Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually , can they?? May depend on if it’s a car or suv. Maybe only 7 seaters?

Note: The California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) is $2,000 (or $4,500 for Low Income) for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)

Only the $43,990 Model 3 RWD is below $45,000,
(White/Grey/Blue color and black interior) or (White color and white interior)

And only the $56,990 Model Y Long Range 7-seater is below $60,000,
(Still $3,000 options is available, see the 5-seat color and interior and also $20" wheel $2,000 or $1,000 Tow Hitch)

So after deducting the $7,500 IRA and the $2,000 CVRP, the final cost would be:

- $34,490 Model 3 RWD

- $47,490 Model Y Long Range 7-seater

Last edited:
Reactions: MacO512
Okay, so I’m not the only one. New adjusted price and price agreement. Let’s not get too greedy with double dipping. Tesla could have just said new orders are at the new price and old orders are at the original price like they do when prices increase. If I’m doing the math right, my car is close to 10K cheaper. I’ll take it! 😁

Reactions: WyoDude
Okay, so I’m not the only one. New adjusted price and price agreement. Let’s not get too greedy with double dipping. Tesla could have just said new orders are at the new price and old orders are at the original price like they do when prices increase. If I’m doing the math right, my car is close to 10K cheaper. I’ll take it! 😁
That’s exactly what I was feeling. I’m not going to get upset about tge minor increase in the 7 seat option or my registration going up (AZ law changed 1/1) because it’s at least $10k less. I doubt I’ll qualify for the $7500 credit anyway. The wait was now worth it. After December is a better deal than before.

That’s exactly what I was feeling. I’m not going to get upset about tge minor increase in the 7 seat option or my registration going up (AZ law changed 1/1) because it’s at least $10k less. I doubt I’ll qualify for the $7500 credit anyway. The wait was now worth it. After December is a better deal than before.
People that took delivery prior to today reading these comments in this thread are having their heads explode. Lol

Reactions: AzFthrx3
This is been a roller coaster. I got the email this morning "confirming your order update" and somewhat confused because I hadn't changed anything. Digging into the agreement, I saw the new lower (with higher 3rd row cost) sales agreement. It was funny cause I had just talked to Tesla yesterday about removing the FSD to get in under the IRA cap and the SA kept saying they couldn't advise on the rebate or how quickly they would be able to move the Fremont 7 seater inventory, so I hadn't made any changes.

I was annoyed/bummed in December, when my EDD didn't budge, and then, even if it did, couldn't really change my out of the country plans at the end of the month. Resigned to not being able to take advantage of the EOY gifts, resigned at buying right when the price skyrocketed, So now, at least for the moment, can be pleased that something may have worked in my favor. And with everything else that is going on, may even qualify for the IRA EV credit.

Then all old orders are cancelled and re-ordered. Customer has full right to walk away prior to delivery less $250 order fee. Yes Tesla would pocket a $250 fee, but that seems quite silly in practice.

Probably not worth trying to do for such tiny revenue when they are still profiting many thousands if not tens of thousands per sale at those lowered prices.

With the new pricing, I decided to go back to the 5 seater and still qualify for the tax credit. Thought the IRS ruling would force Tesla to move 7 seaters to more of a priority, but now that they all qualify, they’ll probably keep the same production schedule and I worried about getting a 7 seater before March and another change to the tax credit. Good luck to everyone though and let’s all be happy we’re taking delivery this year!

Reactions: arbitrage000
With the new pricing, I decided to go back to the 5 seater and still qualify for the tax credit. Thought the IRS ruling would force Tesla to move 7 seaters to more of a priority, but now that they all qualify, they’ll probably keep the same production schedule and I worried about getting a 7 seater before March and another change to the tax credit. Good luck to everyone though and let’s all be happy we’re taking delivery this year!
Smart move....it will get tight for many 7 seat orders to deliver before the March changes. 7 seaters will be back of the line again now that a lot of 5 seater configs qualify. Still no 7 seat production out of Austin either.

Smart move....it will get tight for many 7 seat orders to deliver before the March changes. 7 seaters will be back of the line again now that a lot of 5 seater configs qualify. Still no 7 seat production out of Austin either.
I ordered 7 seater in September, declined first VIN in November, edd currently at 1/24-2/21. I would agree it will be tough for new 7 seat orders to deliver before March. Crossing my fingers mine doesn’t see further delays putting it post IRS changes.