transaction in the future (as I've seen reports when people purchase new cars a guy year or two down the road and it tries to take money out of an account that wasn't to be used).
You can use Plaid then, a few days after the transaction is complete and the money has moved , log into your banking account and remove the Plaid link to Tesla.

Just a quick 7 seater Mt Kisco NY delivery report. Notified two weeks before the start od my latest EDD window, Thur, 3 Nov, that the car was ready (config and tlmeline in signature} with a request to finalize payment and insurance. Only pickup dates offered were the following Monday, and Tuesday 7-8 Nov. Luckily I had the financing ready and insurance was a 15 minute on-line process. A bit rushed, so I expect this MY was allocated to someone who either bailed or rejected the car for some reason. I found no flaws in my 1/2 hr checklist inspection. Seven signatures later I was on my way for a 160 mile test drive home. No mobile charger delivered with the MY and the charger order code came on the Saturday before the Monday delivery. Luckily, I purchased a mobile charger some months ago. I'm planning on keeping one plugged in & a second in the car.
DETAILS:
2023 PF583 Fremont build
New Door Panels
Old Cameras
Old Headlights (bummer for a 2023 model)
No Cargo Cover (being a seven seater)

You can use Plaid then, a few days after the transaction is complete and the money has moved , log into your banking account and remove the Plaid link to Tesla.
Oops, sorry- didn't mean to go off topic. There are other threads for people to read about Plaid. Removing the link in your bank account after the transaction doesn't remove the potential for them to have downloaded data on all of my transactions across all linked accounts. I'll agree that everyone has different security practices and risk tolerance, and for me, the only way I would consider using Plaid would be if I opened a new bank account for the purposes of this transaction, with a separate login and no link to my other accounts (and if I was going to do that, it would probably be more hassle/cost than obtaining a cashier's check). From reading other threads, my interpretation of the risks and their practices is not unique.

Just a quick 7 seater Mt Kisco NY delivery report. Notified two weeks before the start od my latest EDD window, Thur, 3 Nov, that the car was ready (config and tlmeline in signature} with a request to finalize payment and insurance. Only pickup dates offered were the following Monday, and Tuesday 7-8 Nov. Luckily I had the financing ready and insurance was a 15 minute on-line process. A bit rushed, so I expect this MY was allocated to someone who either bailed or rejected the car for some reason. I found no flaws in my 1/2 hr checklist inspection. Seven signatures later I was on my way for a 160 mile test drive home. No mobile charger delivered with the MY and the charger order code came on the Saturday before the Monday delivery. Luckily, I purchased a mobile charger some months ago. I'm planning on keeping one plugged in & a second in the car.
DETAILS:
2023 PF583 Fremont build
New Door Panels
Old Cameras
Old Headlights (bummer for a 2023 model)
No Cargo Cover (being a seven seater)
Picking up on Tuesday. a little disappointed that we aren't getting the matrix headlights.

Picked up today in Southern CA. PF594 ordered mid-May. They unlocked the car to let me check it out before accepting delivery, which was nice. Seems to be near perfect so far after going through some checklists from online, except the rear 12v doesn't seem to be providing any power even when the front 12v is providing 15.5v. (Obviously not a thing to reject delivery on). I'll make a service request and finished testing everything else out.