Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a personal check for my 3 in AZ , but that was in 2019

I am cross shopping this X 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold just in case Y doesn't come in time for 3/31 (the end of my window)

Also tempted by the seXy vs the less sexY, and real 3rd row. Test drove a 3rd row Y this weekend and it was a joke, even the rep said they jammed it in, cup holders take up room etc.

Not sure if the 17 X has MCU2 (i'll pay for the upgrade regardless), it has EAP
From everything I've seen on YouTube and read from others on here, the 3rd row is good for 5'5" and under. IMO X is anything but sexy. Not saying the Y is a great car to look at either but at least it looks like a car hah.

• Funny
Reactions: vickh
From everything I've seen on YouTube and read from others on here, the 3rd row is good for 5'5" and under. IMO X is anything but sexy. Not saying the Y is a great car to look at either but at least it looks like a car hah.

But closer than CT looks like a truck ;) Sexy is subjective, but I am having second thoughts. I wonder if I have any recourse toward canceling and getting the order fee back?

Updated delivery date today.

Blue / black / no tow / 19 / Enhanced Auto pilot / 7 seat
OD: 1/13 3:51PM CST
3rd party bank financing secured and updated on app 1/17
EDD: 2/22 - 3/31
EDD: 2/21 - 3/21 - Updated Feb 5th
EDD: 3/3 - 3/31 - Updated Feb 22nd
EDD 3/6 - 3/20 - Updated Feb 28th
EDD 3/16-3/23 - Updated Mar 2nd
EDD 3/12-3/21 - Updated Mar 8th
VIN Assigned - Freemont - Mar 2nd
MN

Reactions: fcpain and ansons
Would agr
Just picked up the car! Amazing quality. No issue at all!
Congrats bud

wow my 1/19 order just got delayed from 2/25 to 3/31- 5/1 ! Unless IRS releases guidance prior I'm out on 3/31 :(

I did find a 6 seater CPO X for 45K though :)
There is a chance they will delay issuing the guidance again from what I read. Wouldn't bank on it but you could wait until it actually happens, which hopefully is late. MY EDD is 3/18-3/31 but considering I haven't gotten my VIN yet I'm not sure it will happen. Got my 1-2 week text 1 week 5 days ago. If you really like the X more than 45k for one is really decent.

Reactions: vickh
They dropped several in the NY/MA area as well. All have the 20 inch rims oddly enough. If I thought paying 2k for those rims was at all worth it I'd jump on one of these. I'd rather gamble and wait.
Same in Quebec/Montreal. Inventory was 0 since 2 days and now 20"inch 7seaters show up since this morning. From what I see in the past months, every 2 -3 weeks, new 7 seaters show up in inventory. And from the forum, a batch of 20" inch got delivered before switching to 19" since a few days. So I guess that end of march, we should get 7 seaters 19" in east coast. Just a guess

If you really like the X more than 45k for one is really decent.

+$2K delivery from MD (very fair) 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold , Captains seat vs hard to get in for 3 row Y The only negative is 75D range after 6years back east.

It has MCU2+AP2.5 EAP. I confirmed I can upgrade to FSD @ $99/mo so that's a 50% savings over Y.

I will keep my Y order till X is delivered OK and see if they'll let me transfer it to someone here. Should have used another email or i'll try putting a new one in if they'll let me.

Last edited:
+$2K delivery from MD (very fair) 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold , Captains seat vs hard to get in for 3 row Y The only negative is 75D range after 6years back east.

It has MCU2+AP2.5 EAP. I confirmed I can upgrade to FSD @ $99/mo so that's a 50% savings over Y.

I will keep my Y order till X is delivered OK and see if they'll let me transfer it to someone here. Should have used another email or i'll try putting a new one in if they'll let me.
Nice, I've been keeping my eye on 2019/2020 Model S long ranges...seems like for 50k you can get one with about 50k miles. Kind of my backup plan if the Y gets really delayed. I would have to convince my wife that we don't really need a 3rd row vehicle though lol.

Nice, I've been keeping my eye on 2019/2020 Model S long ranges...seems like for 50k you can get one with about 50k miles. Kind of my backup plan if the Y gets really delayed. I would have to convince my wife that we don't really need a 3rd row vehicle though lol.

Lol my wife is the one against 3rd row :) I had the same dilemma b/t my SR 3 and used 16/17 S in 2019 during the tax credit days too. Wish I had gone with S at that time ,except it had outdated tech. Not the case with this X (unless you consider 4.0AP) Looks like TSLA delays will make my mind up this time if the IRS isn't also late

I would defintely have a backup given all the delays here. There are few unicorn jump seat 3rd row S too! Try https://ev-cpo.com/ or Tesla buyers guides, worldwide inventory and support for owners

I've got a chance to drive 2019 Model S (the car is still with me, right now) for a couple of days after i picked up my Model Y two wks ago. I would say power-wise it's definitely a beast but from interior (2019 S like some luxury car from 2010, 2021 version def looks much better) to technology (you can definitely feel the slowness of MCU2 on S) to the view of driving (since Y is taller) I will pick 2022/23 Y every single time.

Last edited: