Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would look at used X as back up. Just 2 weeks left for full tax credit.. maybe

I found '17 X thru TSLA direct for $47K 6 row etc 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold If they can deliver the Y in time.

Haven't considered that option. But will checkout. I am a bit hesitant to get a 5-6 year old vehicle. An MX that is post raven refresh would be my preference.

Have the Feds confirmed that full tax refund won't carry forward beyond Mar 31? I don't recall any news about it in the recent few days.

Reactions: vickh
Haven't considered that option. But will checkout. I am a bit hesitant to get a 5-6 year old vehicle. An MX that is post raven refresh would be my preference.

Have the Feds confirmed that full tax refund won't carry forward beyond Mar 31? I don't recall any news about it in the recent few days.

those 3 row MX post raven refresh won't be anywhere close to our ~ $58K 3 row Y. I bought MX primarily due to $47K price and TSLA's 1 yr full warranty. After that I might flip it b/f battery warranty expires in 2-3 yrs. Vehicle Warranty | Tesla Support

IRS hasn't confirmed or denied everything but I wouldn't risk it if I don't delivery prior to 3/31. I believe there is another thread here with more details?

those 3 row MX post raven refresh won't be anywhere close to our ~ $58K 3 row Y. I bought MX primarily due to $47K price and TSLA's 1 yr full warranty. After that I might flip it b/f battery warranty expires in 2-3 yrs. Vehicle Warranty | Tesla Support

IRS hasn't confirmed or denied everything but I wouldn't risk it if I don't delivery prior to 3/31. I believe there is another thread here with more details?

Yes, I agree reasonably low mileage used Raven MX will not be close to the <60K new MY. Thats why I wasn't really considering the MX. Additionally if we get the 7.5K rebate, its significantly lower than an MX.

Yes, I agree reasonably low mileage used Raven MX will not be close to the <60K new MY. Thats why I wasn't really considering the MX. Additionally if we get the 7.5K rebate, its significantly lower than an MX.
unless you go older MX. Age really not a big factor compared to older gas cars, IF TSLA honors it's warranties. (They have for my new 3)

At this point its a big IF we get the tax credit. Part of me wonders if I should have waited till 3/31 but the $47K MX price was too good to pass up. Only thing that worries me is range loss less to say 25% which is within spec. I will check that on delivery and refuse if so.

Has anyone had success editing your design to match a local inventory vehicle/accelerated delivery option and then been assigned VIN to that inventory vehicle? Looking at this as an alternative to accelerated delivery to keep lower mid-January price drop, as it seems Tesla wont honor the lower pricing from if you go the accelerated delivery route. There seems to be tons of 20" MYLR7 and would be maybe considering editing current design as an option vs accelerated delivery. I have zero faith calling to talk to a SA or even going to local sales to talk to SA to try and match to local inventory.

Has anyone had success editing your design to match a local inventory vehicle/accelerated delivery option and then been assigned VIN to that inventory vehicle? Looking at this as an alternative to accelerated delivery to keep lower mid-January price drop, as it seems Tesla wont honor the lower pricing from if you go the accelerated delivery route. There seems to be tons of 20" MYLR7 and would be maybe considering editing current design as an option vs accelerated delivery. I have zero faith calling to talk to a SA or even going to local sales to talk to SA to try and match to local inventory.
You'd be surprised. You can call your delivery advisor or text them directly and they'll try to match an available vehicle for you. They offered to find me a vehicle after my rejection. They will not be able to add items (tow hitch) or even change wheel sizes however.

You'd be surprised. You can call your delivery advisor or text them directly and they'll try to match an available vehicle for you. They offered to find me a vehicle after my rejection. They will not be able to add items (tow hitch) or even change wheel sizes however.
I don't believe I have an advisor as far as I know since I ordered online. I have texted with Tesla 510 number but they have been slow to respond and very short at times with responses so that's main reason I have little faith with the text route. It seems there is a mixed bag with some people getting helpful advisers and others not so much.

I saw a coming soon inventory vehicle last night, and decided to order it separately from my original order to prevent it from getting away. I was willing to take a $250 chance that I could keep my 1/29 pricing. I was finally able to get a hold of an SA via text during business hours today. When I placed this new order, I received a text right away which did not happen with the previous order. I asked if Tesla would honor my 1/29 pricing, and they replied that the VIN had been moved to that order with the 1/29 pricing. The SA texted me a few hours later to see if I could pick up on 3/17 as the car was arriving today. I will be out of town, so chose 3/22. I will add the tow package after delivery as I want it for the bike carrier that we already use on our X. I was fine if it did not work out, but am glad that I gave it a shot. Definitely an interesting process.

I saw a coming soon inventory vehicle last night, and decided to order it separately from my original order to prevent it from getting away. I was willing to take a $250 chance that I could keep my 1/29 pricing. I was finally able to get a hold of an SA via text during business hours today. When I placed this new order, I received a text right away which did not happen with the previous order. I asked if Tesla would honor my 1/29 pricing, and they replied that the VIN had been moved to that order with the 1/29 pricing. The SA texted me a few hours later to see if I could pick up on 3/17 as the car was arriving today. I will be out of town, so chose 3/22. I will add the tow package after delivery as I want it for the bike carrier that we already use on our X. I was fine if it did not work out, but am glad that I gave it a shot. Definitely an interesting process.
$1300 tow package?